Quantcast Stupid things people say...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stupid things people say...

This kind of thread has been started on Intercot many times - don't really mean to start a new one, but...

Don't you ALWAYS hear really stupid things from strangers when you go to WDW?

This time, we were standing right outside Morocco in WS, and this fellow was saying "O, here we are in Mexico!" (I can almost understand this one, but then comes the reply...) "This isn't Mexico! It's GERMANY!"

Makes you wonder what kind of world these guys live in!

Another one heard this time..."Which of these monorails goes to Animal Kingdom?"
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know alot of people think this but, it drives me crazy when people consider the Magic Kingdom, Disney World. In other words, the other parks are not included, MK is strictly Disney World.

Such a minor thing, I know, it just bugs me...lol.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    I know alot of people think this but, it drives me crazy when people consider the Magic Kingdom, Disney World. In other words, the other parks are not included, MK is strictly Disney World.

Such a minor thing, I know, it just bugs me...lol.
    couldnt agree more!
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, I have so many.
    "We're sorry sir, but your fastpass is invalid."
    "Invalid?! I stood in line for 30 minutes to get this thing!"
    "Did you have have any others at the time?"
    "Yes-...oh."

*Standing in line to get into the Magic Kingdom* "So what, is this Epcot or whatever we're at today?"

And just the simple fact of how impatient people are while at WDW. Just enjoy your time. Stop being so mad 24/7.

One little spark of inspiration...

Natazu Guest

My favorite one is "they can take the castle down during a hurricane".

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this before, but a funny one I heard in September:

Couple walks up to the parking lot tram at AK and asks the operator: "Does this stop at All Star Music?"

Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the Settlement at FW waiting for a bus to our cabin when the flood of people from Hoop De Doo came out and needed transportation. One woman leans onto a bus and says "does this bus go to Fort Wilderness?" and the bus driver, without hesitation and in a very heavy southern drawl says "ma'am, this is Fort Wilderness." Lol, it was great!
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE when people mix up MGM and Universal. I understand why they might but it STILL bugs me tons!!
    DisneyMomx2 (aka Jen)
    Proud Mommy to
    Amanda and Alyssa.
    "Been there, done that, GOIN BACK!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Teeanager with his arm around the Statue of Roy Disney and Minnie (while his mother is filming) "I am sitting here with Mr. Walt Disney"

I could understand if there was not a plaque right next to his feet that has Roy's opening day speech.

########################################
    Just thought of one that we may hear in the future based on another thread I was reading.

"What do you mean these are fake Fastpasses I paid $300 for them on e-bay!!"
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't what stupid people say but it really upset me and it's pretty stupid. On our last visit at MK wishes had just finished, we were sitting at the tables in front Casey's waiting for the crowd to clear out and the cleaning crew was literally following the crowd out the door pushing the loud street cleaners. Like they couldn't wait to get the people out. It really killed the magic. Wouldn't Walt just flip!

Post Thanks / Like

The one I hear alot is that WDW is called Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

This happened on our last trip at the MK. With the line much shorter, I watched a real smart guy herd his family onto the express monorail, claiming they would beat the crowd back to the Cont. I guess they where surprised as it passed right through and headed to the TTC
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite and it cracked me up..was as we were taking the ME, we passed all these hotels and one was a hotel we were spliting our stay with later on during our vacation, Marriott World Center.

Anywho, as we drove past it, this mother pointed and goes, "Look! It's the Tower Of Terror!" Then everyone in the group nods in agreement.

My DBF leaned in and said to me, "I just hope when we check in that the elevator doesn't drop us!"
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

We just got home yesterday from our anniversary trip! It was wonderful.... and of course we heard quite a few comments that made us chuckle... here's just a few that really stuck in my head...

-While walking through MGM: a little girl says, "Mommy where's the castle?" To which the Mother replies, "Oh, that's over in Walt Disney World... that's where we were yesterday."

-In EPCOT: a child asked his father, "Can we go on the big ball?" To which the Father replies, "No son, that's not a ride, it's just a thing."

-While walking to our bus stop at Magic Kingdom: "Look hon, there's the Animal Kingdom Hotel." (pointing to the Poly!)

I love hearing these comments... DH & I get a kick out of them!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

tink55 Guest

My all time favorite was the rushed and stressed out dad who told his family "From now on, it's three parks a day." He was apparently afraid they wouldn't manage to see everything... and he sure didn't look like he was enjoying himself.

Now whenever we get a little rushed and forget to have fun & relax, someone in my family will say "Three parks a day!" and that reminds us to slow down.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago, we were leaving WDW, passing by the Studios, at that place where you can see the back side of Tower of Terror so clearly. One guy in our party said "So sorry I never got a look-see of the Animal Kingdom Lodge over there." Not kidding.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amorillo View Post
    We just got home yesterday from our anniversary trip! It was wonderful.... and of course we heard quite a few comments that made us chuckle... here's just a few that really stuck in my head...

-While walking through MGM: a little girl says, "Mommy where's the castle?" To which the Mother replies, "Oh, that's over in Walt Disney World... that's where we were yesterday."

-In EPCOT: a child asked his father, "Can we go on the big ball?" To which the Father replies, "No son, that's not a ride, it's just a thing."

-While walking to our bus stop at Magic Kingdom: "Look hon, there's the Animal Kingdom Hotel." (pointing to the Poly!)

I love hearing these comments... DH & I get a kick out of them!
    Well, he shouldn't feel bad. My first two trips to Epcot, I rode SSE both times and never realized it was in big ball. The third time, I was like, "hey there's a ride in here". My mom looked at me and said, "Johns Hopkins, huh?"

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I were on the Haunted Mansion on a recent trip without the kids.

There was a small child that clearly did not want to be on this ride. She was crying loudly, and Dad was starting to get stressed as we waited to board the Tomb Buggys. So he said to her, "It's fun! It's funny!". Pretty insincerely, too.

Needless to say, she wasn't buying his pitch.

When we were there last week, we must have repeated that line at least once a day.
    John/kmo84

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think alot of these comments are stupid. Some of them just don't know everything about WDW. I think it makes some of us here on intercot sound like snobs because we laugh at their innocent mistakes..
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

When DH and I went in '98, the Magic Kingdom park maps were color-coded (don't know if they still are or not), where each land had a color. We were waiting in line for HM and the group behind us was discussing where to go next. But they didn't use the land names, they used the colors, so they were saying "Well, we did all of pink land and orange land and we have one thing left in blue land..." We still talk about visiting pink land and the others when we go.
    "Wind the frog!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: