Quantcast Sweet 16 Disney Style

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Sweet 16 Disney Style

We will be taking a family trip in October. My daughter will turn 16 on our last full day there. Although we have been many times, it hasn't been anyone's actual birthday since she turned 5. What are some special things that you do to celebrate at Disney? We have a shirt made for her to wear. We will get a button. We are doing breakfast at Boma, which is her favorite restaurant. What else do you to make it special?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow down and take the time to interact with the CMs. They will notice and tell her Happy Birthday. Did she get to pick out which park she wants to go on that day? Does Bob Bondurant still have a site set up there? Maybe she could go for her first real drive :P
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the slow down and interaction recommendation....! I certainly hope you're going to celebrate the birthday the entire stay, not just the last day!! If you are staying on-site at Disney, they do offer special deliveries to the rooms with things like flowers and snacks and candies - maybe there would be something special you can find there. Sometimes the simpler things are most fun - maybe a ride to breakfast in a Minnie Van? Whenever and wherever you eat at Disney, always make sure the host/hostess and server know it's her birthday - many times there are fun extras coming her way. Maybe consider the Disney PhotoPass, so you can get lots and lots of Disney-specific special photos that you can go back and look through after the trip.

Have a great time and enjoy the special trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Slow down and take the time to interact with the CMs. They will notice and tell her Happy Birthday. Did she get to pick out which park she wants to go on that day? Does Bob Bondurant still have a site set up there? Maybe she could go for her first real drive :P
    Lol! I never thought about doing a drive for her 16th birthday there. Yes, we are going to Animal Kingdom that morning, but we will be at Magic Kingdom that evening for EMH. Closing down Magic Kingdom late is her absolute favorite!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ThanxForNoticin;2517715]I agree with the slow down and interaction recommendation....! I certainly hope you're going to celebrate the birthday the entire stay, not just the last day!! If you are staying on-site at Disney, they do offer special deliveries to the rooms with things like flowers and snacks and candies - maybe there would be something special you can find there. Sometimes the simpler things are most fun - maybe a ride to breakfast in a Minnie Van?
    I LOVE this idea of the Minnie Van! I am not familiar with this though. I have just recently seen pictures of Minnie Vans. Is this relatively new or have I just missed this over the years? How do I book this, through our hotel? Thanks so much for this fun idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerMel View Post
    Lol! I never thought about doing a drive for her 16th birthday there. Yes, we are going to Animal Kingdom that morning, but we will be at Magic Kingdom that evening for EMH. Closing down Magic Kingdom late is her absolute favorite!
    Have you considered doing the fireworks dessert party?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Have you considered doing the fireworks dessert party?
    Good call. Totally worth it!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerMel View Post
    I LOVE this idea of the Minnie Van! I am not familiar with this though. I have just recently seen pictures of Minnie Vans. Is this relatively new or have I just missed this over the years? How do I book this, through our hotel? Thanks so much for this fun idea!
    Are you staying on-site at a Disney resort? Scheduling a Minnie Van I believe requires staying on-site and then scheduling it through the Lyft app on your phone or tablet. The front desk at your Disney resort can assist you in getting that activated during your stay. We've not done it yet either, but plan to.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully, it's OK to post a Disney link - this is the information available on the Disney site about the Minnie Vans.... have a great trip!

disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: