Quantcast More MK expansion?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default More MK expansion?

I was just on another WDW info site, clicked on an article about the VPs for DHS and the MK switching places. In the article it mentioned expansion in the MK. I then went and looked at their message boards, and they're talking about some Adventureland expansion with an E-ticket attraction, but only a budget of about $400K.

???

I have not heard anything about this before now. Is there any truth to this?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard about the possibility of an Adventureland expansion - and it's even been mentioned in another thread here... but 400k isn't going to build an eticket... no way, no how. Carnival ride maybe - but not an E.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

The amount Freak mentions here on Intercot is $350 Million. Perhaps the other site meant $400M, but wrote $400K by mistake?

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

It is Frontierland that is rumored... $350 million has been designated to MK but this new expansion is NOT included in that $350, meaning it is a different budget and different project... And has NOT been green lit, yet.... At least, that is what trusted insiders and people in the know are saying...

And it seems as if Dan Cockrell is being groomed to one day be Pres of WDW.. UGH...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    The amount Freak mentions here on Intercot is $350 Million. Perhaps the other site meant $400M, but wrote $400K by mistake?

Steve
    That might be my mistake. They probably wrote "M", and my mind read "K".
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

As odd as it may sound (because the other parks need more help) the MK could really benefit from another E Ticket ride just to spread the crowds out a little bit more because the place is just so crowded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    As odd as it may sound (because the other parks need more help) the MK could really benefit from another E Ticket ride just to spread the crowds out a little bit more because the place is just so crowded.
    MK is bursting at the seams... They need more, not less... And the rumored Frontierland expansion would help... As will the Jungle Cruise themed restaurant currently under expansion (but still not enough)...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

The jungle cruise restaurant will be a big help. I can't believe how few sit down places MK has. I mean before BOG opened there was Tony's and Liberty Tavern (I didn't include crystal palace bc it is character dinning). That blows my mind. Now there will at least be 4 sit downs once Jungle opens.

I am trying to figure out where an adventureland expansion would happen?

Post Thanks / Like

The jungle cruise restaurant will be a big help. I can't believe how few sit down places MK has. I mean before BOG opened there was Tony's and Liberty Tavern (I didn't include crystal palace bc it is character dinning). That blows my mind. Now there will at least be 4 sit downs once Jungle opens.

The rumor is Frontierland, not Adventureland... Someone familiar with the project has said the Frontierland expansion is close to green lit... Not one insider has heard anything about Adventureland... The only thing coming to Adventureland is the Jungle Cruise restaurant... That anyone knows about...

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, just read it wrong. Makes much more sense for Frontierland LOL! Wonder if this eats into Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, just read it wrong. Makes much more sense for Frontierland LOL! Wonder if this eats into Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island?
    According to some, the island should be safe, the boat should be safe... but what role they play, what theme they have is up for debate... Country Bears seem safe as well, for now...

Post Thanks / Like

From what I'm reading, from a few sources, they would use TSI and the expansion pad beyond ROA for a new attraction. The theory seems to be that WDC feels that area is underutilized and that ADA as well as safety issues make it hard to rework/refresh without causing major issues. Therefore, clear out what is there and build a new, larger attraction. Maybe a new water ride or some other Western themed E Ticket. Also hearing rumblings about a return of the holiday overlay for the Country Bears.

Post Thanks / Like

Removing TSI= Huge Mistake.
    There are very few places kids can explore like that any more. Its the heart of Frontierland...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call it a huge mistake. I'm sure there is a vast majority of people who visit the park who are totally oblivious that TSI even exists. It's dated, has a long and slow on/off process, and as has been stated not really mobility friendly.

It also takes up a huge plot of land that could be used for something grand and imaginative.

Post Thanks / Like

While I would like to see some new attractions or expansion I do not want them at the cost of TSI or Country Bear Jamboree. As far as TSI, I totally agree that there are few places that quiet or shaded where the kids can just openly explore & us adults can relive those childhood moments gone by the way of technology. We need this part of the park just as we need the real steam engines chugging around the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Kids are not allowed to go outside and play anymore....... or some busybody neighbor will decide that the parenting is inappropriate........ and call in the authorities to take the kinds away from the parents.

Kids are not allowed to play outside anymore by the folks that have/control the places they could play... because they might get hurt and then the parents will try to sue everyone in sight.

It is amazing that I'm alive....... with the horrible parents I clearly had...... I'd go out and play.... woods, lake, walk a mile to friends house, and so on....... and return home for dinner. Irresponsible!

So a "freeform play/explore area" that has some aspects of non-structured possibilities in it....... it is easy to see why it is underutilized. Kids don't know what to do with it even if their parents let them try. Disney is scared they'll get sued.

Sad world we have created.

best,

.....................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

But I think you have to include the character dining. So also throw in Cinderella's Royal Table. And the Plaza is a sit down. But, yeah, it could certainly use more.

I'm the one that started this thread, but I had a ton of mistakes in it. Yes, it's a Frontierland expansion, not an Adventureland expansion. And yes, it's millions, not thousands of $$$. Not sure what I was thinking when I posted that.

Excited to see what they come up with. I would love to see a white water canyon type ride (like Kali River Rapids), but...well....better. Kali is too short, only one good place to get soaked.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just remember, this isn't green lit yet... Plans keep changing, ideas keep getting tossed around... I wouldn't get hopes up and expect this to happen now or any time soon... Just know, Frontierland is being looked at...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: