Quantcast Episode 60 - The Trash Can Said Talk To My Agent

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Take It or Leave It - Queue Waits Longer Than 30 Minutes

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take It

8 26.67%
  • Leave It

22 73.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 60 - The Trash Can Said Talk To My Agent

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast - Episode 60
    The Trashcan Said - Talk To My Agent
    The Cast: Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, Shane Gamble & John Yaglenski

- Media Preview Event, Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster

- Our first podcast fire

- 4 Parks / 1 Day - Christine’s Adventure

- Shane Gamble’s experience with Magic Bands, bad shoes, and the electric slide.

- PUSH contract not renewed - lots of bad jokes ensue.

- Fire at Voyage of the Little Mermaid

- #runICOT updates, thanks for the charity suggestions.* John is leaning towards running Marathon Weekend in support of Thyroid Cancer Awareness but we are still looking for a site charity.

- Shane Gamble Live in the INTERCOT Studio!* Performs “Turn My Way” - available on Itunes, Amazon, XBox music and all major online stores.

- Shane is doing a pledge drive on Pledge Music right now.* For only $10, you can preorder his upcoming album including the song “Beautiful Work”.* Visit http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/shanegamble and http://www.shanegamble.com for more info!

- Just about had it with Winter!

- Flower and Garden Festival “Outdoor Kitchens”

- Flower Power Concert Series - Our annual singing and we fail miserably.* And for the record, it wasn’t Giorgio Moroder, it was Jacques Morali, a French composer.* John is psyched - The Alan Parsons Project is coming!

- Shane Gamble comes back and plays “Beautiful Work” - an amazing new track from his upcoming CD. We ALL get the sentiment! Mel made her pledge while Shane was singing.

- Jammin’ Jungle parade going bye bye

- New MK Parade - Festival of Fantasy (the floats and costumes look fantastic)

- Bounds, James Bounds

- Take it or leave it - Queue Waits 30 minutes or longer.* Ian says No, No! Christine says Take It!* Mel says NO! Christine says, no big deal - Take It!* John says Take It!

- Paris gets Ratatouille Inspired Area/Ride. Sounds interesting. Will similar attractions come to other parks?

- We talk about potential rides and attractions for Epcot and what might fit in.

- Welcome Home John!

- John Henson’s passing

- isabevigodadead.com

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love & ROCK OUT!

>> In Studio Video
    Last edited by John; 02-18-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shane

Great song and great video. love the Black and White. Awesome
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It was such a privilege to be able to hear Shane perform live like that. I truly enjoyed it. He's amazingly talented and I'd really encourage folks to check him out if you haven't already. And definitely support him, because he supports us and is a friend of the show.

Fun ep to record ... we rambled a lot on this one, so if you enjoy when we roam stray this one is probably for you.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Popping in to say I'm cracking up at the music portion... a lot of those "bottom of the barrel" groups tour together doing oldies shows. I wonder if they give each other the hook up. Last year I saw Herman's Hermits, The Grass Roots, The Turtles, and The Buckinghams on tour together. I took my parents and mother-in-law, and it was a really fun show!

You'll probably bop yourself on the head for The Lovin' Spoonful. You got "Summer in the City" which was a big one, but they also had "Do You Believe in Magic," "You Didn't Have to be so Nice," "Daydream" (What a day for a daydream...), and "Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind."

Grass Roots- "Live For Today" (Sha-la-la-la-la-la Live for today...) and "Midnight Confession" are probably their two biggest.

Herman's Hermits- I think John sang "Something Good" and Christine sang "Henry the VIII" they also had "There's a Kind of Hush" and "Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter."

I don't know as much about Gary Lewis and the Playboys or Paul Revere and the Raiders. Fun stuff! I always joke that the perfect job for me would be a music historian... I know way too much music trivia
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great one. You all just crack me up.

Shane was amazing...I have to go do my pledge. I won one of his CD's in a podcast contest on FB, and it's one of my very favorites. It's played in heavy rotation!

Take it or leave it...Most things over 30 mins is leave it. I'm there enough, I don't wait in lines. I would wait for Toy Story, ToT, maybe Space, but not for anything else. I'll be back.

I have a feeling it's my fault you can't ride the double decker bus any more. We went to the top and I whacked my head. Had a concussion and scared the driver half to death!

I agree, while Epcot is my favorite park, it does need some sprucing up, as well as some additions. There are some very empty parts of that park.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Fun ep to record ... we rambled a lot on this one, so if you enjoy when we roam stray this one is probably for you.
    Those are always my favorite ones. Love how your minds work when you all get to talking!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    You'll probably bop yourself on the head for The Lovin' Spoonful. You got "Summer in the City" which was a big one, but they also had "Do You Believe in Magic,"
    No, no. That was Shaun Cassidy.

Last night, us podcast folk were again discussing (over messaging) the Alan Parson's Project. I had no idea they did Sirius. I hear that song at 90% of the sporting events I go to.

Overall, the Flower Power Concerts just aren't my favorite. Not one of these acts would I go out of my way to go see. My favorite overall is Eat to the Beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Those are always my favorite ones. Love how your minds work when you all get to talking!
    By the end, I was tired (and grumpy). LOL!

I agree, while Epcot is my favorite park, it does need some sprucing up, as well as some additions. There are some very empty parts of that park.
    I do agree with this, but don't necessarily think every country needs an attraction. And like I said on the podcast, I don't agree that Fantasyland type attractions belong in the World Showcase. I enjoy the characters there, yes, but as an added/side benefit. I don't think they should be such a huge presence in a pavilion.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree these aren't the most exciting groups! I do like The Lovin' Spoonful though. I don't know much about Alan Parsons, but yeah, as soon as I heard that song at the end I knew it. It really is played at every sporting event! Especially basketball as John mentioned. And hockey. They play it a lot when announcing starting line ups.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and for take it or leave it... At 30 mins I still say Take it, but always double check with the CM out front! They will usually tell you when it's really a walk on. (As was the case with us for Little Mermaid...)
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Oh and for take it or leave it... At 30 mins I still say Take it, but always double check with the CM out front! They will usually tell you when it's really a walk on. (As was the case with us for Little Mermaid...)
    I'm kind of mad about that, if you are talking about January. We skipped a lot of rides (Little Mermaid being one of them) that trip because the listed times were outrageous, only to come home and find that all those times were way off for those few weeks. I'll learn to ask the CM as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alan Parsons - my favorite song...

Games People Play:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftF5pZiXuE

Huge hit in 1980 - peaked at #16 on the hot 100

And this was the song I was trying to sing which played on rock radio... I wouldn't want to be like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnKfWh0QzE
    Last edited by John; 02-19-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

John, you must find a way down that weekend they are there.

Post Thanks / Like

The national sport of canada is Lacrosse guys.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    The national sport of canada is Lacrosse guys.

GASP! You're right, Jeff. I feel like an idiot.

Lacrosse. Curling. Whatever. It's not hockey, like you'd think it would be!

Post Thanks / Like

And your son was wrong.

USA plays Canada in the semi finals, they cannot meet in the gold-medal match.

COME ON BOUNDS FAMILY!

Hope that ride works for D-Paris. It sounds like a good idea. That park needs some help. One ride won't change the atmosphere there though.
    Last edited by Quadstriker; 02-19-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Edit: Wait we're you talking about the gold medal curling match?
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he told me that early on. I trust him because he's usually spot on with that stuff. We're sure off this week. LOL He wants me to get him out of school early on Friday for said game. Not happening!

So Jeff, you weren't impressed with DL Paris? I'm so anxious to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm kind of mad about that, if you are talking about January. We skipped a lot of rides (Little Mermaid being one of them) that trip because the listed times were outrageous, only to come home and find that all those times were way off for those few weeks. I'll learn to ask the CM as well.
    Yup. We wasted about a day and a half trusting the times. Then we were forced to enter a 45 min wait for PotC which ended up only being 15. Haunted Mansion posted at 30, was closer to 15 as well. We started paying closer attention and the times were consistently misreported both in the app and at the rides. Some you can tell just by looking, but with Mermaid you can't because of the long, winding queue. The CM actually told us as we passed by in the morning that it was a walk on the second time we rode this past trip. The first time we were prepared to wait 30 mins and again it was a walk on. Very frustrating.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

So Jeff, you weren't impressed with DL Paris? I'm so anxious to get there.
    It would be too lengthy a discussion to get into via text so I'll have to give you the skinny next time we talk for reals, but I've been to 3 of the parks and lets just say it's firmly entrenched at number 3 in the power rankings. If you do go there, I'd be surprised to hear that it's anything but number 5 on yours.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Without even listening to the podcast yet I say leave it! when we first went to WDW we went in April, then the end of April/May and waited for up to 60 mins (i believe that was OUR max we were willing to wait, some rides were longer) and never really knew the difference. then we started going in Aug/Sept and have gotten used to waits around 20-30 mins (with lots of walk-on's) if planned correctly. now when we go and see waits of 40 mins or more, there is not much chance I'm going to wait. we would most likely try and plan the ride around another time and go do something else. fall trips have spoiled us. with that said we go back mid march this year so it could be interesting!
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV