Quantcast Another 24 hour event?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another 24 hour event?

A blogger and several others on fan sites have started to spread word that Disney has planned another 24 hour event for Disneyland and WDW's Magic Kingdom... The rumored date is May 24th... If you check out your calendars, that is the Friday of Memorial Day weekend...

This event may be included as part of the limited time magic promotion and will (if the date is true) will take place on one of the busiest weekends of the year...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. What could the 'theme' be though? I have a hard time imagining something that could beat 'Another Disney Day' tied into Leap Day. That was cool, and I'm glad I went (although I don't remember much of it ).

Post Thanks / Like

The theme is making $$$$.

First one was a huge success for them.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    First one was a huge success for them.
    Hey! That's when I met you. But I recall someone else being tired.

Post Thanks / Like

The rumored theme is the kickoff for the "Monstrous Summer" campaign. One can only wonder what that will bring.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I hope not. We are supposed to be there that day as we have a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest. If it's a mad scene that day it will not be fun, and there is no chance of us getting the reservation for another day that weekend at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by potzie View Post
    I hope not. We are supposed to be there that day as we have a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest. If it's a mad scene that day it will not be fun, and there is no chance of us getting the reservation for another day that weekend at this point.
    That weekend is one of the busiest of the year... It is going to be a mad scene anyway... Which is why I question who in their right mind picked that date?

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    The theme is making $$$$.
    Funny!

This is around DSs bday. Would be fun...but if going to be mad house.No thank you.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It's the weekend after we get off the Dream so we're already there. The Crowd Prediction site shows that it's actually not that bad that weekend. I was surprised by the numbers they are predicting but they haven't moved them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Hey! That's when I met you. But I recall someone else being tired.
    A day that will live in infamy...
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

That was cool, and I'm glad I went (although I don't remember much of it ).
    I think I'm sick. I have an urge to do it again to prove I can, but that would be
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by potzie View Post
    It's the weekend after we get off the Dream so we're already there. The Crowd Prediction site shows that it's actually not that bad that weekend. I was surprised by the numbers they are predicting but they haven't moved them up.
    Now today they have changed the predicted levels from 4.4 yesterday for May 24th to 10.0 today. Guess we'll have to miss the park this short visit and see it all in November when we have more time.

Post Thanks / Like

The event is going to be themed around Monsters U...

And confirmed to be held during Memorial Day Weekend...

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Parks to Kick Off a ‘Monstrous Summer’ With 24 Hours of Magic on Both Coasts

Spaceship Earth Transforms into “Monsters University” Star Mike Wazowski To Announce
    All-Night Parties for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resorts

ANAHEIM, Calif. and LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 25, 2013) – Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort will kick off a Monstrous Summer bykeeping three theme parks open for 24 hours nonstop on Memorial Day Weekend, the traditional start of the familytravel season.

The Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in California will stay open from 6 a.m., May 24 to 6 a.m., May 25, 2013, local time* marking the beginning of a summer of fun inspired by the upcoming Disney•Pixar comedy adventure Monsters University.

The oversized fun of a 24-hour Disney park “All-Nighter” called for an equally epic announcement, and the huge sphere of Spaceship Earth was transformed from
    Disney Parks icon to Disney Pixar “Eye-con,” becoming a 180-foot-tall, fully animated Mike Wazowski, the loveable green-bodied, one-eyed monster who joins best pal James P. Sullivan (“Sulley”) in the prequel to Monsters, Inc., this summer as college students with hopes of becoming Scarers.

Walt Disney World President George Kalogridis joined Mike to share the news of the first-ever, three-park All-Nighter. “This summer, Disney Parks are bursting with a monstrous lineup of new thrills, shows and happenings,” said Kalogridis. “Guests can start Memorial Day Weekend with a 24-hour-marathon of memory-making as three Parks stay open all day and all night to celebrate the bi-coastal kick-off of a Monstrous Summer at Disney Parks.” Mike and Sulley will take a break from collegiate life and their Scare studies at Monsters University to host the All-Nighter, dropping in to scare up some school spirit. Guests will scream and giggle with delight at the lineup of thrills and entertainment that promises to make this a day and night to be remembered for a lifetime.

In Florida, the Magic Kingdom will feature a Monsters University theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day
    parade – complete with pomp and circumstance – and make appearances in Tomorrowland. Guests also will find extra entertainment throughout the day and night,
    including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.

In California, guests can partythe night away at both parks with special entertainment, including a Monsters University “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars
    characters in Tomorrowland, and late-night Character Pajama Partyin Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing, and guests of Disney California Adventure will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new Monsters University “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new Monsters University float leading the Pixar Play Parade.

All three parks will feature limited-edition specialty merchandise and food and beverage offerings plus other surprises throughout the entire day. The All-Nighter is just the beginning of the fun. In California, vacationers at “The Happiest Place on Earth” will see how Disneyland Resort “Just Got Happier” with great new attractions such as the “Mickey and the Magical Map” stage show. It is also the first summer for guests to experience the new Fantasy Faire with Disney Princesses at Disneyland, and theycontinue to enjoythe exciting new offerings of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure.

Walt Disney World Monstrous Summer includes new offerings and popular favorites in all four parks. This is the first summer for New Fantasyland, which has received rave reviews from guests since its December grand opening as the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history. Guests also will find new, engaging offerings for the entire familythroughout the Walt Disney World Resort this summer such as an interactive “Pirates Adventure” game at Magic Kingdom, the newlyre-imagined Test
    Track at Epcot, the new DisneyJunior show, featuring Sofia The First and Doc McStuffins, as new additions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, plus Wilderness Explorers at Disney’s Animal Kingdom that will bring families together in exciting new ways.

ABOUT “MONSTERS UNIVERSITY”
    Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University(MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer.

The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, theyrealize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right. Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters University” is directed by Dan Scanlon (“Cars,” “Mater and the Ghostlight,” “Tracy”), produced by Kori Rae (“Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.”) and features music from future Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and award-winning composer Randy
    Newman (“Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story 3″). For more information, like us at facebook.com/PixarMonsters University, and follow us on twitter.com/disneypixar. The film opens in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2013, and will be shown in 3D in select theaters.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. What could the 'theme' be though? I have a hard time imagining something that could beat 'Another Disney Day' tied into Leap Day. That was cool, and I'm glad I went (although I don't remember much of it ).
    So, previous posters said it is themed around Monsters University, but did you catch that they are calling it an "All-Nighter"?

I think it's clever.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I would give just about anything to see the Wazowski Epcot ball!!! How KEWL!!!

Unfortunately, there is not even a slight chance of that . . . I sure hope that there are some great picts posted of it.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

THIS IS HAPPENING ON THE SECOND DAY OF OUR VACATION AND I WOULDN'T MISS THIS!! MIKE IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE CHARACTER AND NOW I AM GOING TO GO RE-PLAN OUR TRIP SO WE CAN BE IN MK THAT DAY. CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

The one year we decide to splurge for a Christmas trip and skip our regular Memorial Day trip something exciting happens. Just my luck! Hope everyone that gets to go has a great time. My family is super jealous!
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there! good times
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs