Quantcast EVC in Park rentals in October - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  
Old 05-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Senior Cast Member

Default EVC in Park rentals in October

A friend and I will be visiting WDW in late October. We are desperately trying to avoid getting a scooter from an outside vendor...we don't need it at the resort and don't want the bus hassle...period. Does anyone have information or experience about renting an EVC in the Parks during this time of year...specifically about running out of them during the course of a day. Let me know what you experienced. Many thanks.

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Cast Member

We rented an ECV for the first time this year for my brother, he also can walk for a very short distance and could navigate the resort without one. We rented from Apple Scooter, they were a wonderful company to work with and were considerably less pricey than the others like Walker. We paid $175. for 8 days( plus tax). They delivered to the resort and picked up as well. We didn't have any problems getting on or off the busses. While we were ther I checked at the parks ( April 16 -24) and they were frequently gone by the time we got there. In all fairness, we didn't get to the parks at the crack of dawn though, usually by 10 am.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Senior Cast Member

Remember that if you don't get to the parks at opening, you risk not getting an ECV and there is no reserving ECV's in advance.

You also might run into an issue if you are one who park hops. Even if you have an ECV in one park, if you hop over to another park, there is always the possibility that there won't be one there for you.

Without renting from off-site, you have to do some extra planning and then just hope for the best.

If it was me I would rent from an outside company. The buses and ECV's are not really as bed as people make it out to be.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Senior Cast Member

We need to refocus. October. Does anyone have experience with renting EVC's in the parks in the fall after all the kids are back in school? Many thanks.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Senior Cast Member

We have rented a couple of times in early October and around Columbus Day and really didn't have any problems getting them at the parks. The only place we did have a potential problem was at the Magic Kingdom later in the afternoon. They were going to put us on a waiting list and then call us in the park when one became available, even though there was one sitting right there. Long story short the cast members working the desk didn't communicate w/ each other and the chair sitting there really was available for us so problem averted.

A tip for you, if you had a chair at the park early in the day and are going to your resort and then coming back to the same park, they will put your name on it and hold it for you. I don't know if this is an official policy, but the cast members did it for us twice at EPCOT. We didn't even ask, they inquired when we turned it in. That made our day!

We are in the same situation - my Mom doesn't need one at the resorts and trying to navigate it onto the bus would stress her out. This year we are staying at the Contemporary and plan to spend most of our time between the MK and EPCOT so we might rent from an outside company and wing it w/ a manual chair at the other parks. The monorail is easier to deal w/ than the bus. Good luck - PM me if you have any other questions.
Yacht Club (8 times)
Beach Club (8 times)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
Caribbean Beach (3 times)
Dixie Landings (1 time)
Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Senior Cast Member

Many thanks for your thoughtful reply.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Tags
evc rental