Quantcast DHS Entertainment Changes?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DHS Entertainment Changes?

News has been circulating online about Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks ending their respective runs on April 6...

First, has any CM involved on this site heard this and can confirm?

Second, if true, good riddance...

Third, let the speculation begin as to why this may be happening...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed.

And I liked that parade.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

are they replacing them with anything? I will be at DHS on April 9th.
    WDW College Program May '03-January '04
    2006 - All Star Sports
    2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2016 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I'm more than elated to hear that DCR is ending. But I liked Pixar Pals and thought it was a fun, energetic parade. Wonder what's on the slate to replace these things?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    News has been circulating online about Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks ending their respective runs on April 6...
    Never heard of them... Sounds dreadful though, the shows, not that they are going away...

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Multiple Entertainment Cast Members and Disney's Hollywood Studios Cast Members have confirmed the internal announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by KiNg4aDaY
    are they replacing them with anything? I will be at DHS on April 9th.
    Entertainment Cast have only reported (so far) that both entertainment offerings are going on an indefinite hiatus on April 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    Wonder what's on the slate to replace these things?
    It's typical for Entertainment Cast to have news of a replacement in these situations, so some are speculating that a yet-to-be announced construction project is causing a lengthy hiatus. This speculation appears to be (in part) fueled by the Press Event scheduled for 4/25 & 4/26.

Contrary to that speculation, it is also being speculated that the offerings could be temporarily replaced by the "summer attractions" noted in the agenda for the same April Press Event.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Never heard of them... Sounds dreadful though, the shows, not that they are going away...
    You didn't miss anything... If you saw Block Party Bash, think of a dumbed down version of that... Was the worst rated parade among guests... I'd say catch it on You Tube but you would be wasting 5 minutes of your life LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Multiple Entertainment Cast Members and Disney's Hollywood Studios Cast Members have confirmed the internal announcement.

Entertainment Cast have only reported (so far) that both entertainment offerings are going on an indefinite hiatus on April 6th.

It's typical for Entertainment Cast to have news of a replacement in these situations, so some are speculating that a yet-to-be announced construction project is causing a lengthy hiatus. This speculation appears to be (in part) fueled by the Press Event scheduled for 4/25 & 4/26.
    **Cough CARSLAND cough**

Contrary to that speculation, it is also being speculated that the offerings could be temporarily replaced by the "summer attractions" noted in the agenda for the same April Press Event.
    Question for ya, since you do seem to get good entertainment info.. Any word on Pixar Play Parade from DCA coming east while DCA gets a new parade? Seems that a member of another site has started running with that as the plan...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

We ran away from the DHS parades they've had since doing away with Stars & Motor Cars. That one had just about the right amount of stuff for that park, IMO.

It's unfortunate for those who enjoyed them, though. It's not a good feeling when something you were looking forward to closes between when you booked your vacation and your arrival.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they bring something back like the stars and cars parade. It has a special place in my heart.

My husband and I were Grand Marshals in the parade in oct 2003.
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002
    .. Any word on Pixar Play Parade from DCA coming east while DCA gets a new parade? Seems that a member of another site has started running with that as the plan...
    Aware of this rumour, but not currently aware of its creditability.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Aware of this rumour, but not currently aware of its creditability.
    I'm not holding any credibility to that rumor, especially since we haven't read a peep about any new DCA parade... I think there would have been a lot of chatter in a new parade was that close to being announced...

As for DHS, there is now another rumor going around, once that was discussed a while back but now seeming to be getting some traction, is for a new car entrance into the parking lot... Something is up with DHS... The park may be getting a lot of love in the near future...

Post Thanks / Like

As for DHS, there is now another rumor going around, once that was discussed a while back but now seeming to be getting some traction, is for a new car entrance into the parking lot... Something is up with DHS... The park may be getting a lot of love in the near future...
    Yes, I've read where the parade building is located behind the Backlot Express. And given the fact that a certain mini-land has not found an official home anywhere, as well as the restrictions of Marvel in FL, makes this seem as if a placesetting for a cantina may be in the works.

Post Thanks / Like

You are referring to the Pixar and Pals parade correct? I loved that parade and will be sad to see it go.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Yes, I've read where the parade building is located behind the Backlot Express. And given the fact that a certain mini-land has not found an official home anywhere, as well as the restrictions of Marvel in FL, makes this seem as if a placesetting for a cantina may be in the works.
    I'd love for that to be the case, more Star Wars is never a bad thing... But, I have a feeling, if any project comes to DHS, it will be a mini version of Cars Land (Just RSR with a gift shop and maybe Flo's) along with the long runored Monsters Inc coaster...

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    You are referring to the Pixar and Pals parade correct? I loved that parade and will be sad to see it go.
    If that is the same parade as Countdown to Fun then yes, final run is set for April 6...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    We ran away from the DHS parades they've had since doing away with Stars & Motor Cars. That one had just about the right amount of stuff for that park, IMO.
    LOVED Stars & Motor Cars.

Best parade I have seen at that park since we started going as a family in 2006. Only saw it the one time, but it was great.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    along with the long runored Monsters Inc coaster...
    I would love to see this "long rumored Monsters Inc coaster" come to fruition.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I would love to see this "long rumored Monsters Inc coaster" come to fruition.
    You and a lot of other people.. I just wish my friends were quick enough to capture the picture of the concept art when it was leaked on to the Hub a few years back LoL...

Post Thanks / Like

Default HS parades cancel

I read on another site that they have or going to cancel the two parades in HS. The article points that it could have something to do with the wireless mics the performers use interfering with the new RFID gate readers and RFID cash registers in the stores.

If this is true, someone did not do all their homework on RFID.

Again, a rumor from another site. I have no way of confirming or dis-confirming this, without the help of fellow Intercotees that are in the know.
    Foshe's
    Aug 2-11, 2014
    Sept 21-26, 2013no kids allowed
    June 2-9, 2012
    dec 20-26,2009
    July 11-17 2009, DEC21-25 2008,
    July 13-18 2008, Aug 6-10 2007
    July 2006/ French quarter
    July 2005/ Yach club
    July 2004/ POP (familys first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

How does this not surprise me?

How's this $1 BILLION dollar project working out for you disney?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cfoshe View Post
    I read on another site that they have or going to cancel the two parades in HS. The article points that it could have something to do with the wireless mics the performers use interfering with the new RFID gate readers and RFID cash registers in the stores.

If this is true, someone did not do all their homework on RFID.

Again, a rumor from another site. I have no way of confirming or dis-confirming this, without the help of fellow Intercotees that are in the know.
    This was discussed before about the parade in DHS ending, but the RFID thing came out today (or recently)... The RFID excuse is not true... The parade is not interfering with RFID readers...

The parade was cut as part of reducing DHS' entertainment budget... The money was shifted elsewhere...

DHS is getting prepped for work to be done... D23 should hold the answers as to what is coming for DHS... Carsland gained a lot of steam several months ago (well, not all of Carsland just RSR and maybe Flo's)... But people have been rumbling about Star Wars again... I doubt we'd get a major Star Wars expansion, but that could be why we haven't gotten any Radiator Springs Racers announcement yet...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: