Quantcast Walt Disney World Announces Summer 2016 Grand Opening Line-Up

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Walt Disney World Announces Summer 2016 Grand Opening Line-Up

The Walt Disney World resort has made a formal announcement detailing the entertainment and attraction Grand Openings for the Summer 2016.

Although several dates were already internally announced, the full line-up has now been publicly confirmed with exact dates:

Disney’s Animal Kingdom will debut several exciting new guest offerings starting Friday, May 27. The Tree of Life will begin its nighttime awakenings after the sun goes down each evening. But as the sun sets the fun will heat up on Discovery Island, where two new parties – Harambe Wildlife Parti and Discovery Island Carnivale – will add fun, music and entertainment to the night. And the park will also begin extending its operating hours into the evening to allow guests to experience their favorite Disney’s Animal Kingdom attractions, like Kilimanjaro Safaris and Expedition Everest, in a whole new light. Two new F&B locations, Tiffins restaurant and Nomad Lounge, will also open their doors for business. (Make your attraction plans now in the My Disney Experience App. Reservations for Tiffins will open Saturday, May 21).

On Saturday, May 28, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will debut the new “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” water show, which will retell the tale of Baloo and Mowgli on Discovery River each night. FastPass+ will be available for the show and can be booked through the My Disney Experience app starting Saturday, May 21.

And even more summer fun is on the way to the Walt Disney World Resort in June. Magic Kingdom Park will debut a brand-new stage show called “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” on June 17. In it, Mickey and his band of Merry Makers are preparing to host a joyous festival and bring friends Tiana, Naveen and Louis (from “Princess and the Frog”); Rapunzel and Flynn (from “Tangled”); and Olaf, Anna and Elsa (from “Frozen”); to the Castle Forecourt Stage to join in on the celebration.

On June 17, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will make theme park history when it launches the most elaborate nighttime spectacular the park has ever seen with the new “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show. This new nightly show will combine fireworks and pyrotechnics with video projections that will turn the surrounding buildings into familiar Star Wars destinations. The show will end with a tower of fire and spotlight beams that create massive lightsabers in the sky. Showtimes will appear in the My Disney Experience app as soon as they are available.

And don’t forget, beginning Memorial Day weekend, even more guests will be able to experience Toy Story Mania with the addition of a third track.

Epcot will welcome Soarin’ Around the World on June 17. A new version of the popular attraction located in The Land pavilion will debut to take guests on a journey to far-flung lands, over some of the world’s most unique natural landscapes and man-made wonders. Guests can begin reserving this FastPass+ attraction in the My Disney Experience app beginning Saturday, May 21. New “Frozen” experiences will open their doors on June 21, including Frozen Ever After, the first attraction inspired by the film, as well as Royal Sommerhus, an Anna and Elsa greeting area.

FastPass+ will be available for Frozen Ever After. Guests can begin booking FastPass+ for this experience on Saturday, May 21.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of good things happening this summer.

Now, I need to figure out a new AK plan!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We are Going to miss the Frozen Opening by a few days, but we just got fast pass for old Soarin over California Movie 6/15, Fast Pass for new Soarin Around the World Movie on 6/17, and fast Pass the Jungle Book Alive with Magic. We will also get to see the New Star Wars Fireworks show.

Not looking forward to all the construction walls but definitely looking forward to all the new attractions that are opening this summer!!

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info.! Just wondering if AK's Jungle Book Alive/River of Lights show will continue after the summer? On the Disney World site, it isn't shown after Labor Day

Post Thanks / Like

I find it very difficult to believe the show won't continue - it's been a major undertaking to build seating and install all this technology. It seems to be something they plan to run for a long time - at least I hope so. I'm wondering how long "Jungle Book" will be the theme and when the originally planned River Of Lights show will take over!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the other micki View Post
    Thanks for this info.! Just wondering if AK's Jungle Book Alive/River of Lights show will continue after the summer? On the Disney World site, it isn't shown after Labor Day
    From the reviews on the net, sounds like it might not even make it until Labor Day. Seems a stink bug may have escaped from the Tree of Life and stowed away on one of the barges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the other micki
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin
    I find it very difficult to believe the show won't continue - it's been a major undertaking to build seating and install all this technology. It seems to be something they plan to run for a long time - at least I hope so. I'm wondering how long "Jungle Book" will be the theme and when the originally planned River Of Lights show will take over!
    Rivers of Light was announced to debut after the "Summer" run of The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic.

It appears the debut of Rivers of Light will be announced (again) later this Summer.

Since the Summer rush was missed, it appears the Thanksgiving or Christmas Crowds would be the next key time to hit; but I am sure many of the Fall visitors (myself included) are hoping for a debut shortly after Labor Day.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I think what turns me off about the Jungle Book show is that it's well, the Jungle Book. I don't have anything really against the Jungle Book, but for a big 'nighttime spectacular' as this is being billed, I prefer something a little more broad (which I'm sure Rivers of Light will be.)

And yes, I'm seeing more negative than positive about this show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    ...............but I am sure many of the Fall visitors (myself included) are hoping for a debut shortly after Labor Day.
    Us too. Hoping it and other AK evening activities are running in mid-October.

best,

.................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: