Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I will not be looking the particular gift horse in the mouth - given just how bad the coffee at the parks typically is, I for one welcome our new caffeinated overlords!

Seriously though, the frosty beverages are certainly a great idea to have around. Disney on their own doesn't seem to get it together all that well. Bux coffee is certainly better than Nescafe, too, despite it still being bad.
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to mention, everyone says Starbucks is ridiculously expensive. True...if you buy one of the fancy drinks, hot or cold. If you're like me, and you either have your coffee black, or with a little cinnamon and splenda, it's not expensive. around $1.50 for a tall. That's about the same as McDonalds or DD.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea and should be expanded; why not bring more chain places into the fold?

The Mexico, Italy, China & Germany pavilions at Epcot would be better with an On The Border, Olive Garden, Panda Express & Weinerschnitzel. The theming at the resorts is a little unnecessary as well; Motel 6, Comfort Inn & Travel lodge would do just as well in place of All Star Sports, Music & Movies. Why keep Pirates of the Caribbean unique? Just get one of those generic pirate ship swing rides that you see at every single fair and amusement park the world over.

Now that I think about it, the main street emporium could function more efficiently if it was a WalMart, and since WalMart is just as popular as Starbucks, I doubt anybody would have a problem with it.
    4/88 - Offsite3/97 - Treehouse Villas7/98 - Dixie Landings10/02-7/03 - Orlando Resident10/22 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    Nah, guests will be able to pre-order their triple shot half caf while waiting in line at Splash Mountain via the new X-Pass!!
    I like this idea think I will just pre-order as soon as I walk in the park entrance.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I read this yesterday and squealed, legitemately squealed out loud!!! I'm so excited, I don't nessicarily love starbucks but I love strong coffee and nescafe stuff is soooooo nasty!! I'm a self admitted cafeine addict and now I won't have to drink cokes every morning to get my wakeup fix!!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Well, definitely add me to the group that is a bit taken aback by outrage and hatred for Starbucks. I long ago resigned myself to the fact that the big overpriced chain was making its dent across America (Although, I thought they had been downsizing lately?).

While I do find it more expensive for my tastes, I don't think it tastes awful. I think it tastes like coffee. I also drink Dunkin Donuts, Wawa, and the slop they brew at my school that comes from a can that may or may not have been bought at the local $1 store... guess what... they are ALL better than NesCafe! As has been mentioned, there is plenty of other brand presence throughout the parks. Heck, it wasn't too long ago that McDonald's was selling their fries in the parks! Granted, it wasn't a whole McD's restaurant, but I'm going to trust that WDW will tie SBux in gracefully. People complain about the coffee, then they partner with the most popular national chain, and people still complain about the coffee. Sometimes you just can't win! (And for those who don't like their straight up coffee, there are plenty of other things to try, I'm sure you'll find something to beat NesCafe. I myself prefer a non fat french vanilla latte).
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a loyal fan but when I need a shot on the go I'll drop by a Starbucks. It's mass produced on a tremendous scale and "push button," but it's far and away better than the current Nes-****-e offerings.

I, for one, am happy to hear about this.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    This is a great idea and should be expanded; why not bring more chain places into the fold?

The Mexico, Italy, China & Germany pavilions at Epcot would be better with an On The Border, Olive Garden, Panda Express & Weinerschnitzel. The theming at the resorts is a little unnecessary as well; Motel 6, Comfort Inn & Travel lodge would do just as well in place of All Star Sports, Music & Movies. Why keep Pirates of the Caribbean unique? Just get one of those generic pirate ship swing rides that you see at every single fair and amusement park the world over.

Now that I think about it, the main street emporium could function more efficiently if it was a WalMart, and since WalMart is just as popular as Starbucks, I doubt anybody would have a problem with it.
    Shhhhh! Don't be giving them any ideas.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    So, I notice the Disney Blog post says the Starbucks locations will fit in with the theming of the area, and will also feature Disney favorites, like sandwiches and such. So, instead of arguing over whether or not Starbucks sells decent coffee, we should be wildly speculating as the locations of these shops.
    MK - I sincerely hope it does not replace Main St. Bakery. It would, however, fit nicely in Liberty Square, down in the old Nestle counter service.
    EPCOT - As much as I would love to hear that Disney has partnered with Starbucks and James Cameron to convert Wonders of Life into a Starbucks themed land, I imagine the Fountian Espresso location will be taken over.
    DHS - Buy the Book, I guess. There is no way they'll convert Starring Rolls....is there?
    AK - ??? - Perhaps they will completely remove the Yeti from Everest, and put him behind the counter of the Anandapur Starbucks.
    Toooo funny! Thanks for the chuckle...Another un-official site with an article about this mentions that the dining plan will be accepted, and the Nescafe stuff will still be aval.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

that will be awesome! that Starbucks be nice in EPCOT!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it amazing that no matter what Disney does, it's "fans" always gripe. I swear they could announce that they were handing out money at the gates and people would complain that the crowds would ruin WDW.
    I'm happy to hear about Starbuck's, but if I weren't, I wouldn''t imagine it being the end of WDW or a betrayal of Walt. Sheesh..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    As a loyal starbucks lover (both black coffee and mixed drinks, I know not of this burnt flavor that everyone is complaining about) I'm all for this.
    I also have never tasted the burnt coffee flavor. Do love the coffee though
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow such debate over coffee.
    i drink mostly tea and trying to get a decent cuppa anywhere is hard enough. Trust me every tea drinkers definition of of a decent cuppa will be different.

But i'm pleased Starbucks is coming. if you like it great and if you don't you don't have to go in there. Other coffees are available.

I just no that whilst my sister is getting her grande triple shot skinny latte, i'll be having one more go on mission space
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    I agree with Joonyer...shhhhh...remember that for many people the mere potential for a merging of disney and walmart would cause more distress than the Mayan calendar.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jeniflower;2261012
    I just no that whilst my sister is getting her grande triple shot skinny latte, i'll be having one more go on mission space[/QUOTE]
    and I shall be eating the blueberry muffin that you asked me to get you
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is great news! Unfortunately I won't be truly celebrating until they get real coffee at the resorts too. I need good coffee BEFORE I hit the parks. I rarely have any coffee in the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Figment View Post
    Isn't it amazing that no matter what Disney does, it's "fans" always gripe. I swear they could announce that they were handing out money at the gates and people would complain that the crowds would ruin WDW.
    I'm happy to hear about Starbuck's, but if I weren't, I wouldn''t imagine it being the end of WDW or a betrayal of Walt. Sheesh..

I loved the way you put fans in ""!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not so bad...

I too was pleased to hear that Disney had decided to put something out there better than Nescafe...

and surprised that people were still grumbling.

After all, it is a step in the right direction after all... yes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I'm not a coffee drinker, but if it keeps more people in line waiting for coffee, and takes them out of the attraction lines, I'm all for it.
    I'm going to give this a gigantic

Wait... wife drinks coffee...
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Finally!! Every trip DH and I comment on how we'd love a Starbucks on property.

So excited !!
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: