Quantcast How mandy days for DL and CA?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How mandy days for DL and CA?

Going to San Diego and Disneyland in late Sept/early Oct. I have only been to DL once and that was in 1997 so before CA. DH has only been to DL once as well in 1996. We have never been together. We enjoy WDW almost annually and do the parks for 6 days.

This is my idea, drive from San Diego up to Anaheim on a Tuesday. Spend all day Weds-Fri at the parks. Is that enough time? Getting a 3 day hopper. My other option is that Tuesday night there is the Halloween Party so wondering if I should add that on for extra time.

However, we really want to stop at Queen Mary on Tuesday so if we did the Halloween Party we'd probably go right from San Diego to Disney (so we have time to stop for lunch) and do the Halloween Party, then maybe one afternoon leave Disney and do the Queen Mary.

Thoughts? We do not have kids, just us two. We enjoy the shows and also ridding the bigger rides multiple times.

Thanks!
    Nicole

Next up - Shades of Green (Feb 2014) and AK Jambo House ( Sept 2014)
    Stayed at: CB, POP, PO-R, FW Cabins and DL Hotel

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how I would probably do it. I'd do the Queen Mary on the way from San Diego to Anaheim to give myself an uninterrupted visit at the Disneyland Resort.

But that's just me and either plan will, of course, work. If Mickey's Halloween Party is important to you, then I guess your other plan of action will have to come in to play (leaving Anaheim and going to Long Beach one afternoon) if the Queen Mary is also important . I have never been to the Party so I can't comment on that. DD and I did see the special fireworks the year they were introduced and were not yet an exclusive to the Party. DD thought it was the best fireworks presentation she had ever seen. I thought Zero was cute, flying around the castle.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nls721 View Post
    Going to San Diego and Disneyland in late Sept/early Oct. I have only been to DL once and that was in 1997 so before CA. DH has only been to DL once as well in 1996. We have never been together. We enjoy WDW almost annually and do the parks for 6 days.

This is my idea, drive from San Diego up to Anaheim on a Tuesday. Spend all day Weds-Fri at the parks. Is that enough time? Getting a 3 day hopper. My other option is that Tuesday night there is the Halloween Party so wondering if I should add that on for extra time.

However, we really want to stop at Queen Mary on Tuesday so if we did the Halloween Party we'd probably go right from San Diego to Disney (so we have time to stop for lunch) and do the Halloween Party, then maybe one afternoon leave Disney and do the Queen Mary.

Thoughts? We do not have kids, just us two. We enjoy the shows and also ridding the bigger rides multiple times.

Thanks!
    never been that time of year but I assume 3 days will be plenty since Sep/Oct is offseason. Two days was just enough when I went in late Aug last year.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member