Quantcast Fantasmic - East vs. West - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Fantasmic! at Disneyland in California is much better than the one in Florida. In my opinion, the only thing Florida has that California doesn't, is the space to comfortably seat people. At Disneyland, you're sitting on the ground for hours and then standing through the show... not the best on the comfort front.

I think the stage used at WDW is a lot broader and magnificent than that of DLR and they're missing a lot of villains, but that is just because Disneyland's is the classic and they made do with the space they had and the villains up until that point. Which I believe was 1992.

I wish maybe DHS, if they ever poured any money into that place, would get a Fantasmic! overhaul and include the best of both worlds. Get the Flotsam & Jetsam characters out there, upgrade the dragon, maybe add a new sequence or two? Maybe with Chernabog as the top of a mountain peak and he opens up his wings to expose his mighty self... I don't know. Just spitballing here. Maybe upgrade their dinky ship (I realize it is supposed to be Steamboat Willie, but why so small??) and what not.
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    I agree that Fantasmic! at Disneyland in California is much better than the one in Florida. In my opinion, the only thing Florida has that California doesn't, is the space to comfortably seat people. At Disneyland, you're sitting on the ground for hours and then standing through the show... not the best on the comfort front.
    This is my beef at DL vs WDW. World of Color and Fantasmic require you to be about 6 foot 8 to really enjoy the shows at DL. At WDW, they have the giant arena where you can sit comfortably, not stand for half an hour which really stinks.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    This is my beef at DL vs WDW. World of Color and Fantasmic require you to be about 6 foot 8 to really enjoy the shows at DL. At WDW, they have the giant arena where you can sit comfortably, not stand for half an hour which really stinks.
    Amen to that brother.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to World of Color first, then immediately made my way over to DL and fought my way through the crowds watching the fireworks. This was a Saturday night by the way. I then rode Indiana Jones and Haunted Mansion while waiting for the first show to end, then made my way over for the second show. Did not have to wait forever, and was able to sit in the center.

It was SO much better than at WDW, the only bad part is the lack of seating!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that the show is better than WDW - because we love the show at WDW! We've never been to DLR (first trip next month!) I am not looking forward to the lack of seating though - that might be rough on the kids.
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back last week. Agree the MT boat maked all the difference in the world! Highly recommend showing up early for both Fantasmic & World of Color(even if you already got FS). We got up close in the wet zone
    DL too many times :D
    WDW 5/27/2011-6/11/2011 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

A very belated thanks to all who responded to this. We did go and see Fantasmic at DLR, and although the dragon did not choose to appear that night (alas, they are technical nightmares on both coasts), it was still a great show!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TracyL View Post
    although the dragon did not choose to appear that night
    Is this STILL an issue? Seriously?? I paid for the Fantasmic! Dessert Package in August 2011 and it did not show up then either... and again that same October.

I was considering doing the dessert package again this August when I take my friend to DLR for the first time for the D23 Expo but if the dragon isn't guaranteed to make an appearance by now -- I doubt I will shell out the money for a chair. Heck, even the Pinocchio puppet sequence wasn't working either!!

To me, the whole transformation sequence seems a bit lackluster, non-sensical and very anticlimactic without the dragon. I am extremely dissapointed to hear that this dragon isn't making regular appearances.

Does anybody have more information on the dragon? How often does it show itself? How often not? It's pretty sad if you have to basically gamble to see what you should expect (and be amazed) to see!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    Is this STILL an issue? Seriously?? I paid for the Fantasmic! Dessert Package in August 2011 and it did not show up then either... and again that same October.

I was considering doing the dessert package again this August when I take my friend to DLR for the first time for the D23 Expo but if the dragon isn't guaranteed to make an appearance by now -- I doubt I will shell out the money for a chair. Heck, even the Pinocchio puppet sequence wasn't working either!!

To me, the whole transformation sequence seems a bit lackluster, non-sensical and very anticlimactic without the dragon. I am extremely dissapointed to hear that this dragon isn't making regular appearances.

Does anybody have more information on the dragon? How often does it show itself? How often not? It's pretty sad if you have to basically gamble to see what you should expect (and be amazed) to see!!
    Does anybody have an answer for this? I am quite eager for an answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Have not taken in a showing of Fantasmic! in quite some time so can not speak first hand. I would guess that this is not a problem that has been going on for years without attention, being the climax of the show.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    being the climax of the show.
    Yah, which is one of the most important parts! Which really bewilders me that they haven't gotten this back in tune. You think they would be on this ASAP and be sure that it works flawlessly every time.

Post Thanks / Like

The dragon appears in most shows. Unfortunately there are glitches once in a while. It's too bad, you were there on nights when it didn't work.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    The dragon appears in most shows. Unfortunately there are glitches once in a while. It's too bad, you were there on nights when it didn't work.
    Hopefully it decides to appear on our trip in August. I'll book the dessert package and hope for the best, I guess. Not to sound unrealistic, but do you think if the dragon did not show and we were upset about it, that we could go to City Hall on Main Street and express our "concern". Is this likely to get any sort of compensation and what not?

Post Thanks / Like

I think i MAY have misunderstood but...did someone say that you have to sit on the ground to watch the show? I've only been to the one in WDW with the stadium seating, where you really don't have a BAD view. Can someone clarify this for me please? Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic! is performed on the Rivers of America. Seating is on the ground on the walkways in this New Orleans Square/Frontierland area. I don't feel I have ever had a poor view for this show. The worst I have suffered is a sore rear-end from sitting too long.

If you decide to purchase the dessert package you will be provided with folding chairs to sit on.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!