Quantcast College kids

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: College kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default College kids

Are there any "hot spots" for college age kids to go at night. A group of us will be in WDW world for a week and we probably won't be spending every night at the parks. We aren't 21 either, so any place with alcohol is out of the question. Any help would be appreciated.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure what you're looking for. WDW is not a real party spot for college kids. There aren't underage clubs and I don't recommend getting loud or crazy at any of the resorts. It's a very family atmosphere, with some great spots for adults too. The in-between ages might seem a little left out, but there are plenty of opportunities to make your own fun both in and out of parks.

Do some resort-hopping, shopping and snacking. Some counter service places in resorts are 24 hour for pre-made items. Downtown Disney is open later. Not sure how late mini-golf is open. Pools are open late. You might also check out some of the things that Fort Wilderness has to offer. Some resorts offer campfire and movies on the beach. Raglan Road and House of Blues have live music (and allow all ages in). There's a place at the Boardwalk that is stocked with board games. And during EMH, parks are open late.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Pools are good as long as you are all respectful enough to not get yourselves kicked out
    If by "hot spot" you mean a place to chill with kids your own age, I'd recommend Downtown Disney. Great place just to hang out, especially at night. There is a huge movie theater there if you'd be interested in that.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you certain you wont be spending every night in the parks?

Personally, even as a college kid (which btw was only 5 years ago for me) I wanted to spend AMTAP (As Much Time As Possible) in the parks while there, as did all my friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Are you certain you wont be spending every night in the parks?

Personally, even as a college kid (which btw was only 5 years ago for me) I wanted to spend AMTAP (As Much Time As Possible) in the parks while there, as did all my friends.

I went junior year of college (in 2007, again not long ago) with a bunch of friends and our best time was staying at MK until 2am for Extra magic hours. Take advantage of the parks!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I went with a couple of friends for spring break last year. We were all 19 at the time. The majority of our time was definitely spent in the parks. Take advantage of the park time. The only night we didn't stay in a park until close was the night we arrived and that was simply because we didn't want to waste a days ticket for one evening. That night we opted for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. After dinner and some exploration of the GF, we hopped the monorail over to the Poly and got a hammock and chairs on the beach to watch Wishes. Have fun!
    Erin- WDW College Program Alumni and current WDW Seasonal Merchandise CM- The Art of Disney Gallery/Wonderful World of Memories/Disney Days of Christmas @ Downtown Disney Marketplace șOș

Last Trip: June 4-6, 2010 @ CBR- Pirate Room!

Next Trip: Spring Break 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately outside of the parks, there isnt a lot of nightlife for under 21 crowd with the closing of Pleasure Island. At least PI had some 18+ clubs.

Non-park things to do are ESPN Club at Boardwalk, Cirque De Soleil, explore the shops in DTD, late dinner and dessert at one of the DTD restaurants, and Atlantic Dance Hall at Boardwalk is 18+ some nights unless it changed recently to 21+. Hanging out at the pool area, game room area, or lobby area at the resorts also.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend the House of Blues in DTD. They have great live music and, as a previous poster mentioned, the shows are all ages.

Check their website before you go - they post who will be playing when, and you can buy tickets ahead of time if you want to.
    1978 - Off-site
    1997 - Disneyland
    1999 - Disneyland
    2002 - FW Campground
    2004 - Disneyland Paris
    2005 - Disneyland
    2008 - Disneyland
    2010 - POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

At night go to DTD. When we were there in January. There was a DJ palying music outside with lots of people dancing. This was not inside any of the bars. You can catch a bite to eat, shop then top it all off at Ghiradelli's with an awesome hot fudge sundae.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bruin1344 View Post
    Unfortunately outside of the parks, there isnt a lot of nightlife for under 21 crowd with the closing of Pleasure Island. At least PI had some 18+ clubs.

Non-park things to do are ESPN Club at Boardwalk, Cirque De Soleil, explore the shops in DTD, late dinner and dessert at one of the DTD restaurants, and Atlantic Dance Hall at Boardwalk is 18+ some nights unless it changed recently to 21+. Hanging out at the pool area, game room area, or lobby area at the resorts also.
    whats your opinion on the Atlantic Dance Hall? I would like to try that out next time i go down.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and by the way I have heard Jellyrolls is a great place to go for anyone above 21. I know this doesnt help the original poster but others maybe

Post Thanks / Like

OK - Downtown Disney at night is a great place to hang-out and cruise whatever it is you're looking for. I'd go to the area between the Ghirardelli Soda Shop (yum) and the House of Blues...that's a lot of territory to wander.

Also, the parks (specifically the Magic Kingdom) is a great park to be in during Extra magic Hours lat at night. If you have parents, you've got to talk them into letting you go by yourself. Get free. There are lots of people one can meet in the parks to hang out with...especially in the summer. There are many Florida residents in the area that have season passes and may be there with people your age...no parents. You know how it is--anything is cool if you're doing it with people your age.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: