Quantcast Embarassing moments in the parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Embarassing moments in the parks

I'll share my most embarassing moment. It happened last September when I was in Central Florida interviewing for a job (which I got). My wife and 5 month old were back home in Pittsburgh. The job interview was in Winter Haven so I stayed at AKV on points as a DVC member. I decided to spend the Sunday before the interview in the parks (by myself) as if I was flying down for an interview I might as well enjoy my trip in case I didn't get the job.

At any rate, I woke early to get my money's worth for the $125 single day park hopper. I wanted breakfast and saw that Hollywood and Vine had a buffet breakfast. I got on a bus seeing about getting in figuring if I didn't at least I could go to one of the resorts nearby for breakfast. Well I got to the HS gate and found out I could go in if I wanted to eat. I decided to give my name and go in and eat.

I am sure some of you know where I am going with this as it wasn't until I got inside that I realized that this wasn't just a buffet breakfast but a Character Buffet Breakfast. And no, not a Mickey or Donald character breakfast, but a DISNEY JUNIOR character breakfast. Though I am very aware of Disney Junior now I had no clue then.

My server was cool about it and the characters just walked up and rubbed their tummies to me, but it was a bit unusual to be a grown 35 year old man sitting alone at a character breakfast designed for very young children.

Oh well, at least I had breakfast and started probably one of the most non-crowded days doing almost everything I wanted to do in 3 out of the 4 parks.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but that is hilarious! Would have paid to see that!

I fell I'm MK once. I was on the little boardwalk thing in Liberty Square walking to get over to BTMRR. It had rained, and I slipped on a leaf. Went down hard, and thought nobody saw me. Until I got up and this guy comes up behind me and says "Wow, you fell hard. You ok? I'd be really embarrassed if I fell." I was ok until then...
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

This isnt my emberassing moment, its my moms bfs. His name is Larry.
    So we were standing by the fantasyland restrooms waiting for larrys daughter to finish up when larry suddenly had gas. Unaware of his surroundings and convinced that his gas would be silent, he let it out. To his surprise it was actually very loud. I started laughing really hard because bodily functions are hilarious for some reason, then i pointed behind him. He turned around and looked to find a lady holding her baby and sitting down on a bench directly behind him. He had pretty much farted directly on her and her babys face. She had a look of total disgust. Larry turned bright red which is funny because he is completely bald. He resembled a cherry. He apologized to her but we could not stop laughing about how emberassing it was.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

Those are funny stories.

One of my embarrassing moments: I remember being excited that the single rider line on test track was walk on while stand by was over 45 minutes. My party broke up and did the single rider line. The excitement quickly ended when the car they put me in was all screaming little girls and I was the only adult male in the car. I wanted to jump off the car. I must've looked like the biggest creep in the ride photo at the end.

My brother's most embarrassing moment: a bird pooped on his head in Epcot. That was hilarious.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I have a story similar to taleasoldastime except it was actually me.

We were staying at Saratoga Springs about 6 years ago. There were a total of 7 of us (kids, niece, etc). We were leaving to go to the parks one morning and when we came around the corner the elevator was at our floor open so the kids ran and caught it. Everyone got in and I was the last. I worked my way into the middle and the doors closed. Well I was like "Hey I could fart right now on the elevator and the kids would think it was hilarious." Well without looking around I ripped a good one but everyone just got big eyed and started looking at each other strangely but I finally just burst out laughing. Then my older son says "Ummm daddy there is someone else on the elevator right behind you!" I thought he was kidding but I turned around and there was this guy right behind me. There were so many of us, he just blended into the crowd on the elevator and I didn't notice him when I got on. I had just raised one leg and farted all over this dude like I did it on purpose or something. I turned bright red in embarrassment and apologized. The guy was pretty cool about it and started laughing a little and said it was ok we were all on vacation but you could tell that he would have preferred that it not been sprayed all over him. lol

As embarrassing as it was at the time, it made a memory we will never forget. The kids still bring it up on the way or when we get to WDW and they tell me "Now dad, don't be farting on other guests while we are here." Not exactly the perfect disney memory but it will be a lasting one.

Post Thanks / Like

My moment is also a "fall" story.

We were running through Epcot, trying to get over to DHS before it closed, and it was raining.

Well, I slipped and ended up sitting on the ground, in puddle in the rain. DH comes up and asks if I'm hurt (just my wrist a bit, nothing serious), but when says "let's get you up", I reply with "no, I'm just going to sit here". I was feeling pretty stupid and sorry for myself at this point.

Out of nowhere, this man comes up and says "oh no you're not, there is no crying at Disney" and puts his arms under mine and picks me up and walks off.

Sigh, I'm sure no one else even cared, but I felt like dope.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

OK this one's kinda gross so if you have a weak stomach don't read.

One of my sisters has the tendency to get sick when she's traveling, and because she is developmentally disabled, there is usually no warning when something's about to happen, if you know what I mean.

My family was attending Mass at the Polynesian Luau Cove one year and things were fine. Everyone was standing at the time. All of a sudden we heard a sound like a bucket of water splashing on the table in front of us. We looked over and sis was, shall we say, recalling what she had to drink that morning.

The worst thing was there was a family standing in front of the table with a little boy about 6 or 7 years old, and he was a victim. Poor thing! My parents apologized and we booked out of there. Hopefully the boy wasn't scarred for life!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I just have to tell you that my 14 year old daughter and I just left our heads off for, like, 10 minutes ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I have a story similar to taleasoldastime except it was actually me.

We were staying at Saratoga Springs about 6 years ago. There were a total of 7 of us (kids, niece, etc). We were leaving to go to the parks one morning and when we came around the corner the elevator was at our floor open so the kids ran and caught it. Everyone got in and I was the last. I worked my way into the middle and the doors closed. Well I was like "Hey I could fart right now on the elevator and the kids would think it was hilarious." Well without looking around I ripped a good one but everyone just got big eyed and started looking at each other strangely but I finally just burst out laughing. Then my older son says "Ummm daddy there is someone else on the elevator right behind you!" I thought he was kidding but I turned around and there was this guy right behind me. There were so many of us, he just blended into the crowd on the elevator and I didn't notice him when I got on. I had just raised one leg and farted all over this dude like I did it on purpose or something. I turned bright red in embarrassment and apologized. The guy was pretty cool about it and started laughing a little and said it was ok we were all on vacation but you could tell that he would have preferred that it not been sprayed all over him. lol

As embarrassing as it was at the time, it made a memory we will never forget. The kids still bring it up on the way or when we get to WDW and they tell me "Now dad, don't be farting on other guests while we are here." Not exactly the perfect disney memory but it will be a lasting one.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, gosh, I hate to even mention this I was at Epcot watching illuminations, and I was really foot sore from all sorts of blisters. Plus it was really dark. So as I turned around to leave, I tripped on the edge of the curb and kind of flailed around and lurched sideways and grabbed onto a rail. As I was getting back on track, I heard this woman behind me say in a disgusted voice "And THAT'S why they shouldn't serve alcohol at Disney!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I just have to tell you that my 14 year old daughter and I just left our heads off for, like, 10 minutes ;-)
    Now THAT would be embarassing !

1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    My server was cool about it and the characters just walked up and rubbed their tummies to me, but it was a bit unusual to be a grown 35 year old man sitting alone at a character breakfast designed for very young children.
    I'm pretty sure I would've been holding my kids hands as we walked by your table.

My sorta embarassing moment came when I told Snow White where we were from. When she said she didn't know where Modesto, CA was, I began to tell her about the town. Unfortunately, the big story in the news at the time was Scott Peterson and his murder of his wife. By the time I was done, Snow White looked horrified. "We really don't like to talk about murder." My wife just busted up laughing at me. Still reminds me of it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Now THAT would be embarassing !

LOL - apparently I can't spell when typing on my new smart phone - darn you, Autocorrect! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I started telling my wife about this thread and told her I posted a story and she said "Oh my god you didn't post the fart in the elevator story did you?" She was so embarrassed when it happened, she wanted to dig a hole and bury herself in it.

Post Thanks / Like

There are many more for me, but I do remember a bird pooping all over me while we were waiting for the MK Christmas Parade to start. We had met friends there so they all got a good laugh at my expense.

Also, My son had one of the skating cows in the parade come over and give him a kiss, he was very embarassed.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

When my now DD15 was 1 year old she was sitting in my DW's lap at the American Adventure and pooped and apparently the diaper didn't do it's job. My wife had to walk the walk of shame to the restroom and sent me to get her a new shirt and pants......but that's not the embarassing part. I bought her the ugliest outfit in the history of Epcot. It was a purple shirt and purple shorts with sparkly "Epcot" written on them! Even now some Fifteen years later we still have issues over that day. Moral of the story is it would be better to wear clothing with poop on them than to send your husband to buy you an outfit in a theme park!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerinvestigator View Post
    When my now DD15 was 1 year old she was sitting in my DW's lap at the American Adventure and pooped and apparently the diaper didn't do it's job. My wife had to walk the walk of shame to the restroom and sent me to get her a new shirt and pants......but that's not the embarassing part. I bought her the ugliest outfit in the history of Epcot. It was a purple shirt and purple shorts with sparkly "Epcot" written on them! Even now some Fifteen years later we still have issues over that day. Moral of the story is it would be better to wear clothing with poop on them than to send your husband to buy you an outfit in a theme park!
    I got a good laugh out of your story. Purple outfit with sparkles......

Post Thanks / Like

At least it matched !!
    It was a purple shirt and purple shorts with sparkly "Epcot" written on them!

Post Thanks / Like

Happened to my sis when her DS(nephew) was about 4 or 5.She had put a baby leash on him while at MK and we were sitting down to wait on the 3 o'clock parade.He was trying to walk away from us but the leash brought him back every time.He finally yelled out.."Take this off of me...I am not a dog!!!" Everybody that heard started laughing and my sis turned a few shades of red.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep this thread going. 1DisneyNut made me giggle so badly reading his story I woke my husband up. It took me about 10 minutes to read the story to him through my tears of laughter. My cheeks hurt so badly! I hope I get to read more!
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GBBT View Post
    Happened to my sis when her DS(nephew) was about 4 or 5.She had put a baby leash on him while at MK and we were sitting down to wait on the 3 o'clock parade.He was trying to walk away from us but the leash brought him back every time.He finally yelled out.."Take this off of me...I am not a dog!!!" Everybody that heard started laughing and my sis turned a few shades of red.
    That is great this made me laugh for a while! Thanks for posting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: