Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My only question is, when its 85-95 degrees outside, 80% humidity, standing in lines 45 minutes long only for the ride to breakdown or stop, along with million other people and walking like 10 miles in a day, who wants a Starbucks coffee? (and dont throw the frozen/iced drinks in my face b/c while better, still, can't imagine it).

I love my macchiatos, don't get me wrong, but, not when i've done all of the above. But i'm sure there are a number of people who will enjoy those things.

But the theme will be important. I hope they don't but the big **** store and baristas in the middle of Adventureland or Mainstreet.

Hmm, will there be a fastpass for it?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that people couldn't find a way to do it before, but I wonder how many people are more likely to consume caffeine there with a Starbucks present. If they have more caffeine than they would have before, then go out on a very hot day, they will drop out. Not blaming this on Starbucks, but some people who don't understand proper hydration might be more likely to get themselves into trouble than before.

Just another thing I hope Disney has, at least, discussed with emergency services. I suspect any increase would represent a tiny percentage, but I would want somebody to bring it up in my emergency planning meetings anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol good point Tekneek
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Maybe I've been out of the loop, but I don't remember the last time I've seen your name around these parts. Big time blast from the past! I hope you're well.
    I wasn't posting for a while, but I still read I've been thinking about WDW a lot lately and figured I'd start posting more often
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Why can't they simply serve the product in an existing Disney cafe/restaurant? The Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks Coffee sounds like a good compromise to me. That way, the people who pay $6.00 for something that costs a quarter can get their daily gouging, and those who don't want to see something that is on every single street corner in America in a place that is supposed to be unique wont have to see it. Once the company realizes they can get the same (or better) sales volume out of a chain location, what would stop them from increasing such generic options?

Ive seen this at my home park already; three of four seasons ago Cedar Point put in a Subway and once they realized people were kosher with paying $12.00 for a foot long, two more Subways, a Chick-fil-A and a Panda Express followed suit. The point is, the slope from 'Magical' to 'Mundane' is far more slippery than people think.
    4/88 - Offsite3/97 - Treehouse Villas7/98 - Dixie Landings10/02-7/03 - Orlando Resident10/22 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

1) Disney changes menus to give us "healthy" stuff.
    2) So, we get ****** buns and yucky hot dogs.
    3) Kids menus are a source of complaints.
    4) So, with the healthy, now we can get 700 calorie coffees!
    5) The next thing people will want is Starbucks on DDP.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Disney changes menus to give us "healthy" stuff.
    4) So, with the healthy, now we can get 700 calorie coffees!
    Gotta say, if your Starbucks is 700 calories, that's on you. Me, black, or with Splenda and cinnamon, 0-10 calories.
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Gotta say, if your Starbucks is 700 calories, that's on you. Me, black, or with Splenda and cinnamon, 0-10 calories.
    Thank you!!

I drink mine black. Nothing else. It's also less than $2, so I don't know why people think Starbucks is sooooo expensive (and so unhealthy).
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Thank you!!

I drink mine black. Nothing else. It's also less than $2, so I don't know why people think Starbucks is sooooo expensive (and so unhealthy).
    Yup, I said that earlier in this thread. Also, Starbucks has sugar free syrups and fat free milk products, along with soy, so ridiculous calorie counts are purely a choice.

Also, I'll repeat my prediction about the Starbucks locations. Everywhere you see kiosks that say Espresso and Coffee are NOT Disney run. I predict they will just transition to Starbucks kiosks. They're already in every park. Starbucks treats are better then the treats at the current kiosks, although, now we're talkin' calories again

Post Thanks / Like

Anymore news on this?
    Going back to WDW in Sept..wondering if I'll get to enjoy some Starbucks while there..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have MUCH preferred Dunkin Donuts....HOWEVER...any change to that GHASTLY Nescafe mess will be VERY welcomed! : )

Post Thanks / Like

I am actually thrilled about starbucks entering the parks.....biggest reason I love coffee and am allergic to dairy! On a recent visit I stopped and asked which coffee places offered a soy creamer and guess what none!! I can't imagine I am the only one with this allergy so I look forward to starbucks because they carry soy milk to accomodate people like me
    3/04 CS
    1/05 Pop Century
    12/05 CB
    1/07 WL
    8/07 Pop Century
    1/08 AKL
    08/08 pop
    1/09 pop & ss
    4/09 Pop for DD 8th b-day
    8/09 AKL (welcome home)
    1/10 AKL jambo house
    1/11 AKL jambo
    8/11 Beach Club
    04/12 Lake Buena Vista Suites
    08/12 AKL jambo house

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I'm at the skatepark as i write this with my boy, enjoying a dark roast Starbucks as he zips around the bowl. I honestly don't know what all of the fuss is about. I don't see how adding Starbucks will make DW less magical and more mundane. Most of the food at DW is pretty mundane to begin with and the existing coffee is disgusting.
    Starbucks at least offers tasty coffee ( to me, anyway )

If people want to drink coffee on hot days, that is their choice. Coffee is already being sold in DW. If people were getting ill from drinking it on hot days, I'm sure the existing stands would be removed or plastered with ginormous warning signs. Moreover, pop is full if caffeine and yet it's guzzled by the gallon on hot days. Nobody is making a fuss about that. Oh...and coke and sprite and dole aren't DW brands. I don't think their sale makes DW any less magical.

The expense? Not my business what folks choose to spend on. The merchandise at DW is overpriced and of poor to average quality. Just b/c it says "Disney" on the label doesn't mean it's worth the bucks. And yet we (myself included) continue to dish out thousands for it.

Calories? Again, not my business what people ear or drink. But I don't see anyone clamoring to eliminate dole whips, churros, funnel cakes , ice cream, candy apples, pop, fries, chicken nuggets,etc. What about the dining plans where you end up eating enough food for one week in one day? I say eat and drink what you want on holiday.

Starbucks will bring happiness to many people. If you don't like it, don't drink it. I think parades are boring so I don't watch. If you love them ... fantastic. I won't be chiding you about blocking walkways, etc. Having said that, I'm not deluding myself thatDW is thinking of my happiness as a guest by putting in Starbucks. It's a business decision - but come October when I'm blissfully sipping my iced dark roast with cream and one sugar, I'm not going to care.

Happy travels.

Post Thanks / Like

This might be a dumb question, but the coffee at the food courts, will that be starbucks coffee as well?
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but the coffee at the food courts, will that be starbucks coffee as well?
    I doubt it... I don't think I've seen Starbucks served outside a Starbucks location, but I've honestly never cared to pay that much attention. Sure, they sell the coffee [beans] everywhere, but not the coffee drinks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DunkinNut View Post
    I would have MUCH preferred Dunkin Donuts....HOWEVER...any change to that GHASTLY Nescafe mess will be VERY welcomed! : )
    AMEN to that! It's horrid.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I doubt it... I don't think I've seen Starbucks served outside a Starbucks location, but I've honestly never cared to pay that much attention. Sure, they sell the coffee [beans] everywhere, but not the coffee drinks.
    Barnes and Noble Cafes serve Starbucks coffee, and Borders (before it closed) served Seattle's Best, which is a Starbucks product, so it can be done.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll be! Now I know another place I might be able to get a Frappacino in an emergency! I can't remember the last time I set foot in a book store; another victim of the Internet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    Barnes and Noble Cafes serve Starbucks coffee, and Borders (before it closed) served Seattle's Best, which is a Starbucks product, so it can be done.
    I think Burger King has Seattle's Best as well, and there are a TON of places that sell Tazo tea (another Starbucks product), so I wouldn`t be surprised if Starbucks becomes the resort-wide coffee brand.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by banditlove View Post
    If people want to drink coffee on hot days, that is their choice. Coffee is already being sold in DW. If people were getting ill from drinking it on hot days, I'm sure the existing stands would be removed or plastered with ginormous warning signs. Moreover, pop is full if caffeine and yet it's guzzled by the gallon on hot days. Nobody is making a fuss about that. Oh...and coke and sprite and dole aren't DW brands. I don't think their sale makes DW any less magical.

The expense? Not my business what folks choose to spend on. The merchandise at DW is overpriced and of poor to average quality. Just b/c it says "Disney" on the label doesn't mean it's worth the bucks. And yet we (myself included) continue to dish out thousands for it.

Calories? Again, not my business what people ear or drink. But I don't see anyone clamoring to eliminate dole whips, churros, funnel cakes , ice cream, candy apples, pop, fries, chicken nuggets,etc. What about the dining plans where you end up eating enough food for one week in one day? I say eat and drink what you want on holiday.

Starbucks will bring happiness to many people. If you don't like it, don't drink it. I think parades are boring so I don't watch. If you love them ... fantastic. I won't be chiding you about blocking walkways, etc. Having said that, I'm not deluding myself thatDW is thinking of my happiness as a guest by putting in Starbucks. It's a business decision - but come October when I'm blissfully sipping my iced dark roast with cream and one sugar, I'm not going to care.

Happy travels.
    Don't forget, what is the operative word in Dole Whip? DOLE! A brand! With it's own kiosk! I haven't heard any complaining about that. People need to just relax.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: