Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - February 28-March 16, 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - February 28-March 16, 2014

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Friday pm, February 28, 2014
    It looks like the high will hit 68 today. It doesn't look like any major rain issues tomorrow through Wednesday. There will be about a 10% chance of a brief pop up shower but nothing morning. Tomorrow's high will be around 75, then 76-78 on Sunday. Monday's high will be around 80, then around 75 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday should get back to near 80 as a front approaches. Showers and thunderstorms develop in the afternoon and evening. The rain will continue off and on Friday with a high 70-72.

Long range...March 8-12 looks mostly dry with highs in the mid 70s on March 8-9, dropping down into the low 60s for March 10-11 and back into the low to mid 70s for March 12. March 13 showers and thunderstorms move in. March 14-16 highs range from the mid 60s to mid 70s with dry conditions.

Travel Impact
    There are minor delays this afternoon in Las Vegas and San Francisco. Delays are possible over Texas tomorrow.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My week is 2/9-2/15...wishing for weather In the 70's!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

my in-laws are planning to drive 2/12 from maryland-how bad does it look like the winter storm will be? they are talking about trying to move their trip. thanks!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    my in-laws are planning to drive 2/12 from maryland-how bad does it look like the winter storm will be? they are talking about trying to move their trip. thanks!
    Hey, I'll have an update up in a couple of hours and will get you an answer ASAP.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    I think driving conditions could get quite bad over NC, SC, and northern GA tomorrow afternoon through Thursday. If they were going to move up their trip they might have to get out today!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! they may leave early--otherwise they're talking about pushing it back a few weeks. Your info helped! They'll be deciding before dinner i imagine
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there Feb.24-27. Does the 25 look like a total washout?
    Been there, done that, going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea29488 View Post
    We will be there Feb.24-27. Does the 25 look like a total washout?
    The models are fluctuating quite a bit, but right now, no. It looks like the morning and early afternoon might be rain free with heavy rain and thunderstorms for the afternoon and evening.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the help. I guess it's sort of like the summer weather in a way. lol
    Been there, done that, going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, we will be there next week on Tues. the 25th, and leaving Sat. morning, Mar. 1st. The closer we get, the worse the forecast becomes on different websites! It's my moms 80th birthday, and all she wants is to spend it at Disney with us kids. Can you give me hope it won't be a complete washout? (Wed. is her actual birthday at Epcot). Thanks Chris, your forecast is the only one I truly trust
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, other than next Friday, right now no day looks like a washout and even Friday is still "voodooland" so no need to be concerned about it just yet. The problem is where the front stalls. A little further south and you see no rain. A little further north and you see a lot more rain. Just 100 miles makes a big difference and the models don't resolve that kind of small scale stuff very well. Right now my best guess is you'll have hit and miss showers every day, but no day will be a rainout.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris, I'll definitely keep an eye on the forecast. It's a tricky one next week! Figures, this week was sunny and 80's. No complaints here though, just happy to be going
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    I get there March 2 and looking forward to these temps and no snow
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Good morning Chris!
    Next Friday the DisneyorBust clan will be making a triumphant return to WDW. It is time to once again follow your weather reports to help heighten (hopefully) our anticipation.
    Regardless of the weather we will have a great time I'm sure, here's hoping for warmth and sunshine after such a cold, snowy winter here in the Pittsburgh area.
    Thanks in advance! We appreciate your efforts.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I am a summer girl stuck in this never ending winter in MI and I LOVE the 90's even if there is humidity Our temps this week are today 14 (real feel of -1), Thursday 10 (real feel -12), Friday 14 (real feel 9) but we have a heat wave on Saturday with 28

We will be coming with a bunch of cheerleaders for a competition the weekend of March 15/16 (I will be there from the 13-18) and I am SO looking forward to warmer weather even if it's only in the 70's! Any indication yet as to the weather for that time frame?
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian