Quantcast Thoughts on DL from WDW fan ~

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Thoughts on DL from WDW fan ~

24 years after my first trip to Disneyland, we went back to check out Cars and see how things have grown. Since 2000, WDW has become our second home(we stay on site at FQ).

Loved the Carsland themeing and DCA's activity. Disneyland has a charm that is undeniable and seemed to run far more efficiently with the crowds than WDW does. LOVED the fact that there was very little Fastpass offering - the wait times were pretty short (20 or 30 mins) and lines were always moving. I've always believed that not having fastpass maintains the spontaneity of the ride choices. DL lent itself to my thoughts that the lines do move better if there is only one line. We all really enjoyed the World of Color and it's beautiful display. Both park's parades were okay and seeing them once was enough.
    Being a person who takes great advantage of Photopass, I was very disappointed by the number of photographers available and HUGELY disappointed that there was only ONE at the Halloween Party!! No magic shots or castle shots at the Party

We hit some fabulous restaurants ( we're foodies) and loved the varieties available. Blue Bayou was as amazing as I remember it being, Ariel's Grotto was great and Brennan's was fantastic!

Sadly, not a lot of Souvenir options available, especially for adults.

Overall, had a great time and enjoyed the differences in the Parks, but I missed the magic of the complete removal from the real world. With that, I think that my heart still belongs to WDW.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing! We're starting to think about/plan a DL trip, and are a bit worried if we'll "miss" WDW while there.

That said, I can't wait to see Carsland!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your report. We've been thinking about DL for June and have been flip flopping back and forth. It's good to hear that the "foodie" in you was satisfied
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! We are heading west with the kids this year. They've been to WDW twice a year for their entire lives so I'm trying to prep them for the scale of DL. I'm so looking forward to it. Your post totally has me excited!
    Now if only they did 180 day dining reservations...
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. We are also WDW fans and are considering a trip to DL. We are excited about the rides that WDW doesn't have. When can you make dining reservations? Seems like there are some planning differences. Also with FP+ this might be the perfect time to try DL.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    ... When can you make dining reservations? ...
    Reservations can be made 60 days in advance for Disneyland Resort restaurants. You may call 714-781-3463 or use the new online dining reservation system.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for your report.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading your thoughts, I agree and disagree.

On the disagree side, I think Disneyland stinks when it comes to crowds, especially for Fantasmic! and World of Color. For Fantasmic, you have to find a spot 2-3 hours before the show just to have a good viewing spot. And World of Color is madness: standing in line 30 minutes before they let you rush like cattle to try to find a spot where you're kids can see over some giant's head, you stand there for another hour, only to stand for another 30 minutes for the show. Give me the WDW bleachers, or the immense space around World Showcase to see Illuminations.

On the agree side, I enjoyed the food there for the most part. We loved Ariel's Grotto and thought Big Thunder Ranch BBQ was the best Disney food we'd ever had. Agree also with the lack photopass people, but that might be from the lack of great photo areas like WDW has in abundance. And finally, yes, Disneyland needs more adult type souveneirs. I found myself wanting something that had DL on it, but the choices were lacking unless you were under the age of 10.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I was there for the first time last yr, after many trips to WDW. it was before carsland was open..i wasn't sure if I would go back afterwards but glad I saw it. but im almost thinking about going back sometime. the big thunder bbq was pretty good, and the servers were friendly.
    the world of color line up was a long wait before..like an hour,
    did get on Starwars 2 a few times, this was before it opened at WDW
    stayed at a hotel across the street which was close and a good deal.
    CA didn't impress me too much at the time, but might b better from what I see of carsland and the main street.
    ill have to decide if I go back or not
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report. I had to laugh because for years I was a huge Disney World fan. However that has changed especially after my last two visits and especially since the World has now implemented fastpass+

I told my husband I don't plan on going back to the World for a long, long time and will get my Disney fix from going to Disneyland.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Dec 1997-Contemporary
    Dec 1999-Poly
    Dec 2001-Poly concierge
    June 2002-Disneyland (off site)
    Dec 2003-Poly concierge
    Dec 2005-Poly concierge
    Dec 2007-Poly concierge
    Oct 2008-Disneyland (off site)
    Dec 2009-Poly concierge
    Nov 2010-Disneyland Hotel
    Feb. 2012- Grand Floridian concierge celebrating 25 years of marriage just hubby and I
    September 2012- DisneyLand Paradise Pier
    December 2013-Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    On the disagree side, I think Disneyland stinks when it comes to crowds, especially for Fantasmic! and World of Color. For Fantasmic, you have to find a spot 2-3 hours before the show just to have a good viewing spot. And World of Color is madness: standing in line 30 minutes before they let you rush like cattle to try to find a spot where you're kids can see over some giant's head, you stand there for another hour, only to stand for another 30 minutes for the show.
    Gator, I do agree with you with the shows. Fantasmic on either side are not my favourite shows and I do not make an effort to see them. CA was waaay worse for wait and bad viewing by far. For WOC we did the dining preview thing and we had a great view, at least, with no one in front of us with about a 45 min wait.(and we could sit while we waited) I don't consider that a huge difference from waiting for any of the big parades/fireworks at the World. I was disappointed with the lack of parades and such, but maybe that was just because we were there in a slow time.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: