Quantcast x pass?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: x pass?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default x pass?

What is this x pass system I'm hearing about?
    Or updates to the fast pass system?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually seeing some buzz about Disney recently testing in some spots how Fastpass was originally intended to work - guests actually having to return during the hour window on their FP. Also reports are indicating that CMs are no longer advising guests that the return times are open-ended, like they have in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm actually seeing some buzz about Disney recently testing in some spots how Fastpass was originally intended to work - guests actually having to return during the hour window on their FP. Also reports are indicating that CMs are no longer advising guests that the return times are open-ended, like they have in the past.
    Oh no...we used to always return "late". Although, I understand why they might want to enforce the window. However, how can they account for lateness that is not the guest's fault? Like, ride breakdowns, or longer than posted waits at other rides, longer than usual lines at food/merchandise spots, etc.? Isn't that why the return time is open ended?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Oh no...we used to always return "late".
    We always return 'late' as well. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The one hour window has nothing to do with x-pass as far as I'm aware ... x-pass is the term I've heard used to refer to the "NextGen" iteration of FastPass where everything will be able to tie together and you'll have your dining reservations, ride reservations, character meet reservations, etc. all tied to one "x-pass."
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The one hour window has nothing to do with x-pass as far as I'm aware ... x-pass is the term I've heard used to refer to the "NextGen" iteration of FastPass where everything will be able to tie together and you'll have your dining reservations, ride reservations, character meet reservations, etc. all tied to one "x-pass."
    Right, which is why they apparently are phasing in this change with the FP window now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I've basically heard the same thing. I never knew you could show up late and still use your fast pass, but it only seems fair that if you are more than 15 min or so past your window,that the fast pass should expire. If I understand the system right, they only issue so many fast passes every day per fast pass attraction. It seems that if everyone was doing this, then both stand bye and fast pass lines could take longer.

Post Thanks / Like

I would LIKE to see them enforce this. I dont think its very fair to allow you to come anytime that day with a pass that has the time on it and in 2007 we were turned away a few times bc our passes were not within the hour anymore. If the ride is important enough for you to get a fastpass, then I think you should be there in your window to use it and i think you SHOULD use them if you get them. Getting them and then just throwing them out is completely irresponsible. There was somebody else who wanted that ticket,fo sho!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I would LIKE to see them enforce this. I dont think its very fair to allow you to come anytime that day with a pass that has the time on it...
    It simply doesn't matter WHEN a person chooses to use a FP, after the earliest Return Time is reached.

It
    does
    not
    matter.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the 33 year old fuddy-duddy coming out in me... so bear with me.

When I make my ADR for dinner at say, 6pm, I show up for my ADR at 6pm. Why? Because that's when I made the reservation. I can't show up at 7pm and expect they'll have a table for me, because now my table has gone to the next party who has shown up at the proper time. I think we can all agree on that premise, right?

So when my fast pass says I have to come back between 1pm - 2pm (and I do see this on the sign before choose to get the actual fast passes), you bet your bottom I'm gonna be there within that hour! Why? Because in my mind, Disney has figured out some calculation that there will be X-number of people coming between 1-2pm with their fast passes, and therefore the fast pass lane will move at a good pace in order to accommodate those X-number of people. But then you toss in all the people who decided NOT to use their fast passes in the morning, and they start showing up between 1-2pm as well, and suddenly my fast pass lineup isn't moving so fast anymore. All because people decided to stretch the rules and take advantage of Disney's "make the guest happy" approach. All those rule-benders are filling up what would have been a quick and easy fast pass line for those of us who follow the rules. So in my eyes... it. does. matter.

See? I told you that you'd think I'm being a fuddy-duddy!
    I didn't realize so many people stretched that rule and figured the fast pass was good for "anytime" after the start time. I honestly believe if they post the times above the kiosk, you know what time you're going to get and if you don't like it, don't get the fast pass right away!

Now. With that said, in regards to an X-pass, where I have to schedule what time, on what day I want to be riding Space Mountain, that's just going too far. I'm quite happy deciding on the day-of what I want to do (as in "Oh, we can get a fast pass for Soarin for between 2-3pm... that sounds good). But I seriously don't have the time to be sitting at home on my computer figuring out "On Tuesday January 29th, at 3pm, let's schedule a ride on Soarin'." That's ridiculous.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    So when my fast pass says I have to come back between 1pm - 2pm (and I do see this on the sign before choose to get the actual fast passes), you bet your bottom I'm gonna be there within that hour! Why? Because in my mind, Disney has figured out some calculation that there will be X-number of people coming between 1-2pm with their fast passes, and therefore the fast pass lane will move at a good pace in order to accommodate those X-number of people. But then you toss in all the people who decided NOT to use their fast passes in the morning, and they start showing up between 1-2pm as well, and suddenly my fast pass lineup isn't moving so fast anymore. .
    That not the correct formula to compute the actual effect.

It doesn't matter when you use the FP as long as it is after the earliest Return Time.

If you didn't use it within the "window," then you (in effect) "let guests go on the ride ahead of you" during that window.

But, your "place in line" would still be waiting for you later in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Buttercup;2207605]This is the 33 year old fuddy-duddy coming out in me... so bear with me.

When I make my ADR for dinner at say, 6pm, I show up for my ADR at 6pm. Why? Because that's when I made the reservation. I can't show up at 7pm and expect they'll have a table for me, because now my table has gone to the next party who has shown up at the proper time. I think we can all agree on that premise, right?...QUOTE]

A meal at a table in a restaurant with a limited number of tables and you use the table for an hour is not the same thing as a WDW attraction designed for capcity-capacity-capacity.

It's enough that the meal that you and I arrive to eat at 6:00pm had to be reserved the minute reservation lines opened 180+10 days ago. It's enough that we have to be at DHS when it opens to get near TSM. It's enough that headliners require a FP to be experienced

(do you know how long it takes to walk from anywhere in EPCOT all the way to and through the Land and downstairs to the Soarin' FP machines?)

If we come back a little late to use those FPs I certainly hope the whole place doesn't turn into chaos and anarchy.

Increasingly, I feel like WDW is the place where children experience magic and adults experience schedules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Increasingly, I feel like WDW is the place where children experience magic and adults experience schedules.
    great line
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    This is the 33 year old fuddy-duddy coming out in me... so bear with me.

When I make my ADR for dinner at say, 6pm, I show up for my ADR at 6pm. Why? Because that's when I made the reservation. I can't show up at 7pm and expect they'll have a table for me, because now my table has gone to the next party who has shown up at the proper time. I think we can all agree on that premise, right?

So when my fast pass says I have to come back between 1pm - 2pm (and I do see this on the sign before choose to get the actual fast passes), you bet your bottom I'm gonna be there within that hour! Why? Because in my mind, Disney has figured out some calculation that there will be X-number of people coming between 1-2pm with their fast passes, and therefore the fast pass lane will move at a good pace in order to accommodate those X-number of people. But then you toss in all the people who decided NOT to use their fast passes in the morning, and they start showing up between 1-2pm as well, and suddenly my fast pass lineup isn't moving so fast anymore. All because people decided to stretch the rules and take advantage of Disney's "make the guest happy" approach. All those rule-benders are filling up what would have been a quick and easy fast pass line for those of us who follow the rules. So in my eyes... it. does. matter.

See? I told you that you'd think I'm being a fuddy-duddy!
    I didn't realize so many people stretched that rule and figured the fast pass was good for "anytime" after the start time. I honestly believe if they post the times above the kiosk, you know what time you're going to get and if you don't like it, don't get the fast pass right away!

Now. With that said, in regards to an X-pass, where I have to schedule what time, on what day I want to be riding Space Mountain, that's just going too far. I'm quite happy deciding on the day-of what I want to do (as in "Oh, we can get a fast pass for Soarin for between 2-3pm... that sounds good). But I seriously don't have the time to be sitting at home on my computer figuring out "On Tuesday January 29th, at 3pm, let's schedule a ride on Soarin'." That's ridiculous.
    May I join the fuddy-duddy club? Does being 40 get me in?

Seriously though, I agree with you 100%.

I completely understand not wanting to be hindered by a strict schedule. But honestly if you have one hour to return, that's pretty flexible in my opinion. Now if it said between 1:00 and 1:05, okay, I'd think that was too much!

And when I do ADR's [local here, so generally we just walk up and see but sometimes we do]. I know in advance [days/weeks] what time, so I make plans to be there on time. Not that big of deal to say "Hey, my dinner ADR is at 6pm. It's 5pm now and I want to ride test track. The standby line is 40 minutes. I don't think I'll chance it, I'll do something else."

Just seems logical to me. I don't really get the rational of I want to be flexible when there is a good gap of time to return on. To me that would be like saying it would be okay then for the WDW parks to say "Hey today we feel like opening at 10am instead of 9am." Or you wouldn't book a vacation plane reservation that takes off at 5pm and think, "Oh I don't to be rushed, I think I'll show up at 5:15 and board."

Even on vacation there are typically some kind of general guidelines unless you truly do no ADRs or FPs and just walk through the park, doing whatever spontaneously.

Just my own take
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I don't really get the rational of I want to be flexible when there is a good gap of time to return on. To me that would be like saying it would be okay then for the WDW parks to say "Hey today we feel like opening at 10am instead of 9am." Or you wouldn't book a vacation plane reservation that takes off at 5pm and think, "Oh I don't to be rushed, I think I'll show up at 5:15 and board."
    It's not the same thing.

It doesn't matter when you use your FP.
    Your "place in line" has been reserved.
    You can use it any time after the earliest Return Time without it negatively affecting others.
    They would have been "behind you" anyway.
    It's just that you let hundreds of others ride ahead of you, before you finally showed up to take your rightful place in the line.

Consider that you walk up to the FP line during your printed FP window...
    but, instead of walking thru the line, you stand at a wide corner of the FP line, and just motion for others behind you to pass.
    They go ahead of you, while you just continue to stand there, out of the way.

You continue doing that for, oh, an hour, two hours, THREE hours... then, you just join the FP line at that point and walk on up and board, and ride... three hours "late."

Now, who did you hurt in the above situation?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: