Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 13

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of this but realize no amount of complaining will change this... I just plan on walking straight on by, if everyone who dislikes this does the same I'm sure Starbucks won't be there too long to support an underperforming location!

That being said I'm sure there will be long lines and Starbucks will be here to stay.
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Starting to think that if Disney changed the brand of water sold at the parks that there'd be an outcry... Dasani??? I like Zepherhills! How can you drink that Poland Spring??? It's aweful. Evian is so much better. But stay away from the Aquafina. Then there'd be those who like tap water and think bottled water is un-natural.
    What's funny about this is that Dasani, Aquafina, etc. IS TAP water, from municipal water supplies. Yet we gladly pay out the nose for water that Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and other companies pay almost nothing for.
    Starbucks is not much different. although I have to admit, if you like coffee, anything is better than Nescafe.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

There are several brands of coffee that I would vote for before Starbucks, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    although I have to admit, if you like coffee, anything is better than Nescafe.
    YES!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know?

So what's happening with the bakery? Is there just not going to be a bakery to buy pastries and candy and fudge? Surely we're not going to be subjected to the dry, day-old tasting pastries from Starbucks?
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

This is exactly what I was wondering?? We always go there for a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich! Will they still be serving all of these things?
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinKy View Post
    So what's happening with the bakery? Is there just not going to be a bakery to buy pastries and candy and fudge? Surely we're not going to be subjected to the dry, day-old tasting pastries from Starbucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by garthbarth1 View Post
    This is exactly what I was wondering?? We always go there for a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich! Will they still be serving all of these things?
    The bakery is going down for a much needed refurbishment.. Think, rotted wood and crumbling infrastructure... It is just part of the sprucing up of Main Street...

As for the Starbucks portion, Starbucks is only sponsoring the bakery... The name will stay Main Street bakery... As for the items, several items won't be sold there anymore but will be (and already are) available in other locations... however, a portion of the Disney treats will stay and be sold along side Starbucks pastries and treats...

For a reference, check out the Starbucks in DCA... That is how it will be (or should be) in WDW...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default so sad

McDonalds, Starbucks...I guess Walmart is next. I don't really need to buy a park ticket and travel to Orlando for this.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would add... We actually really enjoy the Nescafé coffee at the resorts. It's really mild and flavorful.
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinKy View Post
    Thought I would add... We actually really enjoy the Nescafé coffee at the resorts. It's really mild and flavorful.
    Seriously?

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't had a good coffee post in a while ... I went through the thread again and noticed we never posted concept art pictures... Then I thought, we never got any concept art pictures that I remember... Well, on another site I visit, someone posted a picture of the concept art...

For those worrying about the MSB getting a Starbucks look... I can tell you, from the picture, that is not going to be the case... In fact, the bakery pretty much looks the same, just... refreshed... A much needed refreshing... Also sounds like Disney will be hiring the CMs... They are beginning to interview internal CMs for the positions and are looking for 100 CMs for the new location...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    For those worrying about the MSB getting a Starbucks look... I can tell you, from the picture, that is not going to be the case... In fact, the bakery pretty much looks the same, just... refreshed... A much needed refreshing... Also sounds like Disney will be hiring the CMs... They are beginning to interview internal CMs for the positions and are looking for 100 CMs for the new location...
    That's good to hear/read. I was truly hoping they wouldn't lose the atmosphere of the MSB.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    We haven't had a good coffee post in a while ... I went through the thread again and noticed we never posted concept art pictures... Then I thought, we never got any concept art pictures that I remember... Well, on another site I visit, someone posted a picture of the concept art...

For those worrying about the MSB getting a Starbucks look... I can tell you, from the picture, that is not going to be the case... In fact, the bakery pretty much looks the same, just... refreshed... A much needed refreshing... Also sounds like Disney will be hiring the CMs... They are beginning to interview internal CMs for the positions and are looking for 100 CMs for the new
    location...
    I was only able to fine one concept art photo. Looks the same? Looks dark and dreary to me.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: