Quantcast xPass (Or whatever it will be called ) Testing In May - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to hear how it goes! So, you already have your rides picked out, right? Did they let you also pick your time window that you wanted to ride?
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw pictures on twitter of the machines... YUCK ... Glad these are only in testing which allows them to theme the machines once they go live...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

So when do I get a fastpass to get to the front of the line where I pick out all my fastpasses?

Probably only years away from having to schedule all my BMs.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Saw pictures on twitter of the machines... YUCK ... Glad these are only in testing which allows them to theme the machines once they go live...
    They look just like the RFID readers they used at Epcot a few months ago when testing at the entrance.

I personally think they are cute. Tap your ticket - Mickey's head lights up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    They look just like the RFID readers they used at Epcot a few months ago when testing at the entrance.

I personally think they are cute. Tap your ticket - Mickey's head lights up.
    The blue works for an entrance... but in front of an attraction, I think they will stand out...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Who posted these pics on twitter? I am curious to see them.
    Lauren

AKL ('04)
    BLT ('11)
    CBR ('09, '15)
    CSR ('03, '11, '16)
    POFQ ('06, '14)
    POLY ('12 - Honeymoon)
    WL ('05, '08, '13)
    BWI ('15)
    Disney Cruise ('15)
    Disneyland Hotel ('08, '14)

Next Up: Beach Club- Oct 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy89 View Post
    Who posted these pics on twitter? I am curious to see them.
    Check your PM...

Post Thanks / Like

The blue works for an entrance... but in front of an attraction, I think they will stand out...
    Hmmm. Have you seen them in person? What exactly do you want to see theme wise that you think will make them 'blend' in?

Although, as I think about it a bit more, the ones I saw on Twitter were in the Space Mountain area and were exactly like the ones I saw at the Epcot entrance. Yes, those two areas (Epcot and Tomorrowland) would seem to blend together fine, but how would that same reader look say, in front of Splash? Granted, not a good look for Frontierland. Yes, they'll need to 'theme' these to the attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Hmmm. Have you seen them in person? What exactly do you want to see theme wise that you think will make them 'blend' in?

Although, as I think about it a bit more, the ones I saw on Twitter were in the Space Mountain area and were exactly like the ones I saw at the Epcot entrance. Yes, those two areas (Epcot and Tomorrowland) would seem to blend together fine, but how would that same reader look say, in front of Splash? Granted, not a good look for Frontierland. Yes, they'll need to 'theme' these to the attraction.
    Exactly... I don't think a blue pole would look right in Frontierland... Would look way out of place... if they made it to look like a tree log or something along those lines, it would blend in with the surroundings better...

Haunted Mansion, they can just paint them black... Would blend in with the gate and fence... Every area they can be themed around something..

But, these are only test machines so hopefully they are planning a theme with the real machines...

Post Thanks / Like

So this is only for guests staying on property?
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Here's what the plastic Fastpass cards look like ~~
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

interesting, can't wait to hear more about this.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

The idea is growing on me but I am still on the fence as to whether this is something I like or do not like.

Anyone hear if this is going to come with a fee or if it is for just resort guests??
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

We are going at the end of the month and I would love to test this out. I do a lot of the FP leg work around the parks while my DH and kids ride. This would make my life a little easier!
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted this quote on another thread and I though ti was applicable to this situation as well. We all would do well to remember it.

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things....and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Aren't we all glad that Walt thought this way? otherwise we wouldn't even have WDW in Florida, much less Epcot and other parks. the innovations that have come with progress in technology have for the most part, made visiting theme parks a more enjoyable experience. (Less time waiting, more time experiencing attractions). Yeah, it costs a lot more now, (along with everything else), but I remember visiting in the 70's when there was no FastPass system at all, and in fact you had to buy a ticket a for each attraction. I don't hear anyone wanting to go back to that system, although I'm sure there were some who complained about it at the time it was changed. It's our nature to want things to stay the same, even though looking back, we all would agree that progress is a good thing.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Someone posted this quote on another thread and I though ti was applicable to this situation as well. We all would do well to remember it.

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things....and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Aren't we all glad that Walt thought this way? otherwise we wouldn't even have WDW in Florida, much less Epcot and other parks. the innovations that have come with progress in technology have for the most part, made visiting theme parks a more enjoyable experience. (Less time waiting, more time experiencing attractions). Yeah, it costs a lot more now, (along with everything else), but I remember visiting in the 70's when there was no FastPass system at all, and in fact you had to buy a ticket a for each attraction. I don't hear anyone wanting to go back to that system, although I'm sure there were some who complained about it at the time it was changed. It's our nature to want things to stay the same, even though looking back, we all would agree that progress is a good thing.
    I'm not necessarily sure the problem most people have regarding Xpass is change, its time management. The rumors (which Disney has failed to squash) are guests will be able to reserve rides months in advance. Many of us don't want to plan every single second of our vacation out months in advance. If we dont, are we not going to be able to ride our favorite ride? What about the people that don't stay on property, or live close by and just decide to go on a random Saturday?

I'm all for change at Disney, in fact I want a lot of changes to make things better, but sometimes change isn't always for the better. IMO, in this case, the change isn't for the better.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    ...I remember visiting in the 70's when there was no FastPass system at all, and in fact you had to buy a ticket a for each attraction. I don't hear anyone wanting to go back to that system, although I'm sure there were some who complained about it at the time it was changed.
    Devil's Advocate, how far are we really away from the old ticket system? If they charge for xPass, I think we'd be right back there, or pretty close. Especially in terms of many of the very popular attractions, like Toy Story Mania, where you can pretty much forget riding if you don't have a Fastpass.

Post Thanks / Like

We may have to start using FastPass+ since that is now the new name being tossed around on internet sites... xPass isn't, well, very friendly lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Devil's Advocate, how far are we really away from the old ticket system? If they charge for xPass, I think we'd be right back there, or pretty close. Especially in terms of many of the very popular attractions, like Toy Story Mania, where you can pretty much forget riding if you don't have a Fastpass.
    If they charged for it, I wouldn't return. Ever. I like going in the off-season because I can get more bang for my buck with more rides in the same amount of time. If they charge per/ride or per/fastpass, I'd have to pay more for going in the off-season.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Can't wait to hear how it goes! So, you already have your rides picked out, right? Did they let you also pick your time window that you wanted to ride?
    They asked us if we would be in the park morning, afternoon, or evening. Based on that they just assigned times. That was on Tuesday when we arrived at the airport. I usually have a general plan for which day we will spend at which park, but we also do a lot of hopping. I had planned to be in mk Friday morning, but we had some time on our hands Thurs evening so we headed to mk stayed for wishes and had a late night. Consequently we decided to let the kids sleep in missing our fp times on Friday. We value flexibility over fastpasses and that to me is the downside of this new system. For us it wasn't a good fit. We leave the parks for naps and play it by ear a lot of times. We also don't use fp much at all. My kids are too little for the bigger thrill rides that use fp and we generally hit fantasyland early at least once and do everything before fastpasses are needed.

I think it would be better once instituted if you could do it online before you leave on vacation. The airport is a stressful place and I wasn't prepared to plan my mk day 4 days in advance on the spot. Other than that I guess I'm okay with the new system, but since we aren't heavy fp users I really don't have a strong opinion.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: