Quantcast 18th Anniversary Trip. Day 2...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 18th Anniversary Trip. Day 2...

Day 2- Our Anniversary...

I woke up early to make a pot of coffee and sit on our balcony, watching the sunrise. It was very cool to see the little Jeeps come around and give everyone breakfast! The birds, several species, had gathered in anticipation of breakfast several minutes before the truck showed up! And giraffes ate right in front of our room. I could have spent the whole trip on that balcony! Lol!

This was our Epcot day, but we were not in any big rush. We had already cancelled our Fantasmic dining package (a decision I quasi regret) in anticipation of big storms that evening. So we were free to spend as much time at Epcot as we wanted. DH headed to the gym and me to the pool, where he met me a little later. We swam until noon. It was a beautiful morning!

We headed over to Epcot wearing our Anniversary buttons. I LOVE all of the "Happy Anniversary" wishes we get from the CMs! We missed our first FP+ for SE, but I wasn't worried because the only FP+ I was really excited about was Soarin'. I haven't been on in years. Well SE standby was 50 minutes, so I was mildly regretting missing it.

We hit World Showcase, which is our favorite. Stopped in Japan for some shopping - our girls put in specific requests for certain candies. We grabbed a Sapporro and watched the drummers. I love them! Made our way around WS to Mexico. We decide we have enough time to ride 3 Cabilleros and grab a margarita for the walk to Soarin'. Well, the universe had other plans. The ride broke and we were stuck for 45 minutes. Not catastrophic, I know, but super annoying. And lest you be tempted to lead other "stuckees" in a sing along, as did the boat in front of us- try to refrain. It was not cute, singing children, but loud, grown men, obviously pleased with themselves for "saving the day". I am not the only one who found this not helpful. Also not helpful was the CM who repeatedly got on the PA and reminded us it was raining outside anyways... Needless to say, we missed our FP+ for Soarin'.

We headed back to AKL and took the most amazing nap of my life. Animal friends on the Savanna and rain falling. We got dinner in the room and had some wine.

Again, a few bumps, but overall a great day and very happy anniversary!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Booo.

Did you ask at 3 Caballeros if they could issue a new FP since their ride was responsible for you missing your Soarin' time????

So not cool.

It sounds like your morning was lovely and so neat about the giraffes.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, cer! No, I didn't. We did see several other people walk away, unhappy looking, after talking to the CMs. I was just happy to be off the ride! It didn't ruin our day. That said, I do miss when CMs could hand out paper FPs to "make up for things". Thanks for reading my report!

Post Thanks / Like

45 minutes is a long time to be stuck on a ride!! I've been stuck before (including at the top of Mount Everest) but never for the length of time!! Sorry you missed your ride on Soarin' but another example of how you obviously go with the flow and adjust to what is thrown your way!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    45 minutes is a long time to be stuck on a ride!! I've been stuck before (including at the top of Mount Everest) but never for the length of time!! Sorry you missed your ride on Soarin' but another example of how you obviously go with the flow and adjust to what is thrown your way!!
    Thanks, faline! I kind of think you have to be! Especially when visiting in July!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about being stuck. Sounds like a great morning. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my....You guys can't catch a break!!!!

Glad you are having a great time in spite of all of the glitches.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Your morning sounds absolutely wonderful. While I have never stayed at AKL, I have many a time enjoyed my mornings on my balcony of WL

Awwww, another missed FP - what a shame! it sounds like you still enjoyed your Anniversary, so that's what counts!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! I can't believe they didn't replace your FP+ for Soarin'! SOOO unfair!

It's so inspiring how upbeat and positive you were/are and definitely made the best of everything on this trip. Best attitude for travel (and life, too, I suppose)!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of amazed that they replace your Soarin' fastpass. That is very sad! I really hope that was the end of all glitches!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!