Quantcast Disney Trivia (Expert Edition) - Page 52

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1419
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squad51 View Post
    2. Did I answer this already? They were build by Lima Locomotive Works in 1928. That also happens to be the same year Walt created Mickey.
    I thought it was the Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1925? That is what the brass plate says on Walter E. Disney.

The two locomotives are considered twins and were built for the Yucatan Railways. Mr. Broggie found them in a boneyard in Mexico. Walter E. Disney was originally engine number 274 and Roger E. Broggie was number 275.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1) What is the oldest theme-park attraction ride vehicle/"conveyance" at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?

The steam train Roy O. Disney was built in 1916 although it did not debut until two months after the opening of the Magic Kingdom.

The train is only one year older than Prince Charming Regal Carrousel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    4) How many locomotives were bought for Anaheim's?

5) What was unique about the Disneyland Railroad's first two trains?
    4) Five

5) Built in the Walt Disney Studios? The other three were built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works.

Post Thanks / Like

7) Lilly Belle

8) WDW's Magic Kingdom (she is #2 and is green)

Post Thanks / Like

1) What is the oldest theme-park attraction ride vehicle/"conveyance" at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom?
    badkitty got this one; the Roy O. Disney steam train - built in 1916 by Baldwin Locomotive Works - is indeed one year older than prince Charming's Regal Carrousel.

2) What is unique about the steam locomotives Walter E. Disney and Roger E. Broggie at Walt Disney World?
    badkitty again got this *partly* right: "The two locomotives are considered twins", because, yes, they are both what are known as "4-6-0's", or "ten-wheelers". But there's also one more unique fact about the two locomotives (and it's not their sequential train numbers, either).

3) How many locomotives were purchased for Florida's Magic Kingdom?
    Joannelet got this one; five trains were purchased for Florida from Yucatan. However, that fifth one was in such poor condition that when it was unloaded off of the trailer, it literally *fell apart* as it came down the ramp.

4) How many locomotives were bought for Anaheim's?

5) What was unique about the Disneyland Railroad's first two trains?
    badkitty *almost* got this one; if she <? - I'm hoping...LOL> read her answer to #5, she should have had the answer to #4 The first two steam trains for Disneyland were indeed built *by* Disney, so that would mean that the last three trains were actually purchased.

*However*...the *correct* answer that I was looking for, for #5, was that one train was a "passenger" train, only making stops at Main Street, USA. The second train was the "freight train", only stopping at Frontierland. The trains would actually pass each other with "sidings" (train tracks side-by-side) at each station, and the conductors would have to actually switch the tracks when "their" train was stopped, so that the other could pass.

6) What was the name of the 1/8th scale railroad that Walt had built in his backyard?
    Joannelet got this one - it was the Carolwood Pacific.

7) What name did Walt give to his locomotive on that railroad?

8) Where else can you find a locomotive of the same name as #7 above?
    badkitty got both of these The Lilly Belle, which is found "full-scale" at Florida's Magic Kingdom. **Side note: Miss Lilly Belle was the train that I learned how to operate a steam train on. A lot of the other engineers thought she was a pain in you-know-what, but, I *loved* that locomotive. I looked forward to the weekends when I could operate her for the morning Welcome show. I also think she's the most photogenic, with the green, red, and gold She is currently under a MAJOR refurbishment at Strasburg, PA.

9) How many station stops are there at a) Disneyland's railroad, and b) at Florida's WDWRR?
    badkitty got part "a"; Joannelet got part of part "b" Yes, there are *currently* only the two stops, but, there are really three (Mickey's ToonTown Fair, soon to become the new Fantasyland station)

10) Why was Florida's Frontierland train station moved to its current location?
    squad51 got this one Yep, because of the construction of Splash Mountain.

So: these have all been answered for the most part I'd still like to see if anyone can tell me what is still unique about the two ten-wheelers (Walter and Roger)
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

So: these have all been answered for the most part I'd still like to see if anyone can tell me what is still unique about the two ten-wheelers (Walter and Roger)

The Walter E. Disney and Roger E. Broggie locomotives have serial numbers that are sequential (58444 and 58445). These locomotives were on the shop floor at the same time in 1925 as they were being built for the United Railways of Yucatan and still operate together to this day. Because of this, they are referred to as the "twins".
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joannelet View Post
    The Walter E. Disney and Roger E. Broggie locomotives have serial numbers that are sequential (58444 and 58445). These locomotives were on the shop floor at the same time in 1925 as they were being built for the United Railways of Yucatan and still operate together to this day. Because of this, they are referred to as the "twins".
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a *winnah*!!

That's the answer I was looking for

By the way, the steam trains at Walt Disney World were built in 1916 (Roy O. Disney, #4), 1925 (Walter E. Disney #1, and Roger E. Broggie #3), and 1928 (Lilly Belle, #2).

At Anahiem, the trains were built in 1895 (#3 Fred Gurley), 1902 (#5 Ward Kimball), 1925 (#4 Ernest Marsh), and 1955 (#1 C.K. Holliday and #2 E.P. Ripley).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

badkitty *almost* got this one; if she <? - I'm hoping...LOL> read her answer to #5, she should have had the answer to #4 The first two steam trains for Disneyland were indeed built *by* Disney, so that would mean that the last three trains were actually purchased.

*However*...the *correct* answer that I was looking for, for #5, was that one train was a "passenger" train, only making stops at Main Street, USA. The second train was the "freight train", only stopping at Frontierland. The trains would actually pass each other with "sidings" (train tracks side-by-side) at each station, and the conductors would have to actually switch the tracks when "their" train was stopped, so that the other could pass.
    Oh, duh. Built two, purchased three.

I remember my nana talking about the two trains running side by side.

Post Thanks / Like

badkitty got both of these The Lilly Belle, which is found "full-scale" at Florida's Magic Kingdom. **Side note: Miss Lilly Belle was the train that I learned how to operate a steam train on. A lot of the other engineers thought she was a pain in you-know-what, but, I *loved* that locomotive. I looked forward to the weekends when I could operate her for the morning Welcome show. I also think she's the most photogenic, with the green, red, and gold She is currently under a MAJOR refurbishment at Strasburg, PA.
    Oh, how thrilling for you! I am such a big fan of the Disney steam trains. The railroad is actually my favorite attraction on both coasts. How exciting that you were an engineer. If it wasn't for the FL humidity, I would love to be an engineer.

I have some wonderful photos of the Lilly Belle when I was on the Behind the Stream tour.

Post Thanks / Like

I blinked and missed the last round but we are planning to do the "Behind The Steam Trains" tour during our next trip to WDW

Here're a few more questions...

1) How many animatronic versions of Ellen are there within "The Universe of Energy" attraction?

2) What are the ingredients of the Evil Queen's "Evil Brew" in Snow White?

3) Which BTMRR is the longest (WDW, Paris or California)? Bonus if you can provide the track lengths

4) To who and what did Tramp describe as a "log puller"?

5) Which Disney Imagineer is remembered in the Haunted mansion's graveyard?
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zawadi View Post

I'm asuming you mean at WDW? There are so many especially with the new graveyard addition. I'm looking at my photos I took in October so let me see how many I get. I'm sure there are more.

Leota Toombs (Madame Leota)
    Francis Xavier (no time off for good behavior)
    Marc Davis (Grandpa Marc)
    Yale Gracey (Master Gracey laid to rest. No mourning please, at his request)
    Harriet Burns (First lady of the opera, our haunting Harriet. Searched for a tune but never could carry it)
    Chuck Myall (Uncle Myall here you'll lie for quite awhile)
    Dave Burkhart (Brother Dave chased a bear into a cave)
    Roland "Rolly" Crump (Brother Roland here reposes, his soul's above one supposes)
    Blaine Gibson (A train made a stain of absent-minded Uncle Blaine)
    Ken Anderson (Drink a toast to our good friend Ken. Fill your glass and don't say when)

Paul Frees, the voice of the Ghost Host, wasn't an imagineer but he has a marker. (Your voice will carry on the breeze)

Post Thanks / Like

1) How many animatronic versions of Ellen are there within "The Universe of Energy" attraction?
    Is it one? I only remember her pointing a stick at a snake-like creature.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I'm asuming you mean at WDW? There are so many especially with the new graveyard addition. I'm looking at my photos I took in October so let me see how many I get. I'm sure there are more.

Leota Toombs (Madame Leota)
    Francis Xavier (no time off for good behavior)
    Marc Davis (Grandpa Marc)
    Yale Gracey (Master Gracey laid to rest. No mourning please, at his request)
    Harriet Burns (First lady of the opera, our haunting Harriet. Searched for a tune but never could carry it)
    Chuck Myall (Uncle Myall here you'll lie for quite awhile)
    Dave Burkhart (Brother Dave chased a bear into a cave)
    Roland "Rolly" Crump (Brother Roland here reposes, his soul's above one supposes)
    Blaine Gibson (A train made a stain of absent-minded Uncle Blaine)
    Ken Anderson (Drink a toast to our good friend Ken. Fill your glass and don't say when)

Paul Frees, the voice of the Ghost Host, wasn't an imagineer but he has a marker. (Your voice will carry on the breeze)
    not a very good question
    I was only thinking about Yale Gracey who was responsible for a lot of the special effects within the mansion.
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Is it one? I only remember her pointing a stick at a snake-like creature.
    Correct.
    All of the other depictions of Ellen are within the various video segments.
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

"Slave in the Magic Mirror...come from the darkest space...through wind and darkness I summon thee...let me see thy face! A magic spell in the black of night, with a scream of fright! And a bolt of light! Turn my hair to white!" <-- from Fantasmic!.

[quote}3) Which BTMRR is the longest (WDW, Paris or California)? Bonus if you can provide the track lengths.[/quote]I'm gonna say Paris, because you have to travel under the river twice (once to get to the island side and once to get back to the mainland side). Not exactly sure what the track lengths are

Gonna guess on this one and say the beaver.

Like badkitty said, there's a whole list of 'em I assumed you were looking for Yale Gracey, though, since his "grave" has the red rose and is probably the most recognizable. But, there are many others

Post Thanks / Like

"Slave in the Magic Mirror...come from the darkest space...through wind and darkness I summon thee...let me see thy face! A magic spell in the black of night, with a scream of fright! And a bolt of light! Turn my hair to white!" <-- from Fantasmic!.
    The lines from Snow White are slightly different. However the following are correct:

Black of Night
    Scream of Fright
    Thunderbolt (bolt of light)

There are 3 more ingredients
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

3) Which BTMRR is the longest (WDW, Paris or California)? Bonus if you can provide the track lengths.

I'm gonna say Paris, because you have to travel under the river twice (once to get to the island side and once to get back to the mainland side). Not exactly sure what the track lengths are
    Correct.

Paris is the longest out of the 3 mentioned. I must confess that I couldn't find the stats for Tokyo so omitted it

• Disneyland: 2671 ft (814.1 m)
    • WDW: 2780 ft (847.3 m)
    • Paris: 4921.25 ft (1500 m)
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna guess on this one and say the beaver.
    Tramp was indeed talking to the beaver. But what was Tramp describing?

------------
    Items remaining:
    • 3 ingredients for the Evil Brew
    • What was Tramp desribing as a "log puller"?
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

The muzzle!
    Colleen McD
    The Disney Dream Begins August 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMcD View Post

The muzzle!
    Correct. It was Lady's muzzle.

Just 3 missing ingredients of the evil brew left to go.
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: