Quantcast WL Housekeeping

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: WL Housekeeping

Post Thanks / Like

Default WL Housekeeping

Just got back today after a 3 night stay at WL. The housekeeping was terrible compared to previous trips. They came very late in the day-around the time you would be showering for dinner. I left a note to leave extra coffee, which they did, but didn't leave any extra sugar. They didn't refresh shampoo & soap as in previous trips, and we had to ask for extra towels. We had just come from a 4 night stay at a Hilton (same price for room), and were disappointed with the housekeeping. We had a great vacation, this was a very minor problem. I am comparing level of service to previous years & I was disappointed!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Wilderness Lodge is my resort of choice at WDW (booked three times there for this year). Next time no matter WHAT resort/hotel you are at, a quick stop at the front desk and talking to a manger would probably help. I know that does not help you for the trip you just took, but what you experienced is not the norm for this resort.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Last July, it was hit or miss when they would come to clean the room. Sometimes it was early in the day and other times I'd come back from the parks in the afternoon and they still hadn't been there.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you had issues at WL. It's our favorite resort on property!

Back in 2007 we had horrible housekeeping at WL and actually stayed away from WL for several years. Not only because of housekeeping, but it was one of the several reasons. I'm happy to say that we stayed at WL again in 2010, and twice in 2011 and had no issues with housekeeping.

I also should note that we've had almost as bad housekeeping at other resorts. CSR was horrible, and one of our stays at CBR wasn't much better, so bad housekeeping can, and does, happen at all resorts. Sometimes it's just luck of the draw, or "unluck" I guess you could say.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I was at POR a couple weeks ago and the service was excellent. Every day (four nights, three days) I returned from the parks, the room had been serviced.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to many resorts and have found it all depends on the housekeeper themself. We have had excellent to poor at the same resort and it didn't really make a difference from value to deluxe. Tho when paying for a deluxe and you get below standard housekeeping it is alittle harder to swallow.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Disney just sent me after trip survey. I hope they read those things!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

We have always made it a point to find our Mousekeeper the first day introduce ourself and get their name. After this if we see them at anytime during our stay we say hi by name. I think this helps keep our mosekeeper on their toes. Anytime we have a problem we let them know first. Things are usually taken care of very quickly.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    We have always made it a point to find our Mousekeeper the first day introduce ourself and get their name. After this if we see them at anytime during our stay we say hi by name. I think this helps keep our mosekeeper on their toes. Anytime we have a problem we let them know first. Things are usually taken care of very quickly.
    Nice touch!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is always a chance to get housekeeping that is not up to par no matter where you stay. We always try to meet our mouse keeper too but seldome have we had the same person two days in a row. I never hesitate to ask for additional towels, shampoo, etc and if there is ever a problem, I put on the charm with the front desk and all magically becomes okay. We do, tho, be sure it looks like we needs more shampoo and such so we receive a fresh supply every morning!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried several different approaches during our stays at the WL and the only common denominator I've seen so far is if the person or persons assigned to your area care about their job and take pride in their work then you will have wonderful housekeeping.

Some incentives we've tried in the past were: Tipping our mousekeeper handsomely the first few days of our trip to establish a precedence, that didn't work. Standard $5 a day tip left each morning, that didn't work. Going and meeting our Mousekeeper(s) usually two in any giving 7 to 10 day period due to work schedules and letting them know we have small children and would appreciate it if we could have early cleaning or mid-afternoon cleaning to allow us to come back and let the kids nap + $5 a day, that was also unsuccessful, in fact on that trip it seemed they tried to come around lunch every day...

I think this trip I'm going to be creative and buy either two gift card to a nice restaurant or check with the concierge and see if it is permitted to by a gift certificate to one of the spas and personally give it to our mousekeeper(s). I'll spend the same amount over 10 days of tipping and I bet they'll remember who we are.

I know that these men and women work extremely hard and are probably not shown the appreciation for their hard work as often as they should, so I just try to remember the lessons my parents taught me growing up and say thank you and please and most importantly "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

We've never had terrible service at WL but some years are definitely better than others. WELL - I'll let you know how the experiment works out
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible the mousekeepers must work in a particular order?

When we stayed WL/CL we could not get out of our room fast enough as our room was always cleaned first thing in the morning. Maybe our room was just in the start location? Idk
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about when the rooms get cleaned. It might depend on how many rooms need to be turned over for new guests. I can tell you that the day I was checking out that literally at 8:00 they were knocking on the door to change over the room. i complained about that on the Disney survey they sent me when i returned home. i thought checkout was 11am.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: