Quantcast Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Halloween Treat Revealed for 2018

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Halloween Treat Revealed for 2018

The Magic Kingdom has announced their annual Halloween Treat for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom:

... this year, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom fans can pick up an event-exclusive game card inspired by Orange Bird!

Name:  smo2394820349234fi-624x352.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  34.0 KB

As the storyline behind the card goes: During one of his walks through the Adventureland, Merlin met the adorable Orange Bird. Merlin was so taken with the little fellow, that he created a brand new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom spell in his honor.

On this new “Orange Bird’s Juice-o-Lanterns” spell card, Orange Bird celebrates Halloween in his own, sunny way by creating “Juice-o-Lanterns,” drawing funny faces on the oranges that grow near the Sunshine Tree.

This special event card will be distributed separately (and in addition to) the regular Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card packs guests are given at this location. Guests must register to play with their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks PopPhan, Jeff, Isabella thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, Isabella liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be making sure to get one in October!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I will be making sure to get one in October!!!!
    Ditto!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

7. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Ditto!
    Do you collect these cards??? I just started collecting them last year... Way behind, I know LOL...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of this.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you pick them up? It just references "this location" above, not where you go.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Where do you pick them up? It just references "this location" above, not where you go.
    The Firehouse.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

12. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you collect these cards??? I just started collecting them last year... Way behind, I know LOL...
    Actually, I am way behind as well. Just got my 'starter pack' on my last visit in April.

(What I HAVE been collecting are the beer cards at the Taphouse in DHS!! LOL)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

14. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    The Firehouse.
    Thank you!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I love this years card! I'm gonna have 1 'play' card and 1 'keep' card, this card is just sooo cute!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Actually, I am way behind as well. Just got my 'starter pack' on my last visit in April.

(What I HAVE been collecting are the beer cards at the Taphouse in DHS!! LOL)
    Same here, I am very behind... But I plan on going to get more starter packs this October.... along with the Orange Bird card, or two, or three LOL...

If you have any doubles, and feel like trading, let me know... Hit me up and let's see if we have anything we may need.... That goes for all who collect these cards!!!!

****wonder if we can get a dedicated Sorcers of the Magic Kingdom Trading Card Collectors thread???? That way we can all post what we have and need and see if anyone wants to trade...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a single card yet, but the one posted here is adorable. Do you buy the starter packs or can you only pick up the cards around MK? I'm clueless. I would be happy to do some trading if I end up with anything that others are interested in!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I just went and educated myself on the whole thing. We'll give this a try when we're there! I remember seeing people playing it, but couldn't people to slow down enough to check it out (especially DH). I think the girls will love it!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I don't have a single card yet, but the one posted here is adorable. Do you buy the starter packs or can you only pick up the cards around MK? I'm clueless. I would be happy to do some trading if I end up with anything that others are interested in!
    It's free to play, unless you buy cards on eBay... Just go to the firehouse, tell the Cast Member you want to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom... They give you a starter pack, explain how you play, and let you play a demo portal... They zap your magic band to register, and off you go...

Post Thanks / Like

Just go to the firehouse, tell the Cast Member you want to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom... They give you a starter pack.
    You can get the starter pack of cards even if you don't want to play the game and it's still free.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    You can get the starter pack of cards even if you don't want to play the game and it's still free.
    Ohhh I know... I know...

***received several starter packs and never played once....

23. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DH would *love* that card ... so if anyone picks one up but doesn't want to keep it ... I know of a good home. That is one cute card!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We all got the Orange Bird cards and two starter packs. The girls played the game on one of our MK days and got a huge kick out of it. We did one whole round, but passed on doing more. We thought the game would be finished after we hit the last location, but it sends you back to the first location. We didn't want to spend the whole day going back and forth to portals. How many times do you go through the locations before you finally finish the game? Also, is it the same game each time, or does it change each time you play?
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: