Quantcast Almost Disney, but not

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost Disney, but not

On my way to work this morning, I found myself listening to the 40s station on Satellite Radio because it reminded of the music that plays on the queue to Tower of Terror.

What non-Disney things remind you of Disney or get you excited for a trip to the world?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the 40s on 4 for that reason! Also bought the soundtrack from Midnight in Paris... We play it while making/eating dinner - feels like walking around World Showcase everytime
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, we were somewhere the other day, can't remember even where now but it was somewhere ordinary, and my son said it smelled like Disney World. He was referring to the baked goods smells they pump out on Main Street. Still can't remember where this was...???
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Ha ha, we were somewhere the other day, can't remember even where now but it was somewhere ordinary, and my son said it smelled like Disney World. He was referring to the baked goods smells they pump out on Main Street. Still can't remember where this was...???
    I love when that happens!!! There is a candy store near me that reminds me of the smell of the bakery. I will admit from time to time, I just go there to smell.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

My DD and I walked in a Macys and we smelled what we think smells just like walking into the Grand Floridian!!! We were in heaven!!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

There is a small waterfall in the lobby at my work...and the smell of it reminds me of splash moutain... *sigh* 158 days...
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I was eating lunch at the local mall last weekend. One of the counters, Charley's, offers Gourmet Fries that are almost Figaro Fries (remember them?); the only thing missing is the chopped tomato.

Anyway, I'm enjoying my lunch, imagining that I'm at the MK, thinking about what I'm going to do for the rest of my day. Then, I noticed something that convinced me I really was at the MK.

Chick-fil-A's mascot was walking around the food court, greeting kids. Did I mention that kids were running after the mascot for a photo?

But, I had to face reality. I was in Exton, PA, not the MK, and I had to go home to clean the kitchen, and feed the cat.

It's a good thing I already have a trip to WDW booked in 36 days, otherwise, I'd be emailing Wendy right now for a new reservation.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I was walking through the parking lot of a grocery store recently and I smelled something that reminded me of Big Thunder Mountain. I don't know what it was but I was transported to WDW immediately
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoy going to the Rita's Ice by us. Whenever they have pineapple ice, we get a "gelati" with the pineapple ice and vanilla ice cream. To us, it's the closest we'll get to a dole whip for awhile!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: