Quantcast Chef Mickey's vs Cape May

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chef Mickey's vs Cape May

We are planning a girls morning on our trip. MIL, DD (2) and myself. DD is a HUGE Mickey/Minnie fan. She is a Fab Five girl.

Should we do breakfast at Cape May or Chef Mickey's? I am not sure if we will have a rental car yet. We are staying at Art of Animation and I am concerned about being able to get to Cape May without a car.

It seems like it would be easy to take a bus the the MK and then the monorail from there.

I have read not so good reviews about Chef Mickeys but am willing to give it a try.
    Any thoughts?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Chef Mickey's is a must-do for us. We always schedule a breakfast there. We've never been disappointed.

We've eaten at Cape May but not for breakfast. I enjoyed my meal there, as well, but a slight nod goes for Chef Mickey's.

As far as transportation, we always call Mears for a taxi to Chef Mickey's. It saves a lot of time. I think for Cape May, you can take a bus to Epcot and they have an accessway open to the international Gateway even if the park is not open yet. And you can walk to Cape May from there. (Someone would have to confirm if that's still true.)

I hope that helps. Good luck and enjoy. You can't go wrong with either choice.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We have done them both and I would say the are pretty similar as far as food choices and time spent wiht characters. The biggest difference would be that at Cape May the characters are in their beach clothes so if you really want them in their traditional looks in your photos, I would do Chef Mickey, but if it doesn't matter Cape May is fine too. You can go through epcot to get there or take the bus to HS and then either walk or take the boat over to BC. Depending on our schedule and whcih park you will be going to, that may help make your choice. Obviously if ou go to MK then Chef Mickey would be more convenient.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Breakfast at either one is great. If you're going for dinner, I'd give the edge to Cape May (if you like seafood).
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

How important s Mickey?

Chef Mickey's is always the Fab Five but Cape May is Donald, Goofy and Minnie. I prefer the experience at Cape May, but if Mickey and Minnie are both important I would do Chef Mickey's.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Why is this such a hard choice? I think we may go with Chef Mickey's since Mickey is there and not at Cape May.

Do cabs have car seats?

What is a better time to go? As soon as it opens or later in the morning?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    Chef Mickey's is a must-do for us. We always schedule a breakfast there. We've never been disappointed.

Ditto! We love Chef Mickey's. But I've never been to Cape May to judge.

I woudn't see it as a problem to get to the TTC and then to the resort.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Either would be fine. I am not a big Chef Mickey's fan but my grandchildren love it. If you decide on Cape May, I would take the bus to HS and you can walk over to the BC or take the boat. If you don't have an AP or park hopper you would not have to enter a park to get to your destination. I do believe if you take a taxi you can request one that provides a car seat.

If you are taking Disney transportation, be sure and allow enough time to get there. My experience has been to allow at least an hour or hour and a half.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

I am not really in this for me. In general I think that character meals are way overpriced. I am a foodie and am usually dissapointed in the food at character meals. DSs never really got into the characters but DD loves them and I really think she will love it. I booked Chef Mickeys but am still thinking about making the change.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    Do cabs have car seats?

What is a better time to go? As soon as it opens or later in the morning?
    No, the cabs don't have car seats but we've used them on a limited basis for getting around Disney property and have sucked it up and just held on tight. It'll depend on what you're comfortable with.

I like to schedule Chef Mickey's for the first seating otherwise it's a little too nuts for my kids. There are big rooms and each are seated based on time (like most of the other character meals...) but the first seating seems less crazy to me and my kids are up at 6A everyday so we might as well be there when they open.

Post Thanks / Like

We did Chef Mickey's once and that was one time more than enough for us...We didn't like the characters there, they felt rushed and impersonal...Cape May is a do not miss, ever for us now! We do that one even if we aren't feeling a huge need for characters (I'm 25 and Moma is Moma aged ) so we don't always have to do characters (but always do lol) the food there is spectacular and the characters are super sweet and love on us even though we are adults. Moma's favorite picture from our last trip was Goofy sat down with me there and we were "drinking coffee together" and we looked like we were in very deep conversation, I'm a coffee nut so this is one of her favorites ever because it applys to me so personally. I honestly love Cape May and can't say enough great things about it.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Also we always take a cab for early morning meals, the most we've ever paid is $20 for any resort to resturant and that $20 is worth a extra 1.5 hours of sleep for me lol
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

If it's an all girls day, might I suggest the Character Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I love it. It is the only character breakfast where one can meet Mary Poppins and Alice from Wonderland. One can also meet Tigger, Pooh, and the Mad Hatter! The food is delicious (especially the Chilled Strawberry Soup!). One can get a higher quality of food here, as well as a custom made omlette at a separate station. Waffles, various meats, eggs benedict, beautiful fresh fruit. If there is a birthday, they will also lead the crowd in a chorus of Happy Birthday!

My friends and I make a trip to 1900 Park Fare every trip.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and agree it is very good. When I was on the College Program I sometimes worked at the kiosk outside the character meals selling autograph books (etc.)

DD is a huge fab five fan. The only show she watches is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I don't even think she knows who any of the characters are. I think it would be awesome in a few years though. Can't wait to make the princess dresses for her!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

Post Thanks / Like

Neither are our personal favorites. We have done both and wont be back. I would vote for 1900 Park Fare like others have suggested or 'Ohana. The morning entertainment at 'Ohana is really great. Some of my favorite memories from my kids first trip are from 'Ohana.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Both are very good, but you have more choices with Chef Mickey's. Cape May only has the characters for breakfast and like PP said, not all the characters are there. If she really wants to see all five, CM is the place.
    Enjoy your trip....hope you have a magical time filled with much pixie dust!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of Chef Mickey's, though I've never had breakfast there.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

For breakfast, I would choose Chef Mickey's. Cape May is much better for dinner.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06