Quantcast First time DL diner needs suggestions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time DL diner needs suggestions

I expect to be going commando for the three days I have so DW and my breaks will be when we eat.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you plan on going commando I assume that you will eat when hunger hits you. So perhaps reservations would not be your style for this trip.

At DCA:
    In Cars Land we like Flo's V-8 Cafe for a meal.
    Pacific Wharf has three food service choices sharing a large area of tables - Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, Lucky Fortune Cookery, and Pacific Wharf Cafe - with the beer truck right by all the tables.
    Paradise Pier also has several places within the same area - Corn Dog Castle, Paradise Garden Grill, Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. And Bayside Brews is right there as well.
    If you are over in Condor Flats Taste Pilots' Grill has tasty burgers.
    FF&P Cafe on Buena Vista Street for Starbucks.
    Ghirardelli Soda Fountain on the Pacific Wharf for ice cream.
    Cove Bar on Paradise Pier for a drink & appetizers.

At Disneyland:
    For meals we have enjoyed Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country, Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland, Jolly Holiday Bakery and Plaza Inn on Main Street, and Redd Rockett's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland.
    Although Carnation Cafe, on Main Street, is table service we have rarely had trouble walking up and getting a table. We do tend to go during slower eating hours.
    Market House for Starbucks.
    Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland for a meaty snack.
    Tiki Juice Bar at the Enchanted Tiki Room for a Dole Whip (you may take your snack in to the show).

Downtown Disney has a combination of table service, quick serve, and snacks. Do you think you will be venturing down there or mostly sticking to the Parks?
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we will make it to DD. But doing a table service is not out of the question. For example, there is the Cajun place (not Blue Bayou, but the other one) where you can get the Monte Cristo... I plan on stopping in there to try it. We will probably plan a mid day sit down just to relax for a minute. I also heard some restaurants have unlimited refills which would help.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not rule out DD. It's right outside of the turnstiles. Everything is a quick walk away. No transportation or chaos involved at all.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    I would not rule out DD. It's right outside of the turnstiles. Everything is a quick walk away. No transportation or chaos involved at all.
    Naples at Downtown Disney is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere! And, it's at the far edge of DtD, so it's not far outside of the parks.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, nothing at DTD is far. Think of it as walking to another section of a park (if you were at WDW). It's SO close.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: