Quantcast My Disney Experience and DVC - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
sheraton vistana resort
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards INTERCOT DVC Forum Sponsor:
The Timeshare Store

Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 AM
INTERCOT Guest

Default My Disney Experience and DVC

I have been having many problems with MDX account for several months. I can not add my children, managed by my wife to my account. Was just told by DVC to call them for all MDX problems. Opt 7 when you call the 800 number.

They said the main Disney MDX support will not be able to help. My experience has proven this statement to be true.

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Oh they can help, but expect to wait. I spent 33 minutes on hold, and then the wonderful CM spent over 55 minutes straightening out and helping me link park passes. I had to call my daughter in Colorado during the call on the other phone and put her on speaker phone so the three of us could talk and fix, no way was I going to try a conventional conference call and lose this CM! We will have three families and ten persons in May, in a GV. One problem was we are NOT using our non expiring tickets which were linked to two of us. I wanted to ENSURE they weren't used when we go in May. We had a short trip in sep and I unfortunately linked them in the off chance we'd be part of the pilot. But there is NO way to remove them once they are linked. They claim if they remove, the tickets will be null and void, regardless if they have days left on them. You have to have a CM move them electronically to the "back" in order to use other ticket first. We still will check when we get there to make sure they use the ten day expiring ticket and NOT my non expiring ticket that still has five days left. I hold on to my non expiring tickets for short visits. I can't wait to see the hassle when we try to book Fast pass +. Hold on to your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride folks.

Dec 2014 -- VWL and AKV
May 2015 with DGD and DGS - VWL
Sep or October 2015 with my girls :)
Spring/Summer 2017 -- family trip. -- Yep, already dreaming

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + VWL
Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Default BWV - Came through but how was I to know

Every so many days, I like to pull up my DVC stuff and I knew they did maintenance so I wanted to triple check my 2 waitlists (BWV standard and boardwalk view studio).

Well one of them was gone. I used the chat tool online to ask about it. The chat person told me to call the 800 number.

The 800 number had a message that I would be waiting for 10 minutes.

But I was scared that waitlist got lost and I would be at the bottom of the pile on a new wait list so I stayed on.

Turns out, there was availability in BWV (standard view). But, how was I to know? No email, no call, nothing.

Not a very magical experience.
BWV #runICOT 1/14
VBR and BCV 7/13
AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
BWV 9/09
AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
BWV 6/08
SSR 11/07
AKL - 5/06
Offsite 6/05
ASM 7/99
Offsite 3/97
Old 11-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Imagineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
Every so many days, I like to pull up my DVC stuff and I knew they did maintenance so I wanted to triple check my 2 waitlists (BWV standard and boardwalk view studio).

Well one of them was gone. I used the chat tool online to ask about it. The chat person told me to call the 800 number.

The 800 number had a message that I would be waiting for 10 minutes.

But I was scared that waitlist got lost and I would be at the bottom of the pile on a new wait list so I stayed on.

Turns out, there was availability in BWV (standard view). But, how was I to know? No email, no call, nothing.

Not a very magical experience.
For some reason I think there is something about wait listing online that if you didn't check the option to replace the original reservation and the wait list cleared it would be held to the end of the day or something to that effect. I just remember thinking it was strange.

I've never gotten an email or a call when something has cleared even though they say emails are sent. I've learned that if I have something pending I check-in daily.

CR 5/72 DLH 11/98 Poly CL 8/12
WL 11/94, 11/95, 11/96, 11/97, 11/99, 1/04, 2/05, 11/05, 11/06, 8/11, 3/13
DVC: VWL11/07, 11/08, 11/09, 11/10, 11/11, 6/13, 1/14 BWV 8/09 BLT 6/10, 6/11, 6/12, 8/13 VGC 6/14

Next Up: OKW 8/14
Old 11-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
One problem was we are NOT using our non expiring tickets which were linked to two of us. I wanted to ENSURE they weren't used when we go in May. We had a short trip in sep and I unfortunately linked them in the off chance we'd be part of the pilot. But there is NO way to remove them once they are linked. They claim if they remove, the tickets will be null and void, regardless if they have days left on them. You have to have a CM move them electronically to the "back" in order to use other ticket first. We still will check when we get there to make sure they use the ten day expiring ticket and NOT my non expiring ticket that still has five days left. I hold on to my non expiring tickets for short visits. I can't wait to see the hassle when we try to book Fast pass +. Hold on to your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride folks.
So what happens to those non-expiring tickets in the "back" when your trip is over and you want to link them to a future reservation?

Please keep us updated!

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Disneyland Hotel (DL)

Share This Thread On Social Media: