Quantcast Cute ideas on how to tell kids they are

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cute ideas on how to tell kids they are

Going while on the road?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

"hey kids we are going to Disney!"

Post Thanks / Like

You can say, "Remember when we said we were going to Chattaooga? Well, we're not, we're going to DIsney World!"

Works every time!

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't tell them until they see you drive through the gates!
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Just don't tell them until they see you drive through the gates!

This is what we did once. We had vacationed at Disney's Vero Beach resort. At that time my kids were young enough not to realize we were right next to WDW. They did ask if we could go to WDW since we'd be in Florida. We told them we would still be too far away to go. On our way home I got out the video camera and started asking them about their trip to Vero. If they had fun, what was their favorite part of the trip, those kinds of questions. Just as we were getting close to the "gates" I asked if they had had enough fun or if they wanted to have some more fun? Of course they said they wanted "more fun". So we then told them to look out the front windshield and there it was the "gates to WDW". They were beyond excited. They spent the rest of that day telling anyone who would listen that their parents had surprised them with a few nights in WDW. It was a great surprise and something none of us will ever forget. Good luck and have fun.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

For our first trip with the kids to Disney, we just told them we were going on a grand adventure. At that time, DME did not exist, so we were on one of the Meyer's buses that you could take to the resorts. All through the car ride to the airport and the flight the kids did not know were we were heading. It was not until they saw the overhead sign as you entered Disney did they figure it out. The look on there face and their excitement is something that will stick with me the rest of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

We told them at first they were going to Boston on an educational trip I let them pick out a hotel online and everything. We told them at the airport gate.
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

i am so not a secret keeper! I admire anyone who could keep the secret until on the way!I get too excited myself to not constantly be talking about it!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

I can't do it for WDW. I include my DD (almost 12) in the planning.

I did however do that for one of our day trips to Disneyland. We are AP's and go often. I drove in a different route and just told her I had a suprise for her. When we got close to Disneyland she was so angry with me. Since then I have to include her in the planning. She was fine once she got over it.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    i am so not a secret keeper! I admire anyone who could keep the secret until on the way!I get too excited myself to not constantly be talking about it!
    It is a hard secret to keep. For us the Vero Beach trip was exciting, so I just talked about that instead of the WDW part.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

1st time---Told them that we were going to Utah to go hiking. Drove 2 days before they started to realize the landmarks and signs in Orlando. Fun to watch them looking out the window. Told them we were going to stop at POR to use bathroom. One son was mad and stayed in the car. The other son came in with me to check in...Told him while we were in line to check in..Surprised.

2nd time--Told them that we were going to take Grandma and Grandpa to the airport because they were going to Las Vegas. When we got into airport, told them..Come on lets get on the plan, we are going to Disney
    1974 Off Site
    1975 Off Site
    1985 Off Site
    1989 Off site
    1994 Off Site
    2000 Dixie Landings
    Mar 2007 POR
    Mar 2008 POR
    Nov 2008 CSR
    Mar 2009 POP
    Mar/Apr 2010-POR
    Jun 2010--POR
    Mar 2011--All Star Sports
    Aug 2011-All Star Sports
    Dec 2012-POR
    Feb 2014-POR
    2015-POR
    2016-POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicjohn3 View Post
    One son was mad and stayed in the car.
    Bet he was surprised! That sounds like a reaction my daughter would have had when she was younger!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Our oldest son is so gulable. We told him we were going to Pigeon Forge, which is only about 1.5 hrs from our house. After about 5hrs into our journey he said, man this is the longest it has ever taken to get to Pigeon Forge. We told him we were taking back roads like his grandad does. He was OK with that. We finally had to stop and grab a bite to eat and that is what he finally noticed something was amiss. He saw palm trees. He said, we aren't in TN anymore are we? We said no. He said that the only place he knew that had palm trees was Florida. At that point a big grin came over his face and he was the happiest kid on earth. We love doing things like this with them. My parents did it to me and it is my fondest memories. I hope they are his as well.

We are going for Christmas and we had a puzzle made with Mickey and Minnie. We are going to give it to them at Thanksgiving and have them put it together. it says, "Surprise, you're going to be at Disney World for Christmas!" Can't wait to see their reaction.
    May, '08: 2nd child's first trip / Poly club level
    May, '09: Celebrating life @ CR club level
    May, '10: First time w/o diapers since '05 / Poly club level
    March, '11: First Trip Home to BLT!!!
    Dec, '11: First Christmas visit / BLT
    Oct, '12: First Oct. visit / BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I was little my parents had a scavenger hunt for my brother and I which eventually led us to the final clue of finding a Disney Vacation Planning video underneath my brother's bed. It was our first ever trip. I'll never forget the way they told us!
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

ssPlans are in the works for September and I am taking the whole family down. My daughter and here family will be driving from Atlanta and my sons family will be flying down with us. I'm thinking we will have to tell them as we are getting on the plane, but not before. My grand daughter is pretty sharp and will know if Nana and Papa are going with them, the are going to Disney. I'm sure we will try to mislead them telling them they are going somewhere else or maybe we'll stay out of site untill they are boarding but I think we will at some point pull out the Mickey Ears and tell them where they are going. Still a long time to figure out a fool proof way to pull this one off. My grand son just walked by me and asked if I was on the Disney site. He's only three but he saw the Mickey ears on the smiley on the side of the screen. This is going to be a tough secret to keep!!!!

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: