Quantcast Wonders of Life - Cranium Command - Inside Out

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wonders of Life - Cranium Command - Inside Out

I realize that Disney is spending millions at Animal Kingdom, and is getting ready to announce a huge expansion at Hollywood Studios, but I think we would all agree that Epcot is in need of some TLC and investment.

WIth the upcoming release of Inside Out, how about re-theming Wonders of Life and clearing out the cobwebs?

I would think they could find some sort of healthcare insurance provider or a large pharm to sponsor it.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Cranuim Command could be re-opened, somewhere, somehow. We always thought it was so funny, a great Disney theme park attraction of the kind you wouldn't find anywhere else.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoyed Cranium Command. And now that I've seen the preview for Inside Out, I cannot help but notice that it seems to draw significant inspiration from Cranium Command.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

I also made the connection to Cranium Command. Sadly it seems like Disney is much more interested in keeping the pavilion as an event center rather than adding attractions back into it. The rumors say that everything was basically gutted.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly a problem with Cranium Command, is you show your age if you know the characters in it. My kids, including for the most part my DD 21, have no idea who Hans and Frans are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheGarretts View Post
    Sadly a problem with Cranium Command, is you show your age if you know the characters in it. My kids, including for the most part my DD 21, have no idea who Hans and Frans are.
    Hans and Franz are all over TV still, currently with their very funny ad campaign for State Farm. But besides that, Disney could always update the storyline/characters to revive the attraction. Sadly, that doesn't appear very likely.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot has less to do than it did decades ago and I cannot see that trend changing. For the most part, they see it as Festival Land. What is left is just something to do before the tribute bands hit the stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Epcot has less to do than it did decades ago and I cannot see that trend changing. For the most part, they see it as Festival Land. What is left is just something to do before the tribute bands hit the stage.
    ...and great dining options, and Soarn' and Test Track, etc. I love Epcot, and enjoy evenings there.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    ...and great dining options, and Soarn' and Test Track, etc. I love Epcot, and enjoy evenings there.
    True, restaurants and festivals, w/ two "must do" attractions and a lot of fodder. Epcot is my favorite park and has been for 30 years or so. However, there is less to do there than there was in 1990. If I only had one day at WDW, Epcot is where I would like to spend it (although I don't think I would go to any of them if it cost me $100+ for that day).

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO EPCOT would be better served opening new countries (preferably with some type of ride) in the World Showcase.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    True, restaurants and festivals, w/ two "must do" attractions and a lot of fodder. Epcot is my favorite park and has been for 30 years or so. However, there is less to do there than there was in 1990. If I only had one day at WDW, Epcot is where I would like to spend it (although I don't think I would go to any of them if it cost me $100+ for that day).
    Frankly, there is less to do at EPCOT now than there was when it opened in 1982. It was still the 2nd most attended theme park in the world (next to MK) and the farthest in advance you could make reservations in the WS Restaurants was the day before if you were a resort guest. Future World is a joke compared to what it was.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

While Epcot is one of our favorite parks (due almost entirely to World Showcase,) with so little to do in Future World, it is a shame an entire Pavillion idly sits, virtually unused for years, except for staging events.

My son will be five on this upcoming trip and I suspect there will be little for him to do in Epcot. And not every park needs to be a kiddy park - I like the adult nature of Epcot - but the last thing you want on vacation is your youngest son protesting as the Epcot bus rolls in. (I am fearful after first trip there, he won't want to return.) At least Cranium Command was a cute attraction. I think they also had Food Rocks and the Circle of Life, but I may be mistaken.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Food Rocks was at The Land pavilion. It was scrapped in order to make way for Soarin'. Circle of Life is still running at The Land, as far as I know.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Food Rocks was at The Land pavilion. It was scrapped in order to make way for Soarin'. Circle of Life is still running at The Land, as far as I know.
    Thanks for the info. I think DS5 will LOVE Soarin'! I hope he enjoys enough there on our first visit he wants to return the remainder of the vacation.

Still, awful waste of a space not having Pavillion open.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheGarretts View Post
    Part of the re-opening would be re-theming for the Inside Out movie. From the trailers, I think it is going to be a hit.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is now a Giant Shopping Mall.

The worse thing they ever did was knock down the original attractions to make way for the huge "modern" attractions that get monotonous.

Imagine if they left the original attractions to complement the new ones:

• Horizons - then Mission Space
    • World of Motion - then go on Test Track
    • Universe of Energy - oh wait - that's still there lol
    • Food Rocks - Soarin? Doesn't even go together!!!
    • Cranium Command\Body Wars - NOTHING

Sadly - Epcot is a half day park for us - and one we have to go back twice for, if we want to fast pass Soarin & Test Track.

And the food isn't even enough to draw us back. I think in our next trip - we'll get rid of the park hoppers - not much of a reason to hop to Epcot any more
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    Part of the re-opening would be re-theming for the Inside Out movie. From the trailers, I think it is going to be a hit.
    It's a shame that it wasn't thought of........
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone mentioned that Journey Into Imagination might be redone with the Inside Out characters?

My DD and I were there Saturday, and she absolutely loves Figment and JII, but when we were leaving I wanted to buy her a replacement figment toy because we lost one that she loved. In the store at the end of the ride, no figment toys. Only Inside Out toys, and the move isn't even released yet. I did find her a figment in Mouseworks, but wanted to find out if anyone heard that Figment might be going away?
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

I hope not.... we LOVE Figment.

best,

..................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that Journey Into Imagination might be redone with the Inside Out characters?

My DD and I were there Saturday, and she absolutely loves Figment and JII, but when we were leaving I wanted to buy her a replacement figment toy because we lost one that she loved. In the store at the end of the ride, no figment toys. Only Inside Out toys, and the move isn't even released yet. I did find her a figment in Mouseworks, but wanted to find out if anyone heard that Figment might be going away?
    There have been several rumors regarding Imagination.... One rumor was the pavilion was supposed to close last year, January 2014... Never happened... Another rumor was the ride would rethemed to Phineas and Ferb... Well, that show is now ending, and it seems the craze surrounded P&F has died quicker than the High School Music craze... And the Muppets were discussed, but I'll chalk that up to online fanboy dreams and wishes...

If Inside Out is a success, and it appears it will be, and they were to do something in the theme park, DHS (Pixar Place is the first stop they should look at)... However, if they insist on the continuation of making Epcot Magic Kingdom version 2.0 by adding cartoon everywhere, then Wonders of Life is where it should go... but, they are very happy with WoL being closed (don't have to spend money on running an attraction, right up managements' alley!!!) and keeping it the activities center for the festivals (where they make boat loads more money and operational cost of the WoL pavilion would be less than if it were a 365 day operating pavilion)...

I think we'll see something done with Imagination, but what exactly is anyone's guess... With the way they think, more than likely, Journey Into Your Frozen Imagination with Olaf...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: