Quantcast WDW Survey on New Ideas for Guests

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Survey on New Ideas for Guests

I just completed an online survey that was sent to me from Your2CentsSurvey.com on vacation destinations. The survey ended up being about Walt Disney World. It asked various questions about why and how often I go. But the most interesting part was a section they had on new ideas that WDW is considering for their guests. It asked which ideas I liked the most and which I liked the least. I cut and past these questions so I could post them here. Some of these have been mentioned before. Again, these are just ideas WDW is considering and wanted opinions on.

Here they are:

- Three new rides, shows, or attractions at the MagicKingdom.

-
    On certain days during the week, Walt Disney World theme parks would limit the number of guests entering to allow for a more exclusive experience. (Tickets would cost significantly more.)

-
    Guaranteed discounted price for round-trip flight when you book your Walt Disney World vacation six months in advance.

-
    50% off Walt Disney World theme park tickets during select times of the year.
    (Typically non-holiday, non-school vacation periods.)

-
    “VIP” treatment available at an extra cost.
    (e.g., front-of-the-line access at rides, personal concierge, private poolside cabana, complimentary snacks/drinks in an air-conditioned suite in the theme parks, etc.)

-
    Free Dine Plan for your entire party when you stay in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
    (1 table-service meal, 1 quick-service meal, and 1 snack, per person, for every night of your stay.)

-
    A guaranteed maximum 20-minute wait time on up to five preselected rides/attractions for each day you spend in the Walt Disney World theme parks.

-
    Lines for the rides are transformed into unique entertainment experiences using state-of-the-art technology and Disney magic.

-
    Kid’s programming (arts, crafts, activities, etc.) at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel to give parents/adults time to themselves. (An hourly fee would apply.)

-
    A guaranteed maximum 20-minute wait time on up to five preselected rides/attractions for each day you spend in the Walt Disney World theme parks.

-
    Up to four hours per day of free baby-sitting services for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for the "VIP" Experience!!!

Thanks for the info.
    Polynesian and Wonder 3/14-3/23

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting survey. Here is how I would answer the survey:

-Three new attractions in MK: Sounds like a really good idea.

-Limited # of guest as MK on certain nights: They are seem to offer quite of bit of this already with the P&P Parties, MHSSHP & the Christmas parties. Supposedly these are already limited to a certain # of guests but no one really knows many. I might not be for this idea unless they come up with a new theme and really knew how "exclusive" it really is and how much this "exclusivity" is going to cost.

-Guaranteed low-price airfare: If you book six months out for a trip then you have six months to find your own airfare deal. Plus I live in Philadelphia which has both AirTran and SW flying to Orlando. They keep the fares in our market very competive. I would have my doubts on being able to save a significant amount of money on this idea.

-50% discount on tickets: Sounds like a good idea and a good way to get a deal. This wouldn't be a better deal than the offers Disney puts out during these periods (40% off rooms or Free Dining). If you could combine it one of those deals then I am all for it or if it would be the only kind of deal offered I would take what could get.

-VIP treatment: Probably would be out of my price anyway.

-Free Dining: Would love it! Esp if they would put the tip back in and offer during other times of year besides Aug/Sept.

-No longer than a 20 min wait: Using FastPass I don't think I have ever waited that long to get on a ride.

-Entertainment in line: What they did in the queue for Soarin' was really neat. Would love to see more of it.

-Kids programing at resorts: It would very convinent for parents to have these at their own resorts instead of just the few that have them now.

-Free babysitting: Proably not. Nothing is ever free. They would increase the cost of something else to pay for it. They offer this service plus the kids centers already for those want to use it. I think it is fine how it is (besides putting the kid centers at all of the resorts).
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

i would so buy a vip plan! and the 20 min wait on certain attractions sounds awesome too!
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I think:

- Three new rides, shows, or attractions at the MagicKingdom: Sure, sounds great!

- On certain days during the week, Walt Disney World theme parks would limit the number of guests entering to allow for a more exclusive experience. (Tickets would cost significantly more: I think they already do this with the hard ticket parties and EMH.

- Guaranteed discounted price for round-trip flight when you book your Walt Disney World vacation six months in advance. : Sounds like a great idea since this is the sticking point for many people.

- 50% off Walt Disney World theme park tickets during select times of the year.
    (Typically non-holiday, non-school vacation periods.)
    : Great although it would not affect me since I travel prime time but great for everyone else! Maybe they could offer a ticket discount for teachers who have to travel prime time.

- “VIP” treatment available at an extra cost.
    (e.g., front-of-the-line access at rides, personal concierge, private poolside cabana, complimentary snacks/drinks in an air-conditioned suite in the theme parks, etc.)
    : Nope. I think one of the things that is great about WDW is that everyone feels like a VIP. Well, if you want a personal concierge that's okay.

- Free Dine Plan for your entire party when you stay in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
    (1 table-service meal, 1 quick-service meal, and 1 snack, per person, for every night of your stay.)
    : Great.......aren't they already doing this? Yes, I know they are.

- A guaranteed maximum 20-minute wait time on up to five preselected rides/attractions for each day you spend in the Walt Disney World theme parks.
    : Nah, too much trouble. What will they do for anyone who waits 21 minutes?

- Lines for the rides are transformed into unique entertainment experiences using state-of-the-art technology and Disney magic.
    : They do a pretty good job with this already.

- Kid’s programming (arts, crafts, activities, etc.) at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel to give parents/adults time to themselves. (An hourly fee would apply.) : Great!

- Up to four hours per day of free baby-sitting services for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests.: Maybe a child care area near some of the fancier restaurants to encourage adult dining with fun stuff for the kids. That would be a good idea in my opinion.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

While most of these ideas have valid merits, I don't see anything happening for "free". If they offered anything for "free" I'm sure we'll see a hefty jack in price for rooms, tickets or both.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    While most of these ideas have valid merits, I don't see anything happening for "free". If they offered anything for "free" I'm sure we'll see a hefty jack in price for rooms, tickets or both.
    I agree. There's an old saying, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

I wasn't to keen on the "free" Dine Plan for hotel guests. It would make getting ADRs impossible. Especially if you want to take a quick, unplanned trip. Which we sometimes do. When I took the survey, I marked this one as the least appealing to me for this very reason.

I didn't like the 50% off park admission idea either. The parks would be filled to capacity on those days.

I did like the VIP idea. I think we would try it if they had it. Not for the front-of-the-line access though. But for the other amenities.

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to Disney promotions I'd like to see them to something with the Disney Visa other than just the Meet and Greet.

I wonder if the free DDP would be all year?
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Share This Thread On Social Media: