Quantcast Fork & Screen @ DTD...how does it work?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fork & Screen @ DTD...how does it work?

We're thinking of trying this when we next go in May. Godzilla will be out. Here are my questions:

1. Do these require advanced reservations? Or do you just show up and hope that there is something available?

2. Do they have dining in every theater? Or just select theaters? I mean, if there is only one movie i'm interested in seeing, and there is no dining in the theater, I'd just as soon see it at home.

Thanks!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be good for you to make reservations in advance as you actually are choosing and reserving your seat.

I have not done this before, but I have read about it. It looks super fun.

I will see what more I can find out for you.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a private message on this.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We have only done this once, but it was a very fun experience. Especially if you are like us and don't have a fork and screen cinema near home.

We went online from the resort room and booked our tickets/seat the night before we planned to go. We were able to select seating as well as movie and time. I don't think every movie was available at the Fork and Screen, but there were several options. I'm thinking if the movie is just coming out you have a good chance that it will be available at the Fork and Screen. We watched a movie that came out that day.

Honestly we didn't need to book it beforehand. The theater was pretty much empty. We saw a mid day feature, I think it was a Friday first week in Aug. so still summer crowds. There was maybe another family or two and ourselves. I would hate for you to wait and not be able to get a seat, but I can't image the theaters filling up completely in Disney.

Enjoy your movie.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I think there are 6 "Fork & Screen" theatres, so there will be a few movie options, and lots of times.

Like a regular movie, you can check a few days ahead for the movie and times, but I can't see that a new popular movie won't be one of the options.

We don't have one near us, so we're thinking of trying it out on our upcoming trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We did Mother's Day there a few years ago to see Avengers, and it was a great day! Expensive, but GREAT!

There are many theaters, lots of show times to choose from, and the process is very easy. Highly recommended!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks everyone! We think we'll give this a shot when we're there in late May.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: