Quantcast Poly Nov 16th - 21st - Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly Nov 16th - 21st - Day 4

Who - Me, OCD planner!
    DH - converted hubby of 25 years
    DD - Celebrating 18th birthday (next week)
    DS - Mini me (15) who has the same Disney passion that I do.

Where - Poly
    How - JetBlue

Last night we discussed trying to get into Be our Guest for lunch. We decided to forgo breakfast, sleep in a bit and have an early lunch. First I needed to change my FP+ selections because
    we were originally going to go to Epcot that afternoon and made FP+. However, we decided to go to the studios that night and I cancelled the Epcot FP. I went to book the Studios but it would not let me, apparently it did not recognize that the Epcot was cancelled. I tried again and again. I was very frustrated. About 2 hours later I could finally do it but of course TSM was out by that point (10 a.m). I got them for RR and ToT for later that night.

Onto BoG, I suggested that just the girls go, but the boys wanted to come along. While the gang was getting ready, I took a stroll around the Poly and took in the ambience, the Christmas decorations were all up. I thought they were subtle but appropriate. We missed them on the last visit.

We took off to Main Street and found our way to BoG. My daughter was super excited (love that an 18 year old still gets excited!). The line was over the bridge and around the corner but it moved very quickly (this was about 10:40 a.m.). it was a dry day that was in the high 70s, perfect. (It may have rained over night, I can't remember!). We got to the kiosk in about 20 minutes.

The nice lady helped me at the kiosk (it was very organized). We order 3 turkey sandwiches and a quiche.

We found a table in the main dining room. It was pretty awesome that the food found us! It was quick service and delicious!! Everyone was very happy with their selections! We loved the dining hall and the snow was a nice effect! We went on Splash Mountain a couple of times and then headed out.

Originally we were going to DTD, but decided to get some pool time and go to DTD tomorrow. After enjoying some vitamin D, we went to the Boardwalk via Epcot (Another reason I love the Poly!, the TTC next door!). We had not been to the Boardwalk for a while. We ate supper at a quiet ESPN club (delicious), and then DH and DS went to the Candy store.

Looked at the decorations in the lobby of the Boardwalk and then finally found the path to the Studios (we had never walked there before).

We tried for TSM but line was too long, went to the Osbourne lights which again was great, the crowd was in a happy mood! How can you not be watching them? I hope they never get rid of them, just move them if needed.

On the way back we checked out the line for ToT and RR and both were less then 10 mins (really walk ons), We used or FP but did not need them at all. (This is the November crowds I'm used to!). We got some ice cream and made our way out to a full bus (although we did not need to wait).

Got our drinks at Captain Cooks and called it a night.

I did not mention that DD did put on her Birthday button yesterday and today and loved the attention!

Overall thoughts -

FP+ although frustrating, and disappointed we did not make TSM. However being able to make it on TT and RR a couple of times eased the pain.

Loved BoG and was very happy the line moved quickly. Glad we got on Splash 2x. I did wear a poncho when I found out on the second ride we were in front!

I like the Boardwalk and got some nice pictures at sunset. We hadn't been to the ESPN club in a few visits and it was delicious. Great service also.

The walk from the Boardwalk to Studios was very nice.

Love, love, love the Osbourne lights. Does feel a little strange in t-shirts and shorts listening to Christmas music, but I could get used to it!!

Bus Service has been great.

Tomorrow - last full day!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Osborne Lights are truly wonderful!! It's a great way to get a dose of holiday cheer!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I too hope they never get rid of the Osborne lights- simply amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds wonderful

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like making changes on the fly, and then not being able to follow through with the FP+ system! I can imagine this was frustrating, and a little disappointing too. However, it sounds like you had a very enjoyable lunch at BOG and another fun evening at DHS.

Another great day!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: