Quantcast Hairspray (2007) [Merged Threads]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hairspray (2007) [Merged Threads]

Although the original was phenomenal and was definitely a piece of cinematic history, and it does bother me that in all the interviews I have seen no one mentions the original cast, director, nothing, I am excited to see Disney cutie Zack Efron in his roll! Is anyone else looking forward to this premier?

Check out the Official Hairspray Yahoo Movie page for trailers and all the normal pre-release stuff.

Here are the 2 best posters (in my opinion! )
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Michael, Dakota and I are totally excited to see this movie. That and Harry Potter are our two movies we are longing to finnaly open. We saw Hairspray on Broadway last summer and just fell in love with it. I think this movie has a terrific cast and will be very entertaining.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm sooooo excited for this!!!

I heard that on the soundtrack for the movie all of the Tracys - Nikki Blonsky, Marissa Jaret Winkour, and Rikki Lake perform "I'm a Big Girl Now."

Does anyone know if the secret track "Blood on the Pavement" from the Broadway soundtrack is going to be in the movie? It's such a morbid song, but its one of my favorites. It makes me laugh every time!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up near Baltimore and have a soft spot for John Waters. I just can't believe this is being remade. John Waters captured the funny side of Bmore in his movies, they were so easy to laugh with, especially if you are from here and catch the inside jokes. I guess a remake of pink flamingos is in the works too?
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    I heard that on the soundtrack for the movie all of the Tracys - Nikki Blonsky, Marissa Jaret Winkour, and Rikki Lake perform "I'm a Big Girl Now."
    That's pretty cool. Marissa Jaret Winkour used to be my next door neighbor when I first moved to Hollywood. Many years later she came back to LA to do the role for her LA friends, which was a great show, and she was great in the role. I've watched a few clips of the movie, and I'm looking forward to this film as well. The lead actress for the film also looks to be very good.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

DD10 (Kourtney) can't wait to see this movie. She is so obsessed with Zac Efron. I look forward to watching it with her.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Default John Travolta in a Dress! HAHAHAH LOL!

This movie Hairspray is coming out soon, and i got to ask is everybody comfortable with the fact that John Travolta wears a dress and wears Make-up?

lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm comfortable with it. It was pretty funny to see him in the ads. He looks better than I expected!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harlowandthemermaid View Post
    I grew up near Baltimore and have a soft spot for John Waters. I just can't believe this is being remade. John Waters captured the funny side of Bmore in his movies, they were so easy to laugh with, especially if you are from here and catch the inside jokes. I guess a remake of pink flamingos is in the works too?
    ummm... They made a movie of a musical that was a movie.

I have no words for John Tavolta in drag other than

I don't think anyone could ever remake Pink Flamingo's even if they tried. There's no way that the John Waters/ Divine combo could be duplicated.
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFREAK101 View Post
    This movie Hairspray is coming out soon, and i got to ask is everybody comfortable with the fact that John Travolta wears a dress and wears Make-up?

lol
    I have seen the stage production twice and believe me, he is the best looking Edna I have seen! Having that role played by a man really adds to the humor of the play. Judging by the previews I have seen, John Travolta is going to do a great job with it. We are so excited that we are on needle and pins now waiting!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula766 View Post
    ummm... They made a movie of a musical that was a movie.
    Just like the producers!

I can't wait for this movie!!!
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for this movie! I just saw the show on Broadway a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized this movie opens next week! this hasn't been a bad summer of movies...

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - next Friday!! I predict that my daughter and I see it twice next weekend!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not crazy about Travolta. But there is something alluring about Zac Efrons voice lol. Oh I can't wait to see it!
    HONEYMOON! Coronado Springs Oct. 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi everyone,

I saw a sneak preview Hairspray last night it was great, tons of music and dance numbers, ten times more than the orginal. For some reason I still like the orginal better though (maybe cause I'm tired of remakes). But anyways John Travolta was hilarious, Chris Walken was awesome per usual(yes, he sings and dances!), Michelle Pfeiffer was amazing and she looked amazing also. Queen Latifah was great. Elijah Kelley was another that stood out. James Marsden was also hilarious. Nikki Blonsky did good for her first starring role. And Amanda Bynes was good also. I'm just mentioning what I thought of the performances cause I don't want to give away how the musical/dance numbers went, so you can see it for yourself.

I give it: 3 happy faces out of four.

or 8.5 out of 10
    All-Star Sports --- July 24, 2004 (My first trip)
    All-Star Sports --- Feb. 11-18, 2006 (Large Family trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of funny I was reading this thread again about to post that I edited a segment on this film last week .... got to look at all the clips, and I just love the film (The movie is done by the same producers as the Chicago musical film). Just then my producer came in and asked me if I still has the segment on my computer becuase she wants to add more music to it. Of course I was thrilled becuase the songs, and the dancing in this is so good. I was surprised there are also so many actors in this film I really enjoy watching ... I guess I hadn't paid too much attention to the trailer before I started working on this segment last week. I can't wait to see the actual film on Friday.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboo875 View Post
    I saw a sneak preview Hairspray last night it was great, tons of music and dance numbers, ten times more than the orginal. For some reason I still like the orginal better though (maybe cause I'm tired of remakes).
    I'm glad you liked it, but this isn't a "remake". It's a brand new movie, based on the Musical.

John Waters had a very huge part in writing the musical (because he says he wants high schools to do this play, so that the "fat girl and drag queen can finally get the lead in something"...that's a quote from the original playbill to Hairspray the Musical).

I am excited to see this, but does anyone know why Harvey Fierstein wasn't offered the role of Edna? He's so great on the soundtrack. John Travolta just seems all wrong to me for some reason.

Hairspray The Musical: The Movie is going to attract a completely different audience than Hairpsray the Movie. And I have a feeling it will be a very big hit before all is said and done.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

The new stadium seating theatre opens up tomorrow in Ithaca with Hairspray showing on two screens. I bought tickets yesterday for Kourtney and I for the 11am show. She is so excited and can't wait to see Zac Efron. The best part of the new theatre is that they're bringing back Pirates #3 so we're all going to see that tomorrow afternoon (already bought those tickets too) as we never saw it. It's going to be a great Friday.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    The new stadium seating theatre opens up tomorrow in Ithaca with Hairspray showing on two screens. I bought tickets yesterday for Kourtney and I for the 11am show. She is so excited and can't wait to see Zac Efron. The best part of the new theatre is that they're bringing back Pirates #3 so we're all going to see that tomorrow afternoon (already bought those tickets too) as we never saw it. It's going to be a great Friday.
    Once you try stadium seating, nothing else will do. We got it years ago here in Phoenix, and I am a theatre snob now ... no stadium seating? I won't waste my money! enjoy the movies!

Please s

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: