Quantcast Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Opens At The Poly

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Opens At The Poly

Enthusiastic fans of Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel are celebrating the soft opening March 28 of the East Coast version. Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto is located off the main lobby of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort; the adjacent Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace offers views of the marina and Seven Seas Lagoon. Official opening is set for late April, when the coveted Tiki souvenir glassware arrives. (Tiki fans go bananas for the collectible mugs.) An official opening date will be announced soon!

Founded by Adventureland’s famous “head” salesman, Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto has some similarities to the Anaheim original. But at Walt Disney World Resort, the magical theming reflects its new resort location. This enchanted South Seas hideaway welcomes guests to explore a menu of “magical tropical drinks and food,” and while this new version shares a few cocktails and small plates, Beverage Manager Brad Ward, Chef Lenny DeGeorge, and the Concept Development team have created new menu items just for the Walt Disney World Resort Trader Sam’s.

The famous Trader Sam cocktails, available in Disney collectible Tiki mugs, are a mix of old and new. We won’t share ingredients, but the names might give away the concoctions.

Only at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto:
    Polynesian Pearl
    Nautilus
    Castaway Crush
    Tahitian Torch
    Dark & Tropical Stormy

Favorites imported from Trader Sam’s
    Enchanted Tiki Bar:
    Krakatoa Punch
    Uh-Oa!
    HippopotoMai-Tai
    Shrunken Zombie Head

And there are Sam’s No-Booze Brews:
    Schweitzer Fall
    Skipper Sipper
    Polynesian Punch

Small bites are on the menu, with a couple inspired by the Disneyland Trader Sam’s menu – the chicken lettuce cups with hoisin ginger sauce and the Hawaiian poke with Sriracha aioli and wonton chips. New to the Walt Disney World Resort menu are kalua pork tacos with shredded cabbage and pickled vegetables; pan-fried dumplings with soy-sesame dipping sauce; roasted chicken and pork pâté bánh mì sliders with pickled vegetables; salmon oshizushi (press sushi); corn-battered Portuguese sausages with curry ketchup and a Headhunter Sushi Roll.
    The lounge has 50 seats inside and 82 on the patio. No reservations are required.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Patricia; 03-27-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Super stoked to give it a try mid-April!

I must say I'm really disappointed by all the negative/confusing chatter on Tikiman's FB page. Tikiman's post on FB earlier today was, "No Trader Sam's until late April" and it throw's everyone into a tizzy. The blog clearly states it's getting a soft opening tomorrow. Maybe they won't have a full menu or maybe it will be limited access, but it's right there on the Disney blog that it's opening.

I'm not sure if he's trying to drive up traffic on his page but he's really doing a good job of it. The other hot topic is the pool. Will it or won't it open? I would find it hard to believe that Disney would open those bungalows for what people are paying a night and not have the lava pool open for people's enjoyment.

Craziness! I'll get off my soap box now. Looking forward to the new Poly mid-April!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

In spite of what Tikiman may think..

It is indeed open today from 4:00PM - 12:00AM, complete with live music on the patio. The line is long, but apparently guests are having fun while waiting.

The only thing keeping them from "officially" opening till late April is waiting on the tiki mugs.

I can't imagine they would close for any period of time after opening, hiring and training staff.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Looking forward to birthday drinks there in two weeks.

Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

From Twitter:
    Staff were taking party sizes and stamping the first group to be let in.

The line 40 minutes before opening..

Blah

Edit: They opened 30 minutes early and the first wave is in.

The Grog is open! Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Patricia; 03-28-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: