Quantcast How to "attack" the New Fantasyland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to "attack" the New Fantasyland

OK, so we are frequent visitors (at least every year), and have the plan down for line and crowd avoidance. When we plan on Fantasyland first thing in the AM, we have been at the rope drop, then straight back to FL, and did SW, PP, and Pooh in rapid succession. Then consider Dumbo and the carousel depending on lines. We always came back later for Philharmagic. With the changes, who has a plan for the new Fantasyland? We will be there 11/5-11/15.

Thanks!

"You should never take more than you give."
    The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the princesses important to you? If so I would go right to Enchanted Tales with Belle. Since it is a show, it's line can build pretty rapidly and stay consistent during the days. Princess Fairytale Hall should be a priority too if you want to do the meet & greets. The Little Mermaid ride is newer so lines can form there as well but it handles capacity pretty well.

So if those are things you want to do, a possible plan would be pull FP for PFH (i recommend Rapunzel side because her line builds faster), then do Belle, do Mermaid, fit PFH in for your FP time and then do your normal routine.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We asked a cast member of the new fantasyland when we were there in June. They recommended doing Story Time with Belle first and I tend to agree. Because it is a 'slow loading' attraction, it is best to do that one first before the line gets too long. The little mermaid attraction is an omnimover so it is constantly loading, so the wait should not be as long.

I would still get there at rope drop and go straight through the castle. When you get to the new fantasyland, if you are in doubt about sequencing, ask a cast member, they will steer you in the right direction.

Good luck!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the info you provided here are my thoughts:

FP (or FP+) Under the Sea for about an hour or so after opening return time......hit Tales with Belle 1st, PP, Pooh, SW, Under the Sea if return time is open, then follow the rest of your plan if waiting for Dumbo is not a problem for your group. If it is, I suggest utilizing FP (or FP+) for PP also and putting Dumbo in it's place at 2nd.

We happened to split it into two mornings in May and that worked out well for us. If that is an option for your group, here is what we did: Dumbo, PP, Under the Sea, SW on 1st morning (we had happened to have ridden Pooh in an evening or would have fit that in), Be Our Guest for lunch. 2nd morning was Tales with Belle, met Ariel in her grotto (very important to me! ), Under the Sea again. We also watched Philharmagic in an evening and the Carrousel, which could easily be done on a 2nd morning.

Hope these give you some good ideas. Have fun!
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

We went around lunchtime on Saturday, and got on in Under the Sea in 20 minutes.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    We went around lunchtime on Saturday, and got on in Under the Sea in 20 minutes.
    The attraction doesn't seem to be pulling in the crowds they were hoping for. I've walked on it every time we rode it.

Belle seems very popular though, & Peter Pan always seems to have a wait after 11am.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: