Quantcast Free Park Parking for Swan/Dolphin Guests? - INTERCOT Boards





Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.








ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
sheraton vistana resort
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
Strollers and Groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us
   






INTERCOT Boards INTERCOT Accommodations Forum Sponsor:
Sheraton Vistana Resort
 

Go Back   INTERCOT Boards > Resorts & Dining > Accommodations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Brian's Avatar
Brian Brian is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 807
Default Free Park Parking for Swan/Dolphin Guests?

Do Swan and Dolphin guests get free parking at the parks like guests of the Disney-operated resorts?

With the Disney resorts, I know you can show your resort parking pass and park for free at the parks. I wasn't sure if the Swan/Dolphin had the same arrangement.
Reply With Quote

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
  #2  
Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 AM
MidnTPK's Avatar
MidnTPK MidnTPK is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wash, DC
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Do Swan and Dolphin guests get free parking at the parks like guests of the Disney-operated resorts?
Yes, S/D guests get free parking at the parks. You show your room key.

S/D guests have to pay for parking at the S/D however. They charge per night of your stay (not for each entrance and exit), and you use you room key to open the gates.
__________________
80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
CBR 3/00
YC 10/02, 9/06
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Last edited by MidnTPK; 07-21-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: details
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Brian's Avatar
Brian Brian is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post
S/D guests have to pay for parking at the S/D however. They charge per night of your stay (not for each entrance and exit), and you use you room key to open the gates.
Thanks for the response!

Do you know how much they charge per night?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 PM
DizneyRox's Avatar
DizneyRox DizneyRox is offline
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: At the Edge of Reason
Posts: 11,967
Default

Last I read it was a ressort fee of $10 a night, but I would be willing to bet it went up. I don't know if anyone had posted anything recently about it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Brian's Avatar
Brian Brian is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
Last I read it was a ressort fee of $10 a night, but I would be willing to bet it went up. I don't know if anyone had posted anything recently about it.
That's a bummer. I was beginning to wonder how the Swan/Dolphin could be significantly cheaper than Disney's resorts, yet fall in the "Deluxe" category. I'm beginning to see how.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:34 PM
MidnTPK's Avatar
MidnTPK MidnTPK is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wash, DC
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
That's a bummer. I was beginning to wonder how the Swan/Dolphin could be significantly cheaper than Disney's resorts, yet fall in the "Deluxe" category. I'm beginning to see how.
Self parking is $11 a night; valet is more, $17 I think. The resort fee is different and is still $10 a day - it gets you internet access, two bottles of water a day, 60 minutes of long distance a day, and use of the health club.

I know where you are coming from with these added fees, but the nightly rates at the S/D usually beat the YC/BC/BW hotels by more than a $100 a night, if you take advantage of one of their discounts....and pretty much everybody can find some discount. So even adding these $20-$30 a night extras, you're still getting a big savings for similar quality (or better in some opinions) accommodations with great access to The Studios and Epcot.
__________________
80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
CBR 3/00
YC 10/02, 9/06
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-21-2010, 03:48 PM
DizneyRox's Avatar
DizneyRox DizneyRox is offline
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: At the Edge of Reason
Posts: 11,967
Default

And here I thought the resort fee was parking too! YIKES! Good to know, not that I plan on staying Swan/Dolphin any time soon. Location is really sweet however, I feel the "Epcot" resorts have the best location on property.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-21-2010, 04:56 PM
wdwfansince75's Avatar
wdwfansince75 wdwfansince75 is offline
Team INTERCOT Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Easley, SC
Posts: 1,071
Default

You may want to check....I believe this has now changed. SoG guests also used to park free at the parks....When we were there recently (7/10-7/16), they advised us that guests were being asked to pay when driving to the parks. DS#2 checked with the customer service people, and they showed him a memo that states that SoG, S&D, and the value resorts are required to pay for parking at EPCOT, DHS, and AK, but can park for free at MK parking.
__________________
Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
83,85 FW (Cabins)
84 Poly
96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
99 WL
2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-2010, 05:07 PM
MidnTPK's Avatar
MidnTPK MidnTPK is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wash, DC
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
You may want to check....I believe this has now changed. SoG guests also used to park free at the parks....When we were there recently (7/10-7/16), they advised us that guests were being asked to pay when driving to the parks. DS#2 checked with the customer service people, and they showed him a memo that states that SoG, S&D, and the value resorts are required to pay for parking at EPCOT, DHS, and AK, but can park for free at MK parking.
Just pulled this from Disney's website:
Quote:
Disney Resort Guests receive complimentary parking at Disney Theme Parks for the length of their resort stay, with valid resort identification.
And when I was in WDW a month ago, staying at the Swan, parking was free at the parks.
__________________
80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
CBR 3/00
YC 10/02, 9/06
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Brian's Avatar
Brian Brian is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post
I know where you are coming from with these added fees, but the nightly rates at the S/D usually beat the YC/BC/BW hotels by more than a $100 a night, if you take advantage of one of their discounts....and pretty much everybody can find some discount. So even adding these $20-$30 a night extras, you're still getting a big savings for similar quality (or better in some opinions) accommodations with great access to The Studios and Epcot.
I just ran a quote on their web sites to compare rates and you're not kidding. Even with all the fees added in, the Dolphin comes out $186.26 cheaper per night than even the Wilderness Lodge. The only difference (aside from Disney vs. non-Disney) is that the Dolphin would be 2 double beds while the WL would be 2 queen beds. This is when comparing the cheapest views at each hotel for a late October stay.

We may lean toward giving the Dolphin a shot this time. We've never stayed there before, but we have stayed in that area (YC/BC).
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
DizneyRox's Avatar
DizneyRox DizneyRox is offline
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: At the Edge of Reason
Posts: 11,967
Default

I factor in the cost of a rental car as well (if you are driving) or the transfer to the resort if necessary when comparing hotels.

The Swan/Dolphin will probably still come out ahead, but I've stopped renting a car while at Disney, and staying on property allows me to save several hundred at least, or at least last time I checked.

Again, not close to the $186 a night you're saving, but an apples to apples comparison is always good. Usually I compare off-site accomodations against the value resorts (not that I would stay in a value)...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Brian's Avatar
Brian Brian is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 807
Default

I was wrong in my previous comparison of the Wilderness Lodge rates to the Dolphin. I didn't realize the WL rate I saw included park tickets. I went back and re-checked things. The Dolphin is cheaper by about $100/night, not $186/night as I had originally posted.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 AM
MidnTPK's Avatar
MidnTPK MidnTPK is offline
Senior Cast Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wash, DC
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
The only difference (aside from Disney vs. non-Disney) is that the Dolphin would be 2 double beds while the WL would be 2 queen beds.
The Swan has queen beds, but is priced $10-$20 more a night than the Dolphin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I was wrong in my previous comparison of the Wilderness Lodge rates to the Dolphin. I didn't realize the WL rate I saw included park tickets. I went back and re-checked things. The Dolphin is cheaper by about $100/night, not $186/night as I had originally posted.
This sounds about right.

I haven't ever compared the S&D to the WL. But I know that the WL is not on the monorail, nor is it walking distance to two parks, and it is therefore priced less than the Epcot/Boardwalk and Monorail resorts in the Disney hierarchy.
__________________
80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
CBR 3/00
YC 10/02, 9/06
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM
big blue and hairy's Avatar
big blue and hairy big blue and hairy is offline
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3,745
Default

With the fees, when comparing rates at the Swalphin, add $20-$22/night, if you are driving. That covers the parking fee and the resort fee. Of course if you fly, and you always pay for internet at Disney owned resorts, it's about even....

__________________
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.



      .......................................................................................................

Copyright 1997-2009 Levelbest Communications
This site is not an official Disney site.
disclaimer/privacy statement