Quantcast AKL Club Level - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
sheraton vistana resort
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
Strollers and Groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards INTERCOT Accommodations Forum Sponsor:
Sheraton Vistana Resort

Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Default AKL Club Level

I am trying to plan for Aug 2011 stay at AKL.

For those who have stayed on the club level at AKL, how was it?

Did you take the Sunrise or Sunset safari tours? How were they? Are there any age restrictions? My DD will be 11 on that trip.

Did you have the DDP or is it just too much food with the DDP? What are the offerings like?

Thanks
WDW Trips
7/05 All Star Movies
12/06 All Star Movies
12/10 ASMO/CBR
4/11 POFQ
8/11 OKW/AKL Kidani 1st DVC stay
SSR/AKL 8/13 AKL Jambo 12/13
Next: AKL Kidani 4/14 Vero Beach 5/14 & 6/14 Boardwalk 6/14

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Cast Member

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=173741

see first reply in this link for offerings.
Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights
Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 AM

Default AKL Concierge

Wife and I really enjoyed it. The Safari is really cool, got to get to bed early for this one though. The lounge is great, food of from JIKO and BOMA and there is plenty. My favorite was the lamb on a stick. We ate in the lounge the entire week end! Really! They give you water to take into the parks, juice, beer and awesome cordials and dessert each night. We loved the zebra domes. Spend the extra and do this at least once. Check in is with a private concierge upstairs in the lounge too. I can't wait to do it again. Register for the Safari at checkin, it fills up fast.

January - Villas at the Wildernes Lodge

March - Villas at the Grand Floridian
Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Senior Cast Member

Thumbs up Love AKL

I had the DDP during my club level stay at AKL. The food is really good in the lounge but, other than breakfast, it is just nibbles and not enough to replace lunch or dinner. The coffee machine is worth the price of the upgrade, if you don't partake in anything else.

It isn't in any of the club information but if you go during the day when there aren't adult beverages on display, you can knock softly on the door directly behind the counter and request whatever you like. I always tipped for this extra service, btw.

Zebra domes really are as good as everyone says. You can get them at Mara and in the club lounge so don't feel like you have to spring for dinner at Boma to experience their magic.

Boma is amazing for a late breakfast. The offerings are extensive and the price is more reasonable than dinner. Also dinner is loud and crowded; breakfast is a much nicer experience IMHO.

Jiko is good.
Saana is fantastic.
The Mara is great. They have EVERYTHING!

Beyond food and beverage, AKL has great bus transportation. I never waited more than a few minutes to go to or return from the parks.

The lodge seems to attract a mellow guest that doesn't feel the need to be right next to the parks to enjoy their vacation. I love the atmosphere and cannot imagine staying anywhere else at WDW. Have a great trip!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Senior Cast Member

Ditto on all the above. We stayed CL at AKL and loved it! Don with IPO was wonderful. We were in a standard club room on the 4th floor close to the main lobby. The lounge is on the 6th floor, but we didn't mind the walk. (There is a restroom right by the lounge-I guess other club lounges don't have one near by). We also had the dining plan and used the lounge mainly for breakfast. Normal continental fare. My kids love cold cereal so they were happy. We did not feel there was too much food. Most days we were in the parks during the times that other things were offered. Turn down service in your room is nice and housekeeping out did themselves. We are doing club level at WL this fall for the first time and hope it lives up to our experience at AKL.
2010 April - Dolphin
2010 Oct- BWI
2011 April - POR
2011 Oct - AKL
2012 April - Poly
2012 Oct - AKL & YC
2013 April - WL
2013 Oct - AKL
2014 Jan - CS
2014 April - YC & POR
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Senior Cast Member

Oh and we also did the sunrise safari and really enjoyed that. AK is DH favorite park and getting to spend extra time there was nice. We also really enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Pizzafari afterward that is apart of the sunrise safari.
2010 April - Dolphin
2010 Oct- BWI
2011 April - POR
2011 Oct - AKL
2012 April - Poly
2012 Oct - AKL & YC
2013 April - WL
2013 Oct - AKL
2014 Jan - CS
2014 April - YC & POR
Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Cast Member

We did the club level last year while on the dining plan. I think it would be tough to consider the offerings as meals but it was great for mornings and snacks if you're having late dinners like we do. It's also great to grab a pop or bottled water on your way in or out. We also did the Sunrise Safari which was amazing! As far as age, we were on the tour with kids who appeared to be younger than 11 so you should be fine. The whole experience was fantastic-I would highly recommend it
AKL Sept 2005
AKL Sept 2006
AKV Sept 2007
AKV Sept 2008
AKV Sept 2009
BLT Sept 2010
AKV Sept 2011
AKV (Kidani) Feb 2012 (Princess 1/2)
BLT Sept 2012 (TOT 10 MILE)
BLT May 2013
BWV Sept 2013 (TOT 10 MILE)
Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 PM

Thanks everyone.I'm convinced Now comes the hard part of how many nights to stay. I am thinking of 7 nights/8 days. Maybe 8 night/9 days. This is my big splurge trip. Back to ASMO or one of the mods after this one.

Is there an age restriction on the evening sunset safari?
WDW Trips
7/05 All Star Movies
12/06 All Star Movies
12/10 ASMO/CBR
4/11 POFQ
Old 08-13-2010, 08:14 PM

Default Booked it!!!! More questions

I just booked AKL CL today... Thanks Kathy at MJ.

How far in advance will they contact me as to ADR arrangements etc? This is my first club level stay and I don't know how it all works. Do they set up the sunrise safari or do I do that when we arrive?

I am just so excited
WDW Trips
7/05 All Star Movies
12/06 All Star Movies
12/10 ASMO/CBR
4/11 POFQ
Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
How far in advance will they contact me as to ADR arrangements etc? This is my first club level stay and I don't know how it all works. Do they set up the sunrise safari or do I do that when we arrive?
Should be around 90 days out. You can contact them sooner though if you want. Most of the correspondence is done via e-mail, which makes it pretty convenient. They'll take care of anything and everything for you (ADR's, safari, tours, spa appointments, cruises, entertainment, gift buying, etc). Some things do require a credit card on file, so you may need to call or fax them that information.

Enjoy the pampering .

Please visit our Sponsors
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 AM

If adr's need to be made 180 days out then wouldn't they need to contact you before that so they know what adr's to book for you?

When we stayed there club level adr's were being made at 90 days and they contacted us about a week before that and got our adr requests.

I also agree that Don is wonderful and always went out of his way to make our stay wonderful.

Yes the coffee machine is one of the best things about the resort!!!
nov. 2004-AKL
oct./nov. 2005-AKL
Dec. 2006 BC
April 2007 AKL
oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
Nov. 2009 CBR
May 2010 BW
Old 08-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerfreak View Post
If adr's need to be made 180 days out then wouldn't they need to contact you before that so they know what adr's to book for you?

When we stayed there club level adr's were being made at 90 days and they contacted us about a week before that and got our adr requests.

I also agree that Don is wonderful and always went out of his way to make our stay wonderful.

Yes the coffee machine is one of the best things about the resort!!!
I was wondering the samne thing too. Wouldn't it be 180 + 10 since I have a reservation numbeer?

For my December trip I didn't have a ressie number so I could only do my ADR's one day at a time, at the 180 day mark.

Thanks everyone for all your input
WDW Trips
7/05 All Star Movies
12/06 All Star Movies
12/10 ASMO/CBR
4/11 POFQ
Old 08-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

There are also reservations that can be made a year in advance, but the pre-planners don't contact you that early . Unfortunately, there has never really been consistency with when and how they get in touch with you. Kathy at MJ might actually get the ball rolling for you first though, so it's really not a concern (booking through MJ is a lot like getting pre-planning concierge assistance ).

I know many guests who choose to do ADR's on their own, even though they booked club level. There's really no advantage with having them book them all, other than convenience. They can't access the system earlier and if something is already booked, then it takes extra time to get back with you and figure out which day/time you'd like them to retry for.

If you'd like them to take care of everything for you, then as soon as you have your dining list together, just e-mail them. They'll keep it on file and when the booking window opens up, they'll see what they can get. A definite advantage is that if a restaurant you want is booked, they will keep checking for cancellations.

Please visit our Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media: