Quantcast 2013/2014 Parade News/Rumours - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh...I hope that's not the truth. Was hoping to see it again in March.

Sad face...
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DreamFinder2 View Post
    Oh...I hope that's not the truth. Was hoping to see it again in March.

Sad face...
    Remember, it is just a rumor... The floats may be fine and Spectro may still come back in 2013... I've also heard the MSEP floats are in bad shape too... So, who really knows?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay!!! So glad to hear this! Love the parade and the music!!!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

OK, just saw that other post that it may not return. I sure hope it does!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on Spectro?

I'm headed back to WDW in July and would love to see it again...it's my personal favorite over MSEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Any updates on Spectro?

I'm headed back to WDW in July and would love to see it again...it's my personal favorite over MSEP.
    Been trying to keep up with this and coming up empty.. Latest was it isn't coming back cause the floats are in too rough shape... And the money it would cost to refurb them would be allocated to a new night time parade... But, who knows if any of that is true...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

May be able to remove the rumor tag... Seems as if Spectro is not ever coming back, not in the original form anyway... Floats are reportedly damaged beyond repair...

BTW, MSEP is not in good condition either, and may not hold up until a new night time parade is ready to roll...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    May be able to remove the rumor tag... Seems as if Spectro is not ever coming back, not in the original form anyway... Floats are reportedly damaged beyond repair...

BTW, MSEP is not in good condition either, and may not hold up until a new night time parade is ready to roll...
    All this time MSEP has been going what have been doing with the Spectro floats? Just letting them rot in a warehouse? Can't they get some people that actually know how to run a park and not just bean counters?
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    All this time MSEP has been going what have been doing with the Spectro floats? Just letting them rot in a warehouse? Can't they get some people that actually know how to run a park and not just bean counters?
    Basically what you said, letting them rot in a warehouse... Termites and weather conditions didn't help...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pianobabe View Post
    I love Spectro!

Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Latest was it isn't coming back cause the floats are in too rough shape... And the money it would cost to refurb them would be allocated to a new night time parade
    Hmmm... I was told something different on a behind the scenes tour last summer. We were shown the spectro floats in a warehouse. We even got a demo of a Spectro "spinny ball" including seeing the inside and how it's operated.

What we were told is the plan was Spectro is returning although no ETA was given. We were told the Spectro floats we saw were being currently refitted with LED colored lights to replace the existing traditional bulbs and also refurbished.

The reason they were changing to LED bulbs is interesting. Disney had to purchase entire lots of christmas tree bulbs. The reason, when they changed bulbs although they were the same color from the same company they weren't the same shade across lots. I love Spectro, I hope it comes back.

Gusgus

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TracyL View Post
    I have enjoyed having MSEP here, and I'm thrilled to learn that Spectro is coming back. Although i do like the MSEP music, I agree the Spectro music is way better. And looking forward to seeing ol'
    Chernabog again!
    ."
    Wha?? I have never seen Spectro Magic and I had no idea Chernabog was in it!!!!! SQWEEEEEE !! I was totally bummed about losing MSEP (I know and love it!) Until I saw this. Chernabog is my favorite Disney character of all time and has been since I was in 1st grade and for the last year I've been wishing I could see him in the park. I must be there the night of his return

But I don't want to go among mad people!

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I obviously just finished reading the rest of the thread...
    Will I never get to see Chernabog in MK???
    **sigh**

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gusgus View Post
    Hmmm... I was told something different on a behind the scenes tour last summer. We were shown the spectro floats in a warehouse. We even got a demo of a Spectro "spinny ball" including seeing the inside and how it's operated.

What we were told is the plan was Spectro is returning although no ETA was given. We were told the Spectro floats we saw were being currently refitted with LED colored lights to replace the existing traditional bulbs and also refurbished.

The reason they were changing to LED bulbs is interesting. Disney had to purchase entire lots of christmas tree bulbs. The reason, when they changed bulbs although they were the same color from the same company they weren't the same shade across lots. I love Spectro, I hope it comes back.

Gusgus
    I wouldn't take what they say on a walking tour to be gospel... They wouldn't tell the truth... With that said, as of last year, yes the parade was supposed to come back, but when they went to go refurb the floats, they found all that extensive damage... Someone had said, in a last ditch effort, they brought in someone who deal with restoring antiques... But I can't find out if that is true or just wishful thinking... I am asking around though, anywhere I can cause I want to be able to bring you the most updated information, especially since MSEP is also in rough shape and may not last another year or two... If I find anything out, I'll let you know...

But, for now, I'd consider the parade as a no return...

Post Thanks / Like

so when i watch the parade in a few days its not gonna be in good shape....
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    so when i watch the parade in a few days its not gonna be in good shape....
    You talking about MSEP? You'll get the parade... You won't notice the issues, unless of course a float or two are out of service... The parade was only scheduled to run for one summer... But they are still running it... With no new time time parade in the works, MSEP is going to be expected to run for a while longer... The parade doesn't have that life span left... Hopefully Steve Davidson is working on something, and quickly...

Some people have also said any parade budget has been given to MiSiCi, which is scheduled to get a few changes...

Post Thanks / Like

Yess!!!!!!!!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    Yess!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn't get too excited for Spectro, unfortunately. It is looking very likely that it is not returning
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

You talking about MSEP? You'll get the parade... You won't notice the issues, unless of course a float or two are out of service... The parade was only scheduled to run for one summer... But they are still running it... With no new time time parade in the works, MSEP is going to be expected to run for a while longer... The parade doesn't have that life span left... Hopefully Steve Davidson is working on something, and quickly...

Some people have also said any parade budget has been given to MiSiCi, which is scheduled to get a few changes...

Very disappointing to hear Spectro is not likely to return. As others have said, mostly because of the wonderful soundtrack. It seems like WDW has lost so many of its best soundtracks over the past decade or so (e.g. Tomorrow's Child, Listen to the Land, etc.) I wonder why there's so much less focus on great, memorable music at the parks than there use to be. What was the most recent great new song at WDW?
    Bay Lake Tower - 2014, 2015
    Polynesian Resort - 2013
    Wilderness Lodge - 2011
    Port Orleans - 2003
    Hotel Plaza - 2002
    Coronado Springs - 1998
    Disneyland - 1997
    All Star Music - 1995, 1997
    Offsite - 1980, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994

Post Thanks / Like

OK people time to face reality now.. Stop wishing for Spectro's return... not happening... Just like wishing for Beastly Kingdomme to happen at DAK... Not happening..

SpectroMagic's floats are being demolished as we speak... They may already be demolished.. They were raided for usable parts, then crushed... Chernabog MAY be the only one left, and that has been ravaged for parts as well... So, say goodbye to Spectro... It is NOT coming back...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: