Quantcast Disney College Program discounts? - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  

Go Back   INTERCOT Boards > Vacation Planning > Vacation Planning

Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Cast Member

Default Disney College Program discounts?

My DD18 just started the Disney College Program this week....does anyone know what discounts are available for family? Or how it works? Today is orientation for her job at Hollywood Studios! I'm just so excited to visit and see her working at Disney! She is trying to figure it out, but it might be too soon because today is her first day....She says I'm being too impatient to plan the trip, but I can't help it!
All Star Music - 2002
Polynesian - 2006
Coronado Springs - 2007
Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
Caribbean Beach - 2009
Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013
Disney Dream - 2013
Port Orleans French Quarter - 2014

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

First of all congrats to your daughter!

I remember researching this and so I am only posting what I remember which could be incorrect or have changed...but my understanding is between 40-60% off of Rooms, three people receiving free park entry up to 6 days. (Longer for Fall semester w/Christmas....I believe 7 days then.) Also food discounts I believe at about 50%. Not sure about store purchase discounts. Hope someone else can share.

My dd will be applying next year for summer. Can you share your DD's experience and on application to acceptance? That would be great. Hoping DD will be there for Summer 2013!!!!
Romans 11:33-36
1983, 1989 - Off Site
2003 - April ASMo
2004 - June POR
2005 - April POFQ
2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
2013 - March F&G POP
Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
2014 - Dec 16-23rd, CBR
Old 01-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Pretty close. Room discount is up to 50% off if the CM stays there, up to 40% off for just friends/family. At times, it can be up to 60%. For tickets- every CP gets a Maingate, which allows them to get up to 3 people in 6 different times (be aware that if you don't use all 3 people on one time, they do not carry over). Dining is usually 20% off, as is merchandise (during the Christmas holiday, it goes up to 40% off). For dining, it's only for FSFB, with certain QSFB (restrictions apply).

Just curious- where is she working?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM

....seems like everyone has given you the full scoop !! My DD did the plan last January....she absolutely loved it. I was never more happy than to help move her in at Disney versus moving her into her nasty college dorm.....Disney takes great care of our kids and she will have a blast !!!

IN GOD WE TRUST !!

STEELERS, SIX TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPS
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Cast Member

Thank you!

DD applied last Sept or Oct online. After they receive your application you do an internet interview then a phone interview (learn the Disney language and get on Disney College FB page). Then she waited about 30 days and received an email asking if she was still interested. She was accepted mid December and started Jan 25th. You pay $300 to accept which also goes toward 1st week or 2 rent for your apartment. Rent for her apt is $83 a pay (weekly). She is taking 2 engineering classes at Disney College (which do not transfer to her college) and also 6 credits online at her college . She flew down with SW with 3 suitcases, a duffle bag and backpack....$89 one way!

She is working in the stores on the left side of the street when you walk into Hollywood Studios. She has gotten one uniform so far and will probably receive 2 more depending on which stores she is scheduled to work. She also had to buy a pair of black sneakers and black flats to wear depending which uniform she wears. She has already had a tour of the tunnels under MK...she said it was soooo amazing for a Disney fanatic!

Does DD need to be with us to enter the parks using her tickets?
All Star Music - 2002
Polynesian - 2006
Coronado Springs - 2007
Caribbean Beach - 2009
Disney Dream - 2013
Old 01-30-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnutz View Post
DD applied last Sept or Oct online. After they receive your application you do an internet interview then a phone interview (learn the Disney language and get on Disney College FB page). Then she waited about 30 days and received an email asking if she was still interested. She was accepted mid December and started Jan 25th. You pay $300 to accept which also goes toward 1st week or 2 rent for your apartment. Rent for her apt is $83 a pay (weekly). She is taking 2 engineering classes at Disney College (which do not transfer to her college) and also 6 credits online at her college .

She is working in the stores on the left side of the street when you walk into Hollywood Studios. She has gotten one uniform so far and will probably receive 2 more depending on which stores she is scheduled to work. She also had to buy a pair of black sneakers and black flats to wear depending which uniform she wears. She has already had a tour of the tunnels under MK...she said it was soooo amazing for a Disney fanatic!

Thanks for sharing. It sounds so exciting for her. I do think she has to "let you in" to your park. But maybe someone else can confirm this.

Do you know if they offer internships for the summer months? Or does it just tend to follow the Fall/Winter semesters for colleges? How easily did your daughter's college work with her to get her semester off? You mentioned she is taking engineering classes..that is what my DD is planning to major in too. What college is she attending?
1983, 1989 - Off Site
2003 - April ASMo
2004 - June POR
2005 - April POFQ
2013 - March F&G POP
2014 - Dec 16-23rd, CBR
Old 01-30-2012, 11:10 PM

College Programs are for three months at a time.

Jan-March, Apr-June, Jul-Sept, Oct-December/early January

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
Next: Jan '16
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Senior Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post

Depends on the program. Mine was Aug-Jan. As for being in the park with DD, that's technically the rule (Mainly for liability reasons me thinks), but no one will fuss if you sit out a ride/do your own thing.

Many trips to the world!
Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot
Old 01-31-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Oh fun! My roomate on my last CP worked there. And yes, she will need to be there to get you in

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
Do you know if they offer internships for the summer months? Or does it just tend to follow the Fall/Winter semesters for colleges? How easily did your daughter's college work with her to get her semester off? You mentioned she is taking engineering classes..that is what my DD is planning to major in too. What college is she attending?
No unfortunately. The only summer program is for alumni (and they aren't even doing that this summer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post

Nope, that's wrong. The program lengths are Spring (Jan-May), Spring Advantage (Jan/Feb-Aug), Fall Advantage (May/June-early Jan), and Fall (Aug/Sept-early Jan). Sometimes there will also be the summer alumni program (May-Aug).
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
How easily did your daughter's college work with her to get her semester off? You mentioned she is taking engineering classes..that is what my DD is planning to major in too. What college is she attending?
She attends Penn State, University Park. She is a freshman in the Engineering program and planning to be an Industrial Engineer. She is getting 1 credit for Co-op and 6 credits for online classes which makes her part time for financial aid. PSU had no problem with the college program, Disney reps came to her school to promote the program. Disney also comes twice a year to recruit at their job fair.
All Star Music - 2002
Polynesian - 2006
Coronado Springs - 2007
Caribbean Beach - 2009
Disney Dream - 2013
Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
She attends Penn State, University Park. She is a freshman in the Engineering program and planning to be an Industrial Engineer. She is getting 1 credit for Co-op and 6 credits for online classes which makes her part time for financial aid. PSU had no problem with the college program, Disney reps came to her school to promote the program. Disney also comes twice a year to recruit at their job fair.
Thanks for info wdwnutz! I hope you share how your DD is doing and how she likes it. My DD is going for mechanical engineering, LOL.
1983, 1989 - Off Site
2003 - April ASMo
2004 - June POR
2005 - April POFQ
2013 - March F&G POP
2014 - Dec 16-23rd, CBR
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 AM
INTERCOT Guest

Default College program

Do you have to use the room discounts during their time in the college program or can you book it for after their program is complete? My son will be in the program Jan-May and I would like to book a trip for June. It would be great if we could book the room using his discount. He s majoring in Mechanical Engineering and wants to do a professional internship later.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCamp View Post
Do you have to use the room discounts during their time in the college program or can you book it for after their program is complete? My son will be in the program Jan-May and I would like to book a trip for June. It would be great if we could book the room using his discount. He s majoring in Mechanical Engineering and wants to do a professional internship later.
He needs to have a current ID to book the resort (so unless he is there seasonal, it won't be able to work after the program ends).

Share This Thread On Social Media: