Quantcast World Showcase tour

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default World Showcase tour

I'd like to visit all the countries, stopping for lunch in one and dinner in another.
    How long does it typically take to make the whole loop, at a leisurely pace, with 3 kids, stopping at the KidCot stations and visiting the attractions in each country.
    The kids say they want lunch in Mexico and dinner in China, but those countries are so close together, I think I should pick a country on the other side for one of the meals so I don't have to backtrack.
    Any ideas?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you've set what could be a rather difficult task for yourself. So, let's begin...you have eleven countries and 10 hours (unless you go on an evening EMH day). This provides you with 55 minutes per attraction (not counting travel between countries and time for lunch and dinner). The question is how thoroughly do you want to "tour" each country? If you absolutely want to visit all of them you are not going to be able to take the "leisurely" tour you want nor will you enjoy the full impact of all the countries have to offer your family. There are at least five major shows and rides and many smaller street entertainments all on different time schedules that may cause delays while waiting for them to begin. Are you shoppers? Takes time to go through the shops, of which there are many! KidCot alone should take 15-20 minutes each, at a minimum. Do you want to take time to explore the "nooks and crannies" such as the English gardens in Great Britain, the back ally exhibits in Morrocco and the Japanese gardens? As far as your dining plans, they are doable. Start with lunch in Mexico and tour counter clock-wise around the WS ending up with China.

My best advice to you is start where you wish and then tour "leisurely", seeing the shows, riding the rides plus, shopping a little and exploring all the "nooks and crannies". Also, leave a little time for stopping for a rest in a quiet garden to discuss the events of the day with your family. Your time together, thoroughly enjoying this special "world", creates precious memories. Implant them in your memories, don't hurry and leave them as a blur where no one can remember where they were or what they did. You won't complete all the countries but, what better reason for planning a return trip than to visit the rest of the world.

Good luck and take time to smell the roses, you'll be happy you did!
    10/2007 YC (IF&WF)
    12/2008 YC (Christmas)
    11/2009 YC (50th Wedding Anniv)
    10/2010 YC (Wine, glorious wine!)
    10/2011 YC (Wine, more glorious wine!)
    11/2012 YC (And yet, more glorious wine!)
    05/2013 YC (Flower & Garden, wine too!)
    11/2014 YC (55th Wedding Anniv family trip)

Post Thanks / Like

There never seems to be enough time for World Showcase. I always take in as much of the live shows as possible. That's the main attraction. I would hit future world early, ride Soarin, MissionSpace, and SSE. Then hit WS for the rest of the day. That's livin' my friend.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with both posters. We normally go to Epcot at least twice to do WS. It takes a lot of time to shop, wander the various countries exhibits, talk to the intl CMs, do KidCot, see the shows, ride the rides, watch the entertainment and forget about it if anyone is into EC's! But its worth it to keep going back and seeing what you missed the day before. Just the time I spend wandering through Chinas market, getting a Moroccan henna tattoo, riding in Mexico, smelling the perfumes in France, looking at glass & Hummels in Germany, watching the WS Players alone takes ALOT of time! And thats barely the tip of the iceberg! Dont get me wrong we wander around the WS itself in a day but to truly see and experience all it has to offer you need a couple.

Have fun!!
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

You can spend all day in WS if you want. I would try to time things so you can also see Illuminations; I absolutely love that show. But you'll have to be there until the end of the day.
    1975 - Contemporary
    1988 - Offsite
    1992 - Caribbean Beach
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside (aka DL)
    Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs
    Aug 2007 (1 day @ MGM)
    Sep 2007 (1 day @ EPCOT)
    Jan 2011 - Old Key West
    Jan 2013 - Pop Century
    Oct 2014 - All-Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I would say to take one entire park day to do World Showcase, and then take one entire park day to do all of Future World.
    If you have the blessing of lots of time, I would then take another entire park day doing my favorite places in both sections.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: