Quantcast Laundry machines question? - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
sheraton vistana resort
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Default Laundry machines question?

We're staying at CBR and I expect to have to do a couple loads of laundry through the week. What do the machines run on - quarters? And if so, where can I get change? (I could bring a couple rolls with me, but they'd be Canadian, and I'm not sure the machines would take them. I always assumed they were identical - but we have a self-pay machine at our grocery store that won't "register" American coins - they just drop straight through to the coin return!)

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 03-17-2012, 01:47 PM

Washers and dryers cost $2 in quarters per load. There is typically a change machine in the laundry room that can change $1, $5, and $10 bills. BUT, they rarely work. On our most recent trip the change machine would not work and we had to go to the front desk to get quarters. If you know you're going to be doing laundry, you might just want to stop by the front desk sometime when it's convenient and get a roll of quarters.

Steve

Most Recent Visit:
Disneyland - Oct 31 - Nov 5

Next up:
WDW - Sept 29 - Oct 11, 2014
Old 03-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Imagineer

I've never tried Canadian quarters!

Laundry is actually super-easy at Disney, the machines work fairly well, and it is great to be able to reduce the packing. We often do it, swim (and DH enjoys the resort bar).

We've only had the change machine not work once, and the front desk was prepared with tons of quarters.

Engaged at the castle!
My Disney Home is POFQ

August 2014 - countdown is on!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Senior Cast Member

they run on quarters. only have tried US $$ not sure if i would take my chance on anything else. my only advice, and i learned the hard way, make sure you bring more than twice the amount of quarters you need b/c sometimes a machine will rip you off and you have to go all the way back to the room to get more quarters. also i bought those sheets that has detergent, fabric softener in one... instead of toting around baggies of detergent or buying it from the vending machines. i got like a pack of 3 for $1 at walmart year before last..
Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
they also i bought those sheets that has detergent, fabric softener in one... instead of toting around baggies of detergent or buying it from the vending machines. i got like a pack of 3 for $1 at walmart year before last..
I'd forgotten about those - great tip! Last time I brought a tupperware container of detergent - it was inconvenient and I didn't have enough. The time before I bought from the machines and it was very expensive.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Cast Member

I buy these trial size laundry sheets and make sure there is a pack in every suitcase BEFORE I put it away from last travel. This way I always have some ready to go.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Imagineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
We're staying at CBR and I expect to have to do a couple loads of laundry through the week. What do the machines run on - quarters? And if so, where can I get change? (I could bring a couple rolls with me, but they'd be Canadian, and I'm not sure the machines would take them. I always assumed they were identical - but we have a self-pay machine at our grocery store that won't "register" American coins - they just drop straight through to the coin return!)
The coins have different weights.

You will have no problem getting US quarters from either the change machines available in the laundry rooms, or at the front desk. US currency should be used in the US.

I always buy a package of the Purell laundry sheets before we travel (the ones that are soap and fabric softener) ... so easy and convenient to use, and they don't take up much room in your suitcase.

Last trip: Dec 2013 - POR Royal Room
Next trip: August 2014 - BWV and HardRock
First Cruise! Fantasy - Christmas 2014

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Share This Thread On Social Media: