Quantcast FREE 2 Bedroom Villa Advise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FREE 2 Bedroom Villa Advise

My daughter-in-law informed us last night she won employee of the year at her dental office! Her reward is use of the boss's time share for 7 night stay anywhere she wants including 5 Villa locations on Disney property. We were planning a Disney trip in September already so this works out great; and the best part is ( seeing there are 7 of us going)she can use it on a 2 Bedroom villa at the following:

Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk Inn
    Wildness Lodge
    Old Key West
    Saratoga

In my many years of Disney trips never been able to visit a Deluxe never mind a 2br villa. I would love some input on these resorts and if you could stay for a week and only have to pay for food, park tickets, plane far where would you say and why.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom Lodge without question...

Post Thanks / Like

I would also do the Animal Kingdom! They have incredible restaurants, Animal viewing areas, and the theme is beautiful. But whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll be happy. Congratulations to your daughter and have a magical trip.
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! What a great boss she has to offer this to his employees. I have only stayed at Animal Kingdom and I loved it.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    WOW!! What a great boss she has to offer this to his employees. I have only stayed at Animal Kingdom and I loved it.
    I know at my work I basically have to call in sick each day from Disney for a week off, never mind them paying for my room.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOooooo! So Lucky!

It really depends on what your family/group likes. If it's more of an older crowd, I would definitely say Boardwalk just for the location alone - just a walk into EPCOT and HS. If you love the night life then Boardwalk is a great option!

However we also enjoyed AK for the pool, restaurants and theme, but it is quite a ways by bus for almost any park (expect AK of course). But the pool is huge and there is lots to see there!

We loved the OKW 2 bdrm villa - so spacious and very relaxing. It was not cramped at all and the full kitchen was great to have. I loved the tropical feel of the resort.

Again - it really depends on who is going with you. I love every place we stay because... hey... we're in WDW!!!

steph
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

We love the location of Wilderness Lodge, easy access to MK and for dinner you have GF, Poly, and CR very close to you.

You may want to look online and see which theme you like better. I think that would be your best starting point.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another vote for AK. We stayed at Kidani in a studio and absolutely loved it. The pool area was fantastic, and we really liked the atmosphere. Although, we have small children, so, depending on your group, you may want to be closer to certain things.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes to the boardwalk, just love the atmosphere and the close proximety to Epcot.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Just one thing to keep in mind with BW, they are all lockoff 2 bdrms made up of a studio and a one bedroom so rather than having 2 dbl beds in the second bedroom you will have one bed and a pullout sofa. You will also have a kitchenette in the bedroom along with the main kitchen in the living area.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Of those, I'd go with Boardwalk. Best location out of the choices offered, I think.

Probably would choose VWL second and AKV third.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong, but I think OKW is the most spacious. For a group of 7 that would be my choice.

Post Thanks / Like

So...what is AVAILABLE...is the best starting place
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome!

We have stayed at all of those except for Boardwalk (thank you Mom and Dad and DVC points!)

Like other have said, I think a lot of it depends on what the ages of the people going are.

OKW rooms are definitely the biggest. It is also a really relaxing resort IMO. I also feel like SSR is very relaxing. I like that you can take a boat to DTD from both resorts. Some people complain about how far they are from the theme parks, but we have never minded. I have heard some complaints about the bus service at both of these since the resort is so spread out, but since we always have a car with us, I can't speak from experience on that. Wilderness Lodge is really beautiful and of course you have the boat launch to MK and some really nice walking trails connecting to Ft. Wilderness. AKL is my favorite though. Wonderful pools, animal veiwing, great food options, and the rooms at Kidani were absolutely beautiful!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never stayed in the Villas but if I had to choose, I'd stay at WL. The resort is beautiful. Very easy to get to MK and you're in the loop of the lagoon where you can see the water parade at night. Never stayed at Animal Kingdom but from what I've been told from people who stayed there, it's a ride to any of the parks.

Congrats to your daughter-in-law and on your trip! That is AWESOME!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M Riddle View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think OKW is the most spacious. For a group of 7 that would be my choice.
    I agree. That said We loved our 2 bedroom at the Boardwalk and it would be my first choice, followed by the huge rooms at Old Key West. I did not care for either the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom so they would be at the bottom of my list.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would pick AKL without a question since I love the animals, but Boardwalk might be cool as well.

Lucky you! Enjoy your trip!
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

With only 4 months to go, you may be limited as to where you can stay..........Availability can be checked online by the DVC member....

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with whatever theme appeals to you and your family the most. Or maybe the "I wish we could stay here someday" resort. Of her choices I'd pick AKL or WL for theming or BW for location.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebK View Post
    With only 4 months to go, you may be limited as to where you can stay..........Availability can be checked online by the DVC member....
    Yes, and Wilderness Lodge fills up fast, so that might not even be an option.

I would go for Boardwalk first. Best proximity to parks and transportation options, plus nighttime entertainment.

After that my choices, in order, would be:
    Wilderness
    Animal Kingdom
    Saratoga
    Old Key West

Just curious, and don't know if you would know the answer to this, but is there some reason why Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club villas aren't on your list?
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: