Quantcast Boma or Yak & Yeti

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boma or Yak & Yeti

Please help us decide between Boma & Yak & Yeti. We have been to Boma before and enjoyed it, but were wondering if we should try Yak & Yedi. Please give me your opinion on which is better. My husband, son (15) and I will try and eat just about anything. On they other hand, my daughter (9) is more of a picky eater. She found things to eat on the Boma kids buffet last time we were there.

In addition, please remind me how long it takes to get from the Animal Kingdom Park to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Is the only option to get from the park to the lodge to take the bus?
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only option from AK to AKL is bus, yes, and it's only about a five minute ride. But waiting for the bus could add time if one isn't right there, so I would count on fifteen minutes or so.

I've been to Boma and to Yak and Yeti. If you're looking for a different experience, Yak and Yeti is a good option and it keeps you in the park. It's a Landry restaurant, so like Rainforest Cafe and T Rex, but more Asian themed. There's some lovely unique artwork decorating the otherwise bland atmosphere of Yak and Yeti. The menu has lots of options and I'm pretty sure more selective diners (picky ones ) can find something. The food is good, not outstanding but definitely decent. I prefer Boma, but Yak and Yeti probably won't disappoint.

And actually, I would add a new choice to your list and suggest considering Sanaa at the AKL. Sanaa is Indian-African inspired (but pretty tame) and not a buffet. It's one of our new favorites.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I took a not-so-adventurous eater to Sanaa, and she rather liked it. (Me... a very adventurous eater, not so much. But I am very much in the minority so don't listen to me.) Their kids' menu has the usual suspects (cheeseburger, pizza, mac and cheese, as well as grilled fish).

As for which is better (Boma or Y&Y), I'd say that they're different enough to as not to choose. You've already been to Boma and know that your DD will find something to eat there. As for Y&Y, on the tried-and-true side of the menu, they offer burgers and chicken nuggets; for the more "adventurous," they have lo mein or an egg roll. All are served with the typical kids' meal sides (applesauce, jello, veg sticks and/or also fried rice).

To add another layer to your decision making, there's the animals you can see out the window at Sanaa.

Have fun planning!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

couldn't have put it better than what Sherri and Ellen have said above.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten at each once. Boma was better but that could have been the selections. That being said, when trying to deciede between 2 restaurants, I usually pick the one I've never been to before.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Never understood the hype surrounding Y&Y quite frankly. It's good, but not in the same league as a typical TS location at Disney. Boma by a longshot...

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Boma once and was not impressed. I had heard wonderful things about it but, I didn't particularly like it. Everyone has different tastes.
    Yak & Yeti is one of my son's favorite restaurants so that is a typical stop for us.
    I have wanted to try Sanaa and may do so on my next trip.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

These are 2 of our favorite restaurants at Disney. Boma is a must for us most trips, and we quite often try to grab a lunch at Y&Y. I agree with one of the recommendations above - try the one you have not yet experienced. Try Y&Y. But make sure you get back to Boma on a future trip! Enjoy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: