Quantcast Disney Parks Moms Panel - It's that time again!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Disney Parks Moms Panel - It's that time again!

Hope this is not a duplicate thread, but ...

The application for the 2015 Disney Parks Moms Panel is open from September 2-5, 2014!

http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/recruiting/

Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the link, Johnetta. Hope you are well!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure!

I'm feeling pretty well, thanks!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied! First time.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

E-mail notifications telling people whether they will be moving on to Round 2 of the 2015 Disney Parks Moms Panel (DPMP)are expected to be sent out on or before the 17th of October according to Gary's tweet (a.k.a. "the person in charge" of the 2015 DPMP).

So keep an eye on your in-boxes this week for what will hopefully be good news for you!

Post Thanks / Like

If all goes well, the alerts will be going out soon, according to Gary's latest tweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Parks Moms Panel - It's that time again!

I am so excited! I received my email...I have made it to round 2!!!
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKane View Post
    I am so excited! I received my email...I have made it to round 2!!!
    Congrats! I was rejected. Ah well!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Congrats! I was rejected. Ah well!
    Me too. I made it to round two last year, but this time I was rejected. Well I'll try again next year. Just keep swimming Just keep swimming.
    Congrats to all that made round two and good luck!

Has anyone from INTERCOT made it to the Panel?
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I made it as well though I practically forgot I applied because I sent it the day before my wife and I left for Disney World for Night of Joy and not being able to apply last year because my sister being involved in the Disney College Program. Now this sinus infection just needs to clear up before I make my video.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

*** Reminder ***

Just a few more hours to go until the notifications which will tell people if they are moving on to Round 3 will be going out. These were originally expected on the tenth; but now 11-11-14 is the anticipated day - according to Gary.

Hopefully, these emails will be bringing some good news to Intercoters!

Post Thanks / Like

Well...no email for me today which leads me to believe I did not move on to round 3. Though I am completely bummed it won't stop me from trying next year. Best of luck to those that have moved on!
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the big benefit of getting selected for this and what value does it add to Disney to have it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Punchdrunk View Post
    So what is the big benefit of getting selected for this and what value does it add to Disney to have it?
    I'm still wondering this myself.

The value for Disney seems to be having "control" over the types of answers people get to their questions. MANY answers "suggest" the additional upsell experiences, like BBB, Character Meals, Memory Maker, the parties, etc. So, seems like a thinly veiled promotional opportunity for Disney.

I used to apply for this until I started perusing the questions and answers and realized a lot of the answers were simply advertisements for things that cost extra money. And frankly, I find the "unofficial" fan site discussion forums to provide more accurate and timely information.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the idea of helping others. There is no compensation other than a training session at Walt Disney World.
    To be completely honest it's really no different than posting on a message board.
    I will probably continue to apply year after year but for now I think I can fulfill my dream more and get over the disappointment if I post here on Intercot.
    June 1987 - May 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conan617 View Post
    Me too. I made it to round two last year, but this time I was rejected. Well I'll try again next year. Just keep swimming Just keep swimming.
    Congrats to all that made round two and good luck!

Has anyone from INTERCOT made it to the Panel?
    Yes, there are approximately 3 to my knowledge who have made the panel. My count might be off because I follow other boards too and I might have missed someone's post. Sometimes people only post occasionally here (like me). Technically an Intercoter's wife made it one year, but she's in my count of three anyway! I believe that I was the second Intercot person to make it to the Disney Parks Moms Panel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Punchdrunk View Post
    Good question. Also, good answers have been already given. I agree that the "big benefit" is that you get to help a lot of people. I also agree that Intercot does exactly that for thousands of people too!

Without going into a long discussion about the DPMP, the call went out annually and I tried to answer that call each year ( and failed to make it past round 1) until one year, I happened to "fit" what they were looking for. I never dreamed I would make it - ever. The experience was wonderful, training trip, compensation trip and media opportunities.

I think that for me, it filled my inner desire to "work for the mouse" (I wanted to be an Imagineer). Being a part of both DPMP and Intercot have been fun. I don't think that any of us post on this board or help friends, family and strangers to plan their vacations for "big payoffs". In the end, it is helping people to enjoy Disney & the friendships that are strengthened as a result of those efforts are what matter the most.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do believe we've had 3 folks who used to be regular posters here make the panel. Unfortunately after they made it, their posts here dwindled quite a bit.

I too find that the unofficial boards like INTERCOT provide more realistic answers to Disney vacation planning questions, as I've never seen anything negative on the Mom's Panel discussions. Like Natalie said, it feels like promotion, which it most likely is being that they represent the company.

The buzz the first few years of this was huge.
    Last edited by Melanie; 11-13-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: