Quantcast Episode 32 - Goofy Can't Be Trusted - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    Yes the mask in the food court are......weird but considering I'm to busy looking down at my beignets or bread pudding - I really don't notice them.
    Oh, but rest assured they are watching you. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    I was pretty geeky in high school which might explain a few things. My dh has always said one of the things he liked about me (yes we dated in high school) was that I was the only girl he ever met that could quote Star Wars. And not just the general "May the Force Be With You." And I knew about Xmen comics.
    This would be my husband and myself with sports. Sci Fi - I'm lost, but I can talk sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl
    I'm 100% Team Mel on the French Quarter. I lice the size of the resort, but that food court is just creepy.

Best resort theme...that's tough. I think I have to go AK. I won't stay there again, but the whole resort oozes Africa. It is really beautiful.
    I was beginning to think I was the only one re: FQ.

And you hit the nail on the head with the resort theme. Not necessarily your favorite, but which resort pulls off it's theme the best. AKL is a great choice!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I just figured out what Disney is trying to pull off with the Triple Yeti Blast. Yellow, Red and White aren’t those Gryffindor colors, with a little snow mixed in? haha

By the way I’m with Team John, love Port Orleans French Quarter.

Speaking of choosing teams is the Great Stroller Race of 2012 on the addenda for ICOT15 with Team Melanie and Team Ian at rope drop racing to grab (now NextGen) fast passes for Soarin’?
    Lee

DL '13
    POFQ '11
    ASMu '08
    POP '07
    ASMo '05
    DCL Magic '00
    POFQ '96
    POFQ '92
    Poly '80
    Fort Wilderness '78
    Poly '76

Post Thanks / Like

My inner female-nerd didn't come out until I married my husband. His name on the boards, btw, "Plex," is from the Star Trek collectable card game (if that explains anything). And now he and I are working on getting through all of Deep Space Nine together. I was resistant at first... and I'll never admit it to him in person - but it is kinda awesome! So now thats BSG and DS9 he's sold me on ... well that and nerd-gaming . Point is, maybe some girls need a full on nerd to let their inner nerd out!

Best WDW resort theming (IMO) is totally The Boardwalk. I mean, they really pulled out all the stops on that one. Between the games and the performers, and the way it is set up, and the creepy clown pool - I think it totally captures the old-time North Atlantic Boardwalks of old.

I have to say, even though it isn't at WDW - The theming at Vero Beach is AMAZING too. I took pictures of the little details and they hid maps and sunken treasure everywhere. I know it is sort of a cop-out to pick that as my favorite (because it is a beach resort themed to be a ... beach resort), but it goes in the top because of the attention to detail! Oh man, wish I were there RIGHT NOW!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

1. My first podcast shout out! I feel famous.

2. Team Mel all the way! POFQ is the only mod we've not yet tried. Why? Because I simply cannot get past that food court decor. It is horrendous. It's a complete theme cop out. Instead of trying to actually replicate the feel of Mardi Gras or the look of the celebration they just hang giant masks, beads, and candy from a warehouse ceiling and call it a day. Because the rest of the resort is gorgeous the food court kind of leaves you feeling like they ran out of creative energy and just slapped some stuff together.

3. Like Ian I was torn between Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I'm going with Wilderness Lodge. It's not my favorite resort, but the theme is so well executed. It's really carried throughout the resort. The lobby, the fireplaces, the rocking chairs, the CM outfits, the music, the geyser, the bike trails, the campfire and marshmallow roast, the lincoln logs play area in Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's like the literally thought of everything and I especially appreciate the small details.

Thanks for another great podcast!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go with the Grand Floridian for best resort theme. I know practically no one will agree with me. But for me, if there are people who feel that it's too snobby for them, it works for me. Keep on keeping out the rabble, GF. (I'm kidding. But I do love the GF).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I feel honored to be banned with darthmacho.

So much to talk about.

First, thanks so much to John for his report on the Fantasy. I really want to go on a Disney cruise.

Best resort theming

I am going to have to go with Ian and say Animal Kingdom Lodge. Particularly Kidani. We just came back from Kidani and I was really impressed how the details are carried through the resort including halls, restaurant and pool area. It is not my favorite resort to stay at, but best theming for sure followed by Wilderness Lodge.

Team John versus Team Mel.

That's a hard one. I totally understand where Mel is coming from on the food court. Not well done at all. And Coronado is beautiful especially the Cabana section.But I think I have to give the edge to POFQ. The buildings, fountains, courtyards and cobblestone roads just totally capture the feeling of an idealized French Quarter to me.

Girl Geeks

Not sure if I'm a girl geek. I remember watching the original Star Trek reruns with my dad and watched all the other incarnation of the series, but have never seen the animated one.

However, I adore Joss Whedon. He is truly an incredible writer.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely an outstanding show!

Now, I need to make an appeal that you don't ban me for being mentioned twice within one show...I don't want to meet the fate of the one who shall name nameless...

Great job! Keep up the good work.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestion?

Loved the last few podcasts... I listen while I work from home and usually end up listening to them a few times each - feels like I am just hangin with friends while I work!

and..when one of you mentioned that someone mentioned the Handwich being sold at the LaunchPad...that was me!!

I wondered if you take discussion requests?? or maybe direct me to where the discussion already exists...

What is the story of Intercot? Where did it come from? Maybe something for the 15th anniversary show?

and..thanks to ALL of you who are committed to enabling my inner Disney Geek....it sounds like JOHN gets the biggest shout-out!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Listened to the Podcast again for the 6th time...You are right Goofy can't be trusted!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Checked in at Boardwalk yesterday for our first stay and...

we're right under the crest of the wave! Gary's right, perfect spot!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for another great Podcast. I hope that recording it is as much fun as listening to it.

I almost couldn't decide on my favorite resort theme - but I'll say the Poly. I've only actually ever stayed at three resorts (CR-incl. BLT, WL and Poly) and visited another three (GF, AKL, FW), so I don't have the excuse of too many to choose from. I was torn between AKL, WL, Poly and GF.

Anyway, what was that mysterious noise when Mel's call was dropped? You never mentioned what it was.

I felt bad for Gary because of how he sounded when he mentioned being in close proximity to bread pudding at the PO resorts. You knew that he can't partake of it. I actually make a really good Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese bread (savory) pudding for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And Mel wasn't insulting New Orleans, just the creepy masks.

By the way, the Tamu Tamu Refreshments is across from the Tusker House and it's where people who have been turned away from the Tusker House go to eat. It's actually pretty good. I had a Tandoori Chicken Salad in November and it was tasty.

The Lottery - I think that the lottery gods are laughing at me. Back around Christmas, a winning Powerball ticket was purchased in my town, Elkton, MD, about 5-10 minutes from my house. Then about six weeks ago, a winning Powerball ticket was sold five minutes from where I used to live in NJ. That ticket was purchased in Little Silver, NJ.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah - the mysterious noise.

That was me having 2 computers up and running both with Skype. So, when she dropped, skype does an auto call back. Problem is even though my main computer picked it up, it kept ringing on my laptop (which I often use to look things up or sometimes for sound effects during the show).

Definately strange.

Anyway, sometimes we like to keep stuff like this in the show to give you a "look behind the scenes".

I could have easily edited all that out in a few seconds for a "technically perfect podcast", but sometimes the reactions to problems are classic and humor filled - so in most cases, I let things be. Unless Ian curses - which is quite often.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Unless Ian curses - which is quite often.
    That is SO not true!!! I think it happened maybe twice ... three times at the most! Maybe four. Could be five, but I doubt it. Seriously, six max. Seven at the outside. Possibly eight, but I really don't think so. Nine tops.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That is SO not true!!! I think it happened maybe twice ... three times at the most! Maybe four. Could be five, but I doubt it. Seriously, six max. Seven at the outside. Possibly eight, but I really don't think so. Nine tops.
    Yep - we'll go with that.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink A Suggestion...

Maybe John could leave in the "Ian Curses" but overdub them with a unique sound, like maybe a duck quack, or a horn toot. That way we'd all know exactly how many transgressions Ian makes per episode. It'd be hilarious as well!

Anxiously awaiting Episode 33!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    Maybe John could leave in the "Ian Curses" but overdub them with a unique sound, like maybe a duck quack, or a horn toot. That way we'd all know exactly how many transgressions Ian makes per episode. It'd be hilarious as well!

Anxiously awaiting Episode 33!
    How about a Goofy-style, "GAWRSH!!!!"
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

With The Avengers grossing $1 billion internationally at the box office already I'd say that maybe the Avengerail wasn't so horrible. After all they are not only the owner of Marvel now but also the film's distributor. So they are getting a tidy profit of a film that was produced by a different studio.

My point being: Disney actually did something that made money that didn't involve tween girls or Pixar.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    So they are getting a tidy profit of a film that was produced by a different studio.

My point being: Disney actually did something that made money that didn't involve tween girls or Pixar.

Kinda sorta. Yes, they aren't out the expense of actually producing the film, but there's still that nagging $4 Billion expense of purchasing Marvel...

Still, no 'tween girls is a very, very good thing.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    Kinda sorta. Yes, they aren't out the expense of actually producing the film, but there's still that nagging $4 Billion expense of purchasing Marvel...

Still, no 'tween girls is a very, very good thing.

Steve
    Don't forget merchandising profits (Hasbro paid 1/4 billion for that a few years ago), licencing profits (from Uni), all the shows on Disney XD, plus DVD sales of those shows, video games, then Cable, DVD and VOD for the Avengers alone...

I hated it when Disney bought Marvel. It seemed like the cross of two things I loved, but in a bad way. However, right now I think Marvel's earnings potential makes a huge difference for Disney. Maybe it'll offset some of their losses from John Carter.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Don't forget merchandising profits (Hasbro paid 1/4 billion for that a few years ago), licencing profits (from Uni), all the shows on Disney XD, plus DVD sales of those shows, video games, then Cable, DVD and VOD for the Avengers alone...
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that the $4B is a good investment overall for TDC. I was just trying to say that movies alone aren't going to offset the investment any time soon - although Avengers won't hurt. As you rightly note, it's the licensing aspect of the Marvel deal that will make the most money for TDC.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: