Quantcast Packing to Resort Hop

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Packing to Resort Hop

This will be the first trip ever we are resort hopping. We will be staying at the Boardwalk for two nights followed by 4 nights at the Grand Floridian. Does anybody have any tips for packing for this type of trip? I have a Hey's carry-on suitcase that I was thinking about packing for the Boardwalk. I just don't want to have to unpack and repack and unpack EVERYthing. Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We are resort hopping as well! I hadn't even thought about this! I really like the idea of packing a bag for one resort and a bag for another. Thanks for posting this!
    Kimberly
    Several times since 1989 as a kid
    March 2009 - Coronado Springs (Husband's first trip)
    June 2009 - Beach Club
    June 2012 - All Star Music/Animal Kingdom Lodge
    June 2015 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I couldn't imagine packing two suit cases for two resorts.

I would just pack one and be done with it as it would be less to lug around.

Just my opinon....
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We are resort hopping to a few resorts at the end of the summer. My mom is traveling with us and since she's just one person she'll just pack one bag for the whole trip. I will have to pack for myself and my two sons. Normally I'd pack one bag for each of us, but I am going to pack according to resort instead. This way I only have to go digging in one bag each day. I can't imagine having to sort through all three of our bags every day.

I did this in December when we stayed at Universal first. At Universal I only took down one piece of luggage. I had packed for all 4 of us in that one large piece for the two nights we were at Universal. It worked well. We had just enough clothes for that part of our stay, and then I just left the bag with the used clothes in the car during the Disney part of the trip.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    I would just pack one and be done with it as it would be less to lug around.

:
    It would only be less to lug around if you can fit everything for everyone traveling in one bag. For three of us, myself and my two son's, I'll have to have multiple bags anyway. No way I can fit all our clothes into one bag. It will be easier for me to only have to deal with one bag at a time. I may even only take the one bag down that I'll need at each resort, leaving the rest in the car.

If we were staying at one resort for the whole trip I'd actually unpack everything the first night and not "live out of the suitcases". But with us only staying in one resort for 3 nights at a time it doesn't pay to unpack it all. I just can't imagine having to deal with digging through three bags each day, so for my situtation packing for each resort will save me time in the long run.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to be misunderstood.

For one bag for a person would be acceptable to me, but when you have that many people the process may work better. When I was married it was alway tough for the wife to pack for the two of us in one bag. My kids always had to have their own bags ( being girls ) with all of there hair dryers and such.

Sometimes I thought I was going to need a trailer just to handle the luggage. Aaaa, those were the days.....

Bottom line what ever works and you will be in the happiest place in the world.. Happy planning.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    Sometimes I thought I was going to need a trailer just to handle the luggage. Aaaa, those were the days.....

:
    Oh yes, there are times I think we might need a trailer to haul all our stuff too!!! With girls I totally get them wanting their own bags. I have two boys, they don't even know what is packed for them till we get there, so packing us together when I can (like for split stays) isn't a biggie with them. LOL.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

When I am going to multiple destinations in one trip I will use one suitcase; however, I will put all of the "First Stop" stuff into a plastic bag within the suitcase. Then I can just pull that stuff out when I get to the first hotel.

If you are going to have more than one suitcase anyway, I would probably use buzzandwoodysmom's approach.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: