Good things about Oceanport -
- Ranked #4 best town to live in New Jersey Monthly Magazine (2008).
- Minutes to the beach and various boardwalks. I don't do the beach (pale complexion), but I love the boardwalks. I go to Long Branch for convenience and Spring Lake for preference - it's a great boardwalk on which to run.
- Everything is nearby (movies, shopping, cars, restaurants, hospitals).
- Train to NYC is two miles away.
- Good schools.
Bad things about Oceanport -
- Everything is more expensive than in Ohio - lots of NYC train commuters and their higher salaries.
- Summertime traffic congestion due to the beach and the racetrack (Monmouth Park). It's normally a congested area, but on the weekends in the summer it gets bad.
- Oceanport has no real downtown area, just a strip mall, but not a dingy one or anything.
BTW - I'm originally from Philadelphia and the surounding suburbs, but I've lived in the Oceanport area for the past 15 years.
Mom of Jay and Sam
'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
mantengase alejado de las puertas'
CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
BLT - Nov 11
Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
Next - Jersey Week 2013 Baby!