Quantcast Brazilian Tour groups - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I did notice last week that Disney was gearing up for the groups. I saw several CM's at all of the parks dressed in green polo shirts with the Brazil flag on it. I asked one if this had anything to do with the rumor that Brazil will be the next world showcase pavilion. The cm stated that they were there for the "invasion". Looks like Disney is trying to make the tour season uneventful.
    1989 - Poly
    1990 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2000 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter

C - completely
    U - useless
    B - by
    S - September

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

February 2011 the cheerleaders took over cbr for a good week. Steer clear. Just trust me. It was awful.
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the first full week in June and was at DHS on Tuesday, June 7. I saw 6 or 7 groups. We didn't really have any problems with any of them. They didn't seem to stay together for rides and things. The only complaint was it sure did make the streets very crowded. On another point, we went to MK on Wednesday and Epcot on Friday and didn't notice any of the tours.

Post Thanks / Like

I take it none of us will be attending the olympics when they're held in Rio?????????
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, thank you for starting this thread! I have been wondering about this too and always forget to ask. We were there the last week of Jan./ first week of Feb. 2010. They were all over singing and chanting. I can't say that we had any bad experiences other than getting behind them and not being able to hear sometimes. But, for the most part, they were well behaved. I just kept thinking how much lighter the lines would have been without them there.

On the other hand, they are spending money in the US and it helps Disney. And what helps Disney, helps us. I'm pretty much on the fence about the whole thing but I'm definitely thankful for all the advice I've seen here so that we can take that into consideration when planning future trips.

Thanks Everyone!
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I really think about it the only times I've seen the groups is at MK and HS. I've never seen them at Epcot or AK. I guess when we went to one park they went to another or something. I'm going in 7 days and I hope there will be no problem with them but I a doubt that.
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Oh Gosh, at first I decided I would not say a word this time, but i cannot stand these posts full of prejudice... This is so sad!
    Brazilians love Disney, yes, and Disney itself always send representatives to Brazil to keep Brazilians being one of the top nations that bring more money there.
    There are lots of wonderful things to discuss here about WDW.
    I am aware that there are sometimes problems with the behaviour of specialy the teens, but its not only Brazilians (I'm sure about that! I've been to WDW lots of times and I've seen many awful things being done by americans themselves).
    Let's please stop being so disrespectful with other cultures.
    Alisson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alissantos View Post
    Oh Gosh, at first I decided I would not say a word this time, but i cannot stand these posts full of prejudice... This is so sad!
    Brazilians love Disney, yes, and Disney itself always send representatives to Brazil to keep Brazilians being one of the top nations that bring more money there.
    There are lots of wonderful things to discuss here about WDW.
    I am aware that there are sometimes problems with the behaviour of specialy the teens, but its not only Brazilians (I'm sure about that! I've been to WDW lots of times and I've seen many awful things being done by americans themselves).
    Very well said!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually , when we were there in January 2010 we had absolutely no problems whatsoever with the tour groups (I've actually seen worse behavior from American adults there with the kids during Pop Warner week....I'm talking to you, Guy Who Smoked Through the EE Queue.)

However...I'm worried about my sleep! I worry about my sleep every time there's a huge group of teenagers running about largely unchaperoned, Brazilian or no. Which is why I wanna know if it's safe to stay at my beloved POP during January. Not because of culture, but because I'm old and need sleep. (okay I'm 36, but after a day at the park I feel a good 96.)
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alissantos View Post
    For the most part, I don't think anyone is being disrespectful of another culture. There are some cultural issues, yes, especially the line-breaking issue which can be a problem (though not usually a huge one). I think the problem most folks have with these groups is:
    1.) They travel in large packs which can fill up a ride queue in a hurry or take a lot of fastpasses at one time
    2.) The tend to be loud and chant a lot as a group which can be disturbing to others.

Now, that said, I've experienced those exact same problems being present when the cheerleading & dance team competitions were being held, during Pop Warner, and during Magic Music Days, and basically any other large group of teenagers that descend on WDW throughout the year. I have no problems with individuals (at least no more with one group than another. Every group has their jerks). And, as far as the international guests - I love it. I love getting to talk with them, learn, and share the experience with them. So for me, the whole issue is simply at some times these huge roaming packs can really gum up the works and make it difficult to enjoy the experience. That has nothing to do with their culture, just the size of their group and the volume level of some of their chants.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your point about the large groups and noise, but it's WDW, right?
    Brazil is a country in great development and people are traveling abroad like never before.
    I think we have to overthink before saying things, because sometimes even though we don't think we are being disrespectful, we SOUND disrespetcful and, as a Brazilian, it is awful to keep hearing these sort of things.
    So, we can be a little more careful about this kind of things and discuss more the wonderful things about our world of magic.
    That's my opinion.
    Alisson

Post Thanks / Like

ITA-tour groups in general can be irritating, but then again, WDW is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world!

I get uncomfortable when certain groups are singled out by ethnicity or culture, when really, IMO, it's about the size of the group, not the make-up of the group.

Tess

poly07

poly08
    pop09
    popChristmas09
    contemporaryJune10
    wlOctober10
    wlChristmas10
    polyMay11
    wlOctober11
    bcJune12
    dreamThanksgiving12
    bcJune13

Post Thanks / Like

I for one love to see the foreign tourists at WDW. We all come from different cultures so we do need to respect one another. Seems like the problem is the age group and you cannot single out one culture for that. The kids are on vacation and excited about it - have a little patience. I've been there many times in July and it's not that big an issue. I've had the same problems at our local mall.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I went to WDW last October and one particular Brazilian group was EVERYWHERE!! It must've been a music group because certain kids always had a tamborine! While standing in line for BTMR they played it constantly while other kids jumped in and out of line. Where are the castmembers when we need them?
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

They don't bother me. I just steer clear. And the chanting doesn't bother me either. They're just excited to be there. (Actually, sometimes I think we Americans are so buttoned-down, cluck-cluck-ish that we could stand a little ruckus now and then.)

As far as line-jumping, hopefully if the CMs are preparing themselves, they can take care of the situation when it happens.

Alissantos, as others have said, I think you would see the same complaints about any large, vocal teen groups that come to WDW at the same time. People don't mean to be disrespectful to Brazilians in particular. If chanting Genovian teens traveled in large groups with a flag leader, believe me, there would be posts about Genovian teens.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the responsibility lies with the adults in charge of the party. If the kids are made to understand how annoying queue jumpimg and chanting are to others, and if the group leaders made some attempt to stop them, instead of ignoring it or even joining in, I think the kids would be more cooperative.
    I have taken parties of teens to DL Paris, they understood the need to behave themselves, and we had no problems. We didnt make them travel about as a large group, I think it must be awful to have to go on rides you are scared of or into stores you are not interested in, most of our pupils toured with 2 or 3 like minded friends, some staying with me by choice for all or part of the day, because they said I was a Fastpass and WDW expert. They mostly loved discovering things on their own, then meeting up with others to swap stories and advice on the best rides.
    Our pupils spoke no more French than the Brazilians speak English, but they manged fine, and anyway, as others have said, the problems with tour groups are not confined to none US parties.

Post Thanks / Like

I live and work in Edinburgh and used to work in the Museums and the Scottish Parliament. We used to have really big problems with tour groups but it was never just confined to groups from one country. No matter what country they are from when bigs groups get together they can cause problems (even when they don't mean too).
    What helps is staff in the places they are visiting and the people in charge of the group working together to make sure that everyone knows the rules and what kind of behaviour is not acceptable. This works for the majority of groups.
    Of course there are always those who will misbehave no matter what. When I worked in the parliament we had one group of Italian students try to steal the bolted down seats in the debate chamber. Turns out they had been banned from the airline they flew in on for stealing the life jackets under the seats. The group leaders just couldn't handle them all.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

we just got back from a 2 week trip and there were A LOT of tour groups. We saw all 20 kids get on the single rider line for Test Track and made the wait go from 10 to 30 min. All we did was when we saw a large group of brightly colored shirts go one way we went the other. No problems though, not really a big deal.
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Groups in general are a pain. People act differently in groups. The infamous BTG are the flagship group in these discussions, and there is nothing wrong with planning your trip around them. It's not a culture condemnation - they're just obnoxious. Call it like it is. On the other hand, we've succumbed to the various sports/cheerleading teams at AS Sports. They are awful also (mixed bag of ethnicity there, so can't be charged with racism on that comment). The 'chaperones' were hangin' at Team Spirits while these brats had the run of the place.
    Last edited by Dixie Springs; 07-07-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing where the big groups are helps us navigate the parks better. Several groups in Fantasyland? Time to hit Tomorrowland.

We've never had a bad experience with the tour groups that we haven't had with anyone else (teens running and nearly knocking over my kid, etc.). BUT, we had a magical experience in line for Jungle Cruise. My wife and three year old son were in the FP line, and a tour group was in the standby line. My son has very blonde hair. When one of the girls in the group noticed it she practically squeeled and rubbed his head. Then the other 15 girls with her all squeeled and rubbed his head. He felt like a rock star. They were so sweet to him.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: