Quantcast New Theme Park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: New Theme Park?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Theme Park?

With all the new hotels going up and the crowds at the parks already, I think they should build a new theme park. Too bad they couldn't have made THAT Star Wars land or somethin...

If that were to happen, what theme would you like to see for a new park?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be a good question, but there will be no new park in the foreseeable future. Not for lack of land or IP (disregarding and Marvel properties that are contracted by Universal) but because it would be difficult to staff another park. They are having enough problems staffing the current 4 parks, and 2 water parks, with quality CMs.

That said, I would like to see either a Villains park or a Retro-Disney park.

Not sure, however, how they could implement a Villains park that would still be a 'fun' park. To capture the villains, it would seem to me that it would contain much 'darker' attractions than would be suitable for Disney.

Retro-Disney could contain a number of old attractions, rides and shows, that people greatly miss. These could be brought up to current technologies and have quite the following. You could have 'lands' for each of the current parks, as well as TV, Movies, etc.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

They could do a villains park without it being too scary. People love the older dark rides. They could use the twist they did which made the "villain" Maleficent into a good guy and lighten a land up that way. If they can do the Pandora land, I'm sure they could do a land based on where Maleficent lived in that movie. There's always the Monsters Inc rollercoaster that people talk about using the doors. You could be getting chased by one of the bad Monsters from the movie (or even Boo), but it wouldn't be too scary. The evil stepmom from Cinderella is at dinner at the Grand Floridian and it is comical. Perhaps a rollercoaster like 7DMT but going through the "scary" trees that Snow White runs through, maybe even throwing in the huntsman. A dark ride where you're trying to save the Dalmatian puppies from Cruella DeVil. A dessert place that serves variations on candied apples. I could come up with tons of ideas.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    It may be a good question, but there will be no new park in the foreseeable future. Not for lack of land or IP (disregarding and Marvel properties that are contracted by Universal) but because it would be difficult to staff another park. They are having enough problems staffing the current 4 parks, and 2 water parks, with quality CMs.

That said, I would like to see either a Villains park or a Retro-Disney park.

Not sure, however, how they could implement a Villains park that would still be a 'fun' park. To capture the villains, it would seem to me that it would contain much 'darker' attractions than would be suitable for Disney.

Retro-Disney could contain a number of old attractions, rides and shows, that people greatly miss. These could be brought up to current technologies and have quite the following. You could have 'lands' for each of the current parks, as well as TV, Movies, etc.
    I knew there was nothing in the works as far as expansion goes, I was trying to think of a solution for the crowding (other than raising prices). Maybe I put this post in the wrong place?
    Do you think there is a quality issue with the staff?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bass T-bone View Post
    Do you think there is a quality issue with the staff?
    Not as a whole, but there is a decline in the 'feel' from Cast Members. More than a few have become more engrossed in idle chatter with other CMs and losing the "Disney Magic" that had been the pride of the parks.

I have only been going for 15 years, but have seen differences in how we, as guests, are treated. There are a LOT of really, really good CMs that help give WDW its magic. I am not really complaining, as I feel WDW is still the most enjoyable experience around.

Now, I could theorize that a part of that loss of 'feel' could come from increased crowds year-round and what the CMs have to deal with on a daily basis, but that begs the question of why WDW does not employ more CMs to take the 'heat' off of the current crop. Instead of having just one at points that get jammed up regularly, or at the MB check in points for rides/attractions/shows, have two or three to keep things moving and people calm. Instead of having one of three registers open in a shop with one or two CMs working the floor, have all registers open with two CMs, double the number of 'floor walkers' and keep the flow going.

Granted these ideas cost money, but a little extra payroll versus disgruntled visitors who will decide not to make a purchase, or CMs who are constantly frustrated and harassed while trying to do multiple things for multiple people at once, would make a lot more sense.

Sorry to pontificate so, but this is something I have been thinking about after my last few trips.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I'd be 100% down for a Retro Disney World... especially the original Studios idea of it being a working studio complete with sound stages, back-lot, etc.

9. Likes PopPhan, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more with a 5th gate at WDW. They should have had a 5th gate for their "non-traditional" IP's, for Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc., and also make the park more on the thrill-themed end. This would spread out the crowds at the World, keep their various IP's separate, and provide a more thrill experience to themed rides (thus drawing away from Universal, not that Disney isn't the top dog anymore).

Post Thanks / Like

While I wouldn't be opposed to a new park, I would want EVERYTHING currently under construction to be 100% complete. Even though a new gate would be unseen until open, I think that they have simply spread themselves too thin all around. I would also want them to re focus on current parks which definitely need lot more TLC. A villains park would be cool, and I think they could absolutely incorporate a few more aggressive rides, which in turn may take a little away from Universal. Theres a large audience that Disney is missing simply because they "don't do thrill rides".

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: