Quantcast 2013-2014 Armed Forces Salute

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013-2014 Armed Forces Salute

It's Back!!!

Disney has renewed the Armed Forces Salute for yet another year. As usual, this year brings some minor changes to the offer, which I will highlight below.

Kudos to Steve at MilitaryDisneyTips for providing this info before the official release. Steve has been a great source of info and works tirelessly with Disney to get this information out as early as possible.

The offer will run from 29 September 2013 through 27 September 2014.

This offer can be booked immediately, however, tickets will not be available for purchase until August 12, 2013.

You can book your rooms now by calling Disney directly or giving Magical Journeys a shout out! The ladies there can hook you up with this amazing deal!

Ticket Details:
    Qualified individuals may purchase up to a maximum of six** theme park tickets during the period of the Disney Armed Forces Salute. These tickets are non-refundable and any days left on the tickets will expire at the end of the offer period.

Tickets purchased at military re-sellers and not direct from Disney must be activated prior to first use in person by the military member or spouse***.

Walt Disney World Ticket Options:

-The theme Park Hopper Option, which allows you to visit multiple parks on the same day

-The Water Park Fun and More Option, which allows 4 entrances to a variety of non-theme Park Disney venues

-Both the above options in one ticket

Disney World Armed Forces Salute Prices

Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $169.00*
    Four-Day Water Park and More Tickets for $169.00*
    Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets plus the Water Park and More Option for $198.00
    These tickets can be purchased at Shades of Green, your local Base Ticket Office, or Disney Theme Park ticket booths (Tax will be added at Disney ticket booths).

Blockout dates (Dates that these tickets may not be used):

19 - 31 December 2013 (No Theme Park or Water Park Use)
    13 - 20 April 2014 (No Theme Park or Water Park Use)
    4 July 2014 (No Magic Kingdom Use)

WDW tickets go on sale 12 August 2013

Disneyland in Anaheim California

At Disneyland you only have one choice for your tickets.

Three-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $129.00
    These tickets can be purchased at Your local Base Ticket Office, or Disney Theme Park ticket booths (Tax will be added at Disney ticket booths). If you do not have a base near you see this page for other options.

Blockout dates (Dates that these tickets may not be used):

19 - 31 December 2013 (No theme Park Use)
    13 - 20 April 2014 (No theme Park Use)
    4 July 2014 (No theme Park Use)
    Disneyland tickets go on sale 12 August 2013

Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Rules

* At WDW the 4-Day Disney Military Promotion Tickets may be upgraded to add the Park Hopper® Option and Water Park Fun and More option. These options may be added any time prior to September 27, 2014. The no-expiration option is not available. Additional days may not be added to this ticket.

**For families larger than 6, Disney states "Exceptions should be made for immediate families larger than six people." For example, if a family has five children, Disney will allow all members of the family to purchase Disney Military Promotion Tickets, for Mom, Dad, and the five kids.

*** At Walt Disney World once the tickets are activated the party can split up. For example some go to Epcot and some to MK, or even use the tickets on different days. The Military ID is checked only upon ticket activation. At Disneyland the member has to enter the parks every time with those they sponsor, including park hopping. The ID is checked at activation and every entrance.

Room Discounts:
    Qualified individuals may purchase book up to a maximum of three* rooms at a time during the period of the Disney Armed Forces Salute. This discount may be used as many times as you'd like during the offer period

There are Blockout dates during which Disney does not offer the discounts. These are "peak attendance" dates.

Please note, the number of rooms and room types at these rates are limited, so you might have to be flexible.

Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida

40% off Deluxe Resorts*
    35% off Moderates and Fort Wilderness Cabins*
    30% off Value Resorts including Art of Animation*
    Disney World Room Blockout dates:

28 - 29 November 2013
    23 - 31 December 2013
    14 - 19 April 2014

Disneyland in Anaheim California

Up to 40% off Resorts*
    Disneyland Room Blockout dates:

28 - 29 November 2013
    23 - 31 December 2013
    14 - 19 April 2014

Eligibility
    Here is the list of who is eligible:

Current military members:
    Active,
    Reserve
    National Guard

Retired military Members:
    Active,
    Reserve
    National Guard
    100% Service Connected Disabled with the DAVPRM code on their military issued ID.

Spouses or Unremarried Widows of the above, if the member is unable to go.

Foreign partners/Coalition partners stationed at a US base are eligible. They must have a permanent US Military issued ID (CAC card with blue stripe).

Restrictions:
    4-Day Military Promotional Offer Important Details (The Fine Print) from Disney's original press release
    • Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
    • "Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
    • The actual prices charged at the individual U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above.
    • Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
    • Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort are not valid until activated by the Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows. Tickets and options expire and may not be used after Sept. 27, 2014. Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
    • Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort expire and may not be used after Sept. 27, 2014. Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
    • No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse). Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place.) In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
    • Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days.

*The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in the room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply at the Walt Disney World Resort if there are more than two adults per room. Other restrictions apply.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the details, Nat. Great news!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Disney for honoring the Armed Forces!!!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Not a Military family, but love the way Disney salutes our Armed forces!!! I hope all military families can make memories with this offer.. Thank you all for serving our Country
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

My son in law is retired military and has a trip planned. Is he able to add days to the pass. They will be there for 7 days.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildernesslady View Post
    My son in law is retired military and has a trip planned. Is he able to add days to the pass. They will be there for 7 days.
    No, you cannot add days

He can get two passes and use them back to back, but there is a limit of 6 tickets per military member per offer period.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Natalie.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know if it is a maximum of 6 tickets per year, or is it a maximum of 6 per trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poohbearkris View Post
    Does anybody know if it is a maximum of 6 tickets per year, or is it a maximum of 6 per trip?
    Maximum of six tickets per offer period. Not per year, exactly, but between the valid dates of the offer.

There is no limit to how many times you can take advantage of the hotel discounts, though.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so so glad they renewed it!!!

PLEASE can anyone confirm if one family member can use 2 tickets (for a total of 8 park days)? I know the limit is 6. But can we buy 2 for DH and 2 for me to have 8 park days total?
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post

PLEASE can anyone confirm if one family member can use 2 tickets (for a total of 8 park days)? I know the limit is 6. But can we buy 2 for DH and 2 for me to have 8 park days total?
    I did this in September 2012 and it worked fine.
    Nicole

Next up - Shades of Green (Feb 2014) and AK Jambo House ( Sept 2014)
    Stayed at: CB, POP, PO-R, FW Cabins and DL Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post

Yes, you can. There used to be a rule that required waiting 7 days between consecutive uses of tickets by the same person, but that rule has been eliminated.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping I can explain this right

If I do the 4 day hopper and add the water park and more option on, does everything expire in 4 days? I thought at one time the water park option could be used within 10. This is what I'm thinking of doing. Parks Monday and Tuesday, no actual park except a water park on Wednesday, then parks again Thursday and Friday. Or, would my 4-day hopper be invalid on Thursday then since I would have used it for four days?

I hope I'm making sense. Thank you!
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nls721 View Post
    I am hoping I can explain this right

If I do the 4 day hopper and add the water park and more option on, does everything expire in 4 days? I thought at one time the water park option could be used within 10. This is what I'm thinking of doing. Parks Monday and Tuesday, no actual park except a water park on Wednesday, then parks again Thursday and Friday. Or, would my 4-day hopper be invalid on Thursday then since I would have used it for four days?

I hope I'm making sense. Thank you!
    These Armed Forces Salute tickets have different "expiration" rules than regular MYW tickets.

Once you purchase these tickets, they can be used any way you want, up until the date of expiration of the offer period.

If you get the WP&M option, you will get 4 days of Theme Park Admission and 4 "fun" entries. You can use these days any way you want up until the pass expires on September 27,2014. The water park options are separate from the theme park days, so you really could stretch it out to 8 days worth of fun, by alternating parks with water parks.

For example:
    You could theoretically take 4 different two day trips to WDW during the offer period, and on each trip, just go to the parks one day and the waterparks one other day. The passes don't expire until the offer expires.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Natalie! That is great. Thank you for the feedback. I will be able to extend my trip next fall and do some waterparks in there too.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like

Default wish they would honor all vets

Served in the Navy for four years, and Army for two. So I wish they would honor all us vets
    WL concierge silver wedding anniversary 2004
    GCH, disneyland July 2005
    WL concierge Dec 2005
    Wilderness Lodge 2007
    POP Century May 2008
    POP Century May 2009
    POP Century October 2010
    New DVC Owners BLT
    BLT/AKL Villas May 2011
    CS/DCL Fantasy Maiden Voyage 03/2012
    BLT Oct 2012
    BLT Jan 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if we had bought passes last year but had days left on them, would they now be valid until the end of this extension?
    We use them every year when we go but this past year was the first time that we had days left so I'm not sure if we can still use them.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginger19 View Post
    Does anyone know if we had bought passes last year but had days left on them, would they now be valid until the end of this extension?
    We use them every year when we go but this past year was the first time that we had days left so I'm not sure if we can still use them.
    No. Each promotional period has an end date. Sept 28, 2013 was the end date of last year's AFS promotion. All unused days needed to be used by that date or they are forfeited.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    No. Each promotional period has an end date. Sept 28, 2013 was the end date of last year's AFS promotion. All unused days needed to be used by that date or they are forfeited.
    That's what I thought, thank you.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW